• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Do I need to use the realtek hd audio manager

malcolm2608

Processor AMD Athlon II X3 445 Rana
Motherboard BIOSTAR Group A780L3L
Memory 4.00 GB Single-Channel DDR3 ( forgot the company)
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner)
Storage 313GB Western Digital (SATA),195GB SAMSUNG SAMSUNG ( SATA)
Display(s) AOC 931W
Case forgot lol
Audio Device(s) Realtek High Definition Audio
Power Supply 500psu ( came with case )
Software MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
I have a Biostar A780L3L motherboard an on it is some kinda of realtek audio device , Well I
Installed the realtek audio manager And I didn't notice anything but the a nicer quality if microphone filters, and the ability to change audio settings on the fly without restarting the program that is using that device. Do any of you know any benefits to using the software or without it?

streetfighter 2

There are several benefits to Realtek's audio manager, which include the auto-detection and assignment of plugged devices (headphones/speakers/mics), and some tuning and adjustment features that aren't available in the Windows audio control panel.

However, you do not need to run it all the time. I put a shortcut to the Realtek HD audio manager (RAVCpl64.exe on x64 Windows) in my Start Menu and I only start it when I need it, which is usually when I plug in headphones/mics. Unfortunately the asshole who designed it did not include an exit button so you have to kill it in the Task Manager (AFAIK).
alright , Im not really sure how much ram this program uses since I have had it installed I have never Really noticed anything
About 30MB (aka nothing).

malcolm2608

Display(s) AOC 931W
Case forgot lol
There are several benefits to Realtek's audio manager, which include the auto-detection and assignment of plugged devices (headphones/speakers/mics), and some tuning and adjustment features that aren't available in the Windows audio control panel.

However, you do not need to run it all the time. I put a shortcut to the Realtek HD audio manager (RAVCpl64.exe on x64 Windows) in my Start Menu and I only start it when I need it, which is usually when I plug in headphones/mics. Unfortunately the asshole who designed it did not include an exit button so you have to kill it in the Task Manager (AFAIK).

alright , Im not really sure how much ram this program uses since I have had it installed I have never Really noticed anything

r9

System Name Primary|Secondary|Poweredge r410|Dell XPS|SteamDeck
Processor i7 11700k|i7 9700k|2 x E5620 |i5 5500U|Zen 2 4c/8t
Memory 32GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|32GB ECC DDR3|8GB DDR4|16GB LPDDR5
Video Card(s) RX 7800xt|RX 6700xt |On-Board|On-Board|8 RDNA 2 CUs
Storage 2TB m.2|512GB SSD+1TB SSD|2x256GBSSD 2x2TBGB|256GB sata|512GB nvme
Display(s) 50" 4k TV | Dell 27" |22" |3.3"|7"
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+ | Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 Pro|Windows 10 Pro|Windows 10 Home| Server 2012 r2|Windows 10 Pro

Don`t bother it is small program it is not worth paying any attention. But it is needed if you want to use speakers and headphones at the same time. You can program each connector for your needs.

malcolm2608

Display(s) AOC 931W
Case forgot lol
Don`t bother it is small program it is not worth paying any attention. But it is needed if you want to use speakers and headphones at the same time. You can program each connector for your needs.

Just curious but are there any other program like the realtek audio manager that would work for a different sound card or computer, I also have another desktop and a laptop And I would like the ability to have sound coming out of both,

edwardmckim

I put a shortcut to the Realtek HD audio manager (RAVCpl64.exe on x64 Windows) in my Start Menu and I only start it when I need it, which is usually when I plug in headphones/mics. Unfortunately the asshole who designed it did not include an exit button so you have to kill it in the Task Manager (AFAIK). hire writer

The reason why didn't use Realtek HD audio manager that much. Not being able to close the program is too annoying.