• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Do you believe the new navi cards will be released with stable drivers?

System Name Purple rain
Processor 10.5 thousand 4.2G 1.1v
Motherboard Zee 490 Aorus Elite
Cooling Noctua D15S
Memory 16GB 4133 CL16-16-16-31 Viper Steel
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
Storage SU900 128,8200Pro 1TB,850 Pro 512+256+256,860 Evo 500,XPG950 480, Skyhawk 2TB
Display(s) Acer XB241YU+Dell S2716DG
Case P600S Silent w. Alpenfohn wing boost 3 ARGBT+ fans
Audio Device(s) K612 Pro w. FiiO E10k DAC,W830BT wireless
Power Supply Superflower Leadex Gold 850W
Mouse G903 lightspeed+powerplay,G403 wireless + Steelseries DeX + Roccat rest
Keyboard HyperX Alloy SilverSpeed (w.HyperX wrist rest),Razer Deathstalker
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
I forget what the exact type of bias is called, but the principle is that you're more likely to review a product, respond to a survey, make a negative forum post, etc. if you've had an extreme experience. Those people that are having awful issues are the ones that are making the posts. Those people that are having an okay or good experience don't have anything to complain about so they don't feel obligated to post anywhere. If you go to a restaurant and you have a fine meal (good service, good food, good environment, etc.), how likely are you to go and put up a positive review (assuming of course you're not a Yelp fanatic or something)? But if you went to that same restaurant and had an awful experience (service was awful, you found a hair in your food, the restaurant was filthy, etc) you'd feel a lot more obligated to go and shout from the rooftops that XYZ restaurant is awful and that you shouldn't go there.

I think the same thing applies here. The people that are having severe driver issues are the ones posting and switching to Nvidia, and they're the ones you see so the issue seems more widespread than it is.
I think it's just confirmation bias.If you type anything in google,it's gonna find it.It's never a good measure of a scale of a problem.
the tech world works on different rules than restaurants - if a product is good,it'll get good ratings consistently.

imo driver release notes and what some tech channels said about navi return rates being several times higher than previous gen.

that said,gcn got better over time and rdna will too.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard MSI MPG X570S Carbon Max Wifi
Cooling CPU: bequiet! Dark Rock 4. Case fans: 2x bequiet Silent Wings 3 140s, 2x Silent Wings 3 120s
Memory 2 x 8 GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-4400 C19
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Storage 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E M.2, 1 TB SK Hynix P31 M.2, 1 TB Inland Professional, 500 GB Samsung 860 Evo
Display(s) MSI Optix MAG271CQR 1440p 144Hz, MSI Optix MAG241C 1080p 144Hz
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Audio Device(s) Philips SHP9500, V-Moda BoomPro, Sybasonic Better Connectivity USB DAC/Amp
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 80+ Gold 750W
Mouse Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Custom Qwertykeys Navy QK80: Sarokeys Strawberry Wine switches, GMK CYL DMG3 keycaps
I think this is the takeaway. Even with issues still around, you (meaning everyone, not you specifically) have to admit that AMD has made great progress in solving the issues. Like I said back towards the beginning of this thread, I like to think that AMD has learned from this driver fiasco. Will RDNA2 be driver issue-free? Most likely not. But I think that it will be leaps and bounds ahead of the issues that were present when Navi first launched.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
I forget what the exact type of bias is called, but the principle is that you're more likely to review a product, respond to a survey, make a negative forum post, etc. if you've had an extreme experience. Those people that are having awful issues are the ones that are making the posts. Those people that are having an okay or good experience don't have anything to complain about so they don't feel obligated to post anywhere. If you go to a restaurant and you have a fine meal (good service, good food, good environment, etc.), how likely are you to go and put up a positive review (assuming of course you're not a Yelp fanatic or something)? But if you went to that same restaurant and had an awful experience (service was awful, you found a hair in your food, the restaurant was filthy, etc) you'd feel a lot more obligated to go and shout from the rooftops that XYZ restaurant is awful and that you shouldn't go there.

I think the same thing applies here. The people that are having severe driver issues are the ones posting and switching to Nvidia, and they're the ones you see so the issue seems more widespread than it is.
What exactly are you arguing here? That instead of a 2080Ti he should have got the AMD equivalent? :wtf:
We all know bad news travels faster, comparing the amount of bad news will still give you an adequate (not perfect) image.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Cooling CPU: bequiet! Dark Rock 4. Case fans: 2x bequiet Silent Wings 3 140s, 2x Silent Wings 3 120s
Storage 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E M.2, 1 TB SK Hynix P31 M.2, 1 TB Inland Professional, 500 GB Samsung 860 Evo
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Audio Device(s) Philips SHP9500, V-Moda BoomPro, Sybasonic Better Connectivity USB DAC/Amp
Keyboard Custom Qwertykeys Navy QK80: Sarokeys Strawberry Wine switches, GMK CYL DMG3 keycaps
What exactly are you arguing here? That instead of a 2080Ti he should have got the AMD equivalent? :wtf:
We all know bad news travels faster, comparing the amount of bad news will still give you an adequate (not perfect) image.
Not at all. I only quoted the portion talking about looking at AMD forums. If he was fed up with the issues he was having with the Radeon VII and wanted to swap for a 2080Ti, that's his decision. Just because I was okay dealing with my minor issues for a little while before they were fixed, doesn't mean everybody wants to.
Like EarthDog and I discussed, we don't know the numbers for how widespread these issues are. For sure you can make a guesstimation based on what you're seeing in terms of complaints and whatnot. My post was meant to explain that doesn't necessarily give you the whole picture. As I mentioned, I agree that these issues are more widespread than normal. "But the reality is we have no idea just how much over 'normal' issues were there. But I'm pretty sure we can safely say that both of these issues were over what many would consider to be normal."

I think one of my bigger gripes is that people have just been conditioned to think "AMD = bad, Nvidia = good" because of the prevalence of the driver issues that were present at Navi launch when in fact AMD's hardware is pretty solid and their drivers continue to get better with age. Focusing in on all the negative forum posts and what not makes it easier to forget that there are plenty of people out there that haven't had any issues or have had very minor ones that have been fixed.

bug

Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
... "But the reality is we have no idea just how much over 'normal' issues were there. But I'm pretty sure we can safely say that both of these issues were over what many would consider to be normal."
One article said return rates are 5x higher than normal. It's just one sample, but if normal return rates are ~1%, that puts Navi ~5%.
Not the end of the world, but it's about the same chance as drawing the short straw at Covid lottery.

Processor 6700k @ 4.8ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte z170x gaming 7
Cooling Corsair H110i GTX
Memory corsair vengeance 300mhz
Video Card(s) evga 2080ti ftw3 ulra gaming 2100mhz
Storage 2 x Samsung 970 evo plus 1TB
Display(s) Acer xr431ck
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Logitech 5.1 surround speakers and headset
Power Supply Seasonic prime ultra titianium 850 watt.
Mouse Logitech g502, g903 wireless
i have no faith left in AMD to produce reliable drivers. they failed to provide that for their flagship card even 17 months after release. if you want a stable platform take my advice and buy nvidia. I suffered for 17 months with radeon vii. trouble with AMD drivers is they fix a issue in one release and then its broken again in the next release. for example take the recent implementation of hardware accelerated gpu scheduling it was broken in the next release.

AMD fans can try to brush this issue under the carpet but the fact remains that many users are suffering from driver crashes and black screens resulting in having to hard reset and AMD have not been able to resolve this major flaw along with many other major issues.

Nvidia is a far more reliable platform.

My experience with nvidia compared to amd is night and day, the 2080 ti has been flawless and exceeded all my expectations.

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
Well there is/was legitimate driver issues. Just that people choose to complain without problem solving then posting miss information and claiming they are dumping Navi for Nvidia.
A lot of those reviews sounded fake and over blown IMO

I wish my "review" of my navi experience (and workarounds I developed that worked for some, not others) was fake and overblown, believe me.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X ||| Intel Core i7-3930K
Motherboard ASUS ProArt B550-CREATOR ||| Asus P9X79 WS
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S ||| Be Quiet Pure Rock
Memory Crucial 2 x 16 GB 3200 MHz ||| Corsair 8 x 8 GB 1333 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1060 3GB ||| MSI GTX 680 4GB
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512 GB + 1 TB ||| Intel 545s 512 GB + 256 GB
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" ||| Eizo EV2416W 24"
Case Fractal Design Define 7 XL x 2
Audio Device(s) Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 x 2
Mouse Razer Abyssus
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire XT
Software Ubuntu
Did it get significantly better though?
Can it be that there is a spike in bug reports because many are buying cards around a launch? I find it strange that there was a spike in complaints about Vega when Navi launched, so unless AMD managed to mess up their driver again and again, I suspect it was about the same all along.

My old programmer intuition tells me that there might be some unresolved underlying cause that they keep suppressing by workarounds. Such fixes might "help" to some extent, but since the underlying cause remains, new variants will keep popping up. They fix that, it gets "better", but then there is the next case…

I've seen many "experienced" programmers who fix bugs this way; one day they get a bug report, fix it file A. Two weeks later, another bug report, fix it in file B, another two weeks then file C, etc. etc. Then I took a look at it and all the "fixes" were just suppressing incorrect state, so the actual bug was never fixed, just suppressed, and a large number of "bugs" were in reality just a single bug, and there could be a nearly limitless potential of new symptoms of the unresolved bug just looming there. So whenever I see a pattern of bugs, I start to think there might be some connection between them. I think most experienced programmers will know what I'm talking about here.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Not at all. I only quoted the portion talking about looking at AMD forums. If he was fed up with the issues he was having with the Radeon VII and wanted to swap for a 2080Ti, that's his decision. Just because I was okay dealing with my minor issues for a little while before they were fixed, doesn't mean everybody wants to.
Like EarthDog and I discussed, we don't know the numbers for how widespread these issues are. For sure you can make a guesstimation based on what you're seeing in terms of complaints and whatnot. My post was meant to explain that doesn't necessarily give you the whole picture. As I mentioned, I agree that these issues are more widespread than normal. "But the reality is we have no idea just how much over 'normal' issues were there. But I'm pretty sure we can safely say that both of these issues were over what many would consider to be normal."

I think one of my bigger gripes is that people have just been conditioned to think "AMD = bad, Nvidia = good" because of the prevalence of the driver issues that were present at Navi launch when in fact AMD's hardware is pretty solid and their drivers continue to get better with age. Focusing in on all the negative forum posts and what not makes it easier to forget that there are plenty of people out there that haven't had any issues or have had very minor ones that have been fixed.

Swap ?, a $400 for a $600+ card ?. I came across a RDR2 player who's still having these blackscreen issue's, so i guess the problem is still here. TBH i am glad that i did not pick a 5700 up. I don't go buying new shit all the time so it has to be the right item 1st time.

If i did get one and was all so getting these black screen issue that seems like a lot are getting i be looking for a refund ASAP, would not take there word for it like i did with ROCCAT and there bad LEDS failing all the time to get told basically to F*ck Off after the warranty ended, which is why it had me buying my own LEDS to solve the problem they could not, I am done with ROCCAT for a long time going though their BS. Same reason ii will not buy Razor either.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
i have no faith left in AMD to produce reliable drivers. they failed to provide that for their flagship card even 17 months after release. if you want a stable platform take my advice and buy nvidia. I suffered for 17 months with radeon vii. trouble with AMD drivers is they fix a issue in one release and then its broken again in the next release. for example take the recent implementation of hardware accelerated gpu scheduling it was broken in the next release.

AMD fans can try to brush this issue under the carpet but the fact remains that many users are suffering from driver crashes and black screens resulting in having to hard reset and AMD have not been able to resolve this major flaw along with many other major issues.

Nvidia is a far more reliable platform.

My experience with nvidia compared to amd is night and day, the 2080 ti has been flawless and exceeded all my expectations.
The Radeon VII should never have existed in the first place. I don't know who made the harebrained decision to launch an expensive "flagship" (though not in terms of competitive performance) SKU from a workstation/HPC-focused chip that they at the time of launch knew full well would be replaced within 6 months by a far superior architecture. It was never widely available, had a weird configuration (16GB of HBM2? Why?), and was buggy and hot. IMO those chips would have been much better off being used in a lower tier accelerator card than as a consumer GPU. Instead they made a high profile, short-lived, expensive mess.

System Name Purple rain
Processor 10.5 thousand 4.2G 1.1v
Motherboard Zee 490 Aorus Elite
Cooling Noctua D15S
Memory 16GB 4133 CL16-16-16-31 Viper Steel
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
Storage SU900 128,8200Pro 1TB,850 Pro 512+256+256,860 Evo 500,XPG950 480, Skyhawk 2TB
Display(s) Acer XB241YU+Dell S2716DG
Case P600S Silent w. Alpenfohn wing boost 3 ARGBT+ fans
Audio Device(s) K612 Pro w. FiiO E10k DAC,W830BT wireless
Power Supply Superflower Leadex Gold 850W
Mouse G903 lightspeed+powerplay,G403 wireless + Steelseries DeX + Roccat rest
Keyboard HyperX Alloy SilverSpeed (w.HyperX wrist rest),Razer Deathstalker
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
The Radeon VII should never have existed in the first place. I don't know who made the harebrained decision to launch an expensive "flagship" (though not in terms of competitive performance) SKU from a workstation/HPC-focused chip that they at the time of launch knew full well would be replaced within 6 months by a far superior architecture. It was never widely available, had a weird configuration (16GB of HBM2? Why?), and was buggy and hot. IMO those chips would have been much better off being used in a lower tier accelerator card than as a consumer GPU. Instead they made a high profile, short-lived, expensive mess.
well,it's been the only card so far that challenged the 1080Ti.

tbh I'd much rather get a 7 than 5700xt
of course I'd put 1080Ti over both
and a 2070S over 1080Ti

bug

Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
It's been part of AMD's marketing for a while now: always have something out there to keep you in the press' spotlight. With all the goodwill AMD has built up, even lackluster products get exposure and are even praised.
I don't hold that against them, I remember back in AthlonXP/64 days, neglecting marketing was arguably their biggest mistake, I'm glad they fixed that (even though I still hate marketing).

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
well,it's been the only card so far that challenged the 1080Ti.

tbh I'd much rather get a 7 than 5700xt
of course I'd put 1080Ti over both
and a 2070S over 1080Ti
The 5700 XT is at worst a handful of percentage points behind the VII, at >75W less power and with much better coolers available. The VII has some value as a workstation card, but it was always a dud for gaming.
It's been part of AMD's marketing for a while now: always have something out there to keep you in the press' spotlight. With all the goodwill AMD has built up, even lackluster products get exposure and are even praised.
I don't hold that against them, I remember back in AthlonXP/64 days, neglecting marketing was arguably their biggest mistake, I'm glad they fixed that (even though I still hate marketing).
But even by that metric it was a very odd launch. Why not just hold off for another few months and market the identically performing 5700XT in the same way? The VII already launched a long, long time after anything that could be called a predecessor (Vega 64?), so waiting a bit and selling the same performance at a significantly lower price without that weird blip of a GPU in between would have avoided a lot of bad PR and driver headaches.

bug

Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
But even by that metric it was a very odd launch. Why not just hold off for another few months and market the identically performing 5700XT in the same way? The VII already launched a long, long time after anything that could be called a predecessor (Vega 64?), so waiting a bit and selling the same performance at a significantly lower price without that weird blip of a GPU in between would have avoided a lot of bad PR and driver headaches.
Few things gather attention more than odd ;)
Plus, it broke people's perception that AMD hasn't had a worthy contender at the high-end in like 5 years now.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Swap ?, a $400 for a $600+ card ?. I came across a RDR2 player who's still having these blackscreen issue's, so i guess the problem is still here. TBH i am glad that i did not pick a 5700 up. I don't go buying new shit all the time so it has to be the right item 1st time.
Sorry, guess I should've said "upgrade". Thought it was implied that I know the cards perform and cost differently. I agree with Valantar, the VII was made obsolete for gamers upon launch of the 5700 XT.

I never said the issues weren't still around. I mentioned that mine have been fixed and that overall they're more widespread than an average occurrence of driver issues.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
For me, like everything else, it's a wait and see. I look forward to RDNA2 as apparently it's pushing DirectML which is a semi competitor to DLSS which I see is very impressive techmology Nvidia has there. But, because little is known about it and how well it will all work (ray tracing and directML), it's really hard to say. I can only expect it will be less prone to problems as the current RX series some are having (I myself have yet to experience this issue with multiple machines built for customers but I don't deny the issue since AMD admits it). But with MS and Sony invested a lot into RDNA2 I expect some real good out of it. If though first couple of months and major issues I'll have to buy ampere instead. But depending on prices as well...

Always been on NVIDIA cards, but if AMD manages to make proper drivers and make RDNA 2.0 a success, especially in the price/performance department, I'll board the Radeon hype train. I'm getting a R9 3900x soon, so there's that.

I want them to strike NVIDIA like they striked Intel. More competition means more mercy to all our wallets. It's a shame NVIDIA is actually competent.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 11
Always been on NVIDIA cards, but if AMD manages to make proper drivers and make RDNA 2.0 a success, especially in the price/performance department, I'll board the Radeon hype train. I'm getting a R9 3900x soon, so there's that.

I want them to strike NVIDIA like they striked Intel. It's a shame NVIDIA is actually competent.

I'm more mainstream in that I'll never buy highest end. To me, the value isn't there. A RTX 2070 is about $700 CAD. It's unobtainable for most people here. If AMD can make a card that competes against RTX 3070 when that comes out with of course DML and other functions while being competitive in price (those cards shouldn't cost more than $400 imo as they are mid-range and now low end side of it are in that price bracket), then I'll buy it on condition that drivers won't be problematic.

I'm more mainstream in that I'll never buy highest end. To me, the value isn't there. A RTX 2070 is about $700 CAD. It's unobtainable for most people here. If AMD can make a card that competes against RTX 3070 when that comes out with of course DML and other functions while being competitive in price (those cards shouldn't cost more than $400 imo as they are mid-range and now low end side of it are in that price bracket), then I'll buy it on condition that drivers won't be problematic.
I managed to get my 2070 at $300 and overclocked it so much it beat a friend's also overclocked 2070 Super. Reason why I went with the 3900x is because I don't want to think about CPU upgrades for a good while. Such an investment for me into hardware is uncommon.

But as I said, if AMD makes something great, count me in.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 11
I managed to get my 2070 at $300 and overclocked it so much it beat a friend's also overclocked 2070 Super. Reason why I went with the 3900x is because I don't want to think about CPU updates for a good while. Such an investment for me into hardware is uncommon.

But as I said, if AMD makes something great, count me in.
You got lucky on that RTX 2070. If they were reasonable priced I would have upgraded my 1070. But the 1070 still holds strong for me so I can't complain yet.