• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Do you think cryptocurrencies are the future?

Outer Heaven, built by me (Jakarta, Indonesia)
System Name ZEROSHIFT VIII : Olympian
Processor INTEL i7 3960x Extreme Edition
Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe
Cooling Corsair H80 AIO
Memory 32 GByte CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1600 (4x8GB)
Video Card(s) RX 580's (Crosfired)
Storage WDC Green 240GB
Display(s) An Old Dell 19inch
Case Bitfenix Ronin
Audio Device(s) Onboard Sound Card with a great Home theater speaker
Power Supply CORSAIR TX850
Mouse Logitech G400s
Keyboard Logitech G100
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 4500 Single / 7900 crossfire 3Dmark
the rules are :
1. Invest what you can lose
and that is it...

Remember when we had to go to the mall or shopping center to get stuff? now we buy direct by apps / online. Remember yellow cabs (or whatever color taxi's are in your part of the world), now we get UBER. These "Distruptive" technologies are full of suprises cause there is the old and the new, but we find ballance in the end. Jodie foster was asked what she was going to ask the aliens she said ""How did you do it" (Contact 1997).

What she meant is how did the aliens survive the adolescence of technology, how we are now in a tech puberty, we got weapons to destroy ourselves and tech to enrich ourselves. Crypto is the equivalent of the EURO currency in europe, but on a global scale, a Singular currency which is safe from tampering (remember they hacked the market place, never the currency).

Visa might be a good concept, but here is a goood alternative, and we just have to wait for this alternative become regulated (it will, not just a dream). ANYTHING is worth something if there are people wishing to acquire them, money is just a good media to exchange (remember we use to BARTER before we use money). You want Crypto to be valuable? make it so that people want to buy it (Applicable for anything actually). Have fun!

quirky

I have some savings that I prepared for investments in cryptocurrencies or I was thinking of doing the interest rate scheme and deposit my money which seems more secure to me. So, I did a lot of research, watched a few videos, went through articles and stuff, and I think I got a pretty good idea of all the things that should be taken into account before investing in Bitcoin. Currently, I can invest 2k and I was thinking investing half of them just in case something goes wrong... I don't want to blow them all at once. Do you think that it's a good idea or I should save a bit more and then do the investment? :confused:

Then you should not invest in anything, let alone crypto.
I mean, I have savings but I just want to be extra careful before doing something. I worked very hard to save them, and this will be my first try, so I think it is okay to have some doubts! I don't think that just because I want to be careful about my investment and do as much research as possible I shouldn't invest at all.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
Just keep in mind no matter how you try to justify it, this is a high risk investment category. There can be no guarantees.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
i havnt a clue what part crypto will play in the future.. i just know the price of bitcoin is now at $9555 and steadily moving higher.. i dont think i have seen such steady upwards climb over a full 24 hour period.. there is bound to be bit of a profit taking sell off at some point.. i am gonna guess $10,000.. then it will dip a little.. maybe back down to $9500.. and then back up again..

i am trying to predict the unpredictable but i aint doing a bad job so far.. he he

trog
Suspicious trades caused it to rise from $6500 to $8800 (35%). When they bail, it will likely fall by 35% to $6210.75 (based on $9550 price).

System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
Suspicious trades caused it to rise from $6500 to $8800 (35%). When they bail, it will likely fall by 35% to $6210.75 (based on $9550 price).

its all unpredictable.. but its the trend that matters.. traders play trading games.. sell at what they predict (program in) as a high and buy on the dips.. when they think the current trend is up they buy on the dip.. when they think its down they hold back.. but big money can manipulate the scene.. i still think that big money wants it to go higher.. which suits me cos so do i.. :)

trog

System Name Gamer
Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard AsRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/AX
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming D
Case Phanteks Eclipse P200A D-RGB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
The controlling body is the people that wrote the software. Right now, that's Wladimir J. van der Laan for Bitcoin. Also nothing to stop forks like Bitcoin Cash. Remember Kazaa (example of a peer-to-peer network)? Bitcoin is fundamentally the same. Who uses Kazaa anymore?

That's a base misunderstanding of how these networks work. Being a distributed network, the software writer no longer controls the network at all, once it is released. Sure, they can fork, but the ultimate determination of what is used is determined by those that mine, and those that buy and sell. If Bitcoin forks, and nobody adopts the forked code, then that fork dies.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
I have some savings that I prepared for investments in cryptocurrencies or I was thinking of doing the interest rate scheme and deposit my money which seems more secure to me. So, I did a lot of research, watched a few videos, went through articles and stuff, and I think I got a pretty good idea of all the things that should be taken into account before investing in Bitcoin. Currently, I can invest 2k and I was thinking investing half of them just in case something goes wrong... I don't want to blow them all at once. Do you think that it's a good idea or I should save a bit more and then do the investment? :confused:

I mean, I have savings but I just want to be extra careful before doing something. I worked very hard to save them, and this will be my first try, so I think it is okay to have some doubts! I don't think that just because I want to be careful about my investment and do as much research as possible I shouldn't invest at all.

Honestly, I understand you having doubts. But with crypto, the best way to put it, you need to have faith. Crypto can have very large swings. If you act on your doubts then you are likely to lose a large portion of what you invest. You need to be able to ignore your doubts. Seeing as how it took you a long time to save this money, I don't see you being able to ignore your doubts.

I still suggest to not invest in crypto.

System Name Box
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI Meg Ace Max 570S
Cooling Corsair h150i Elite Capellix 360 white
Memory 16 GB Teamforce DDR 4 4500 (2x8) CL18
Video Card(s) Aorus 1080ti
Storage NVMe: Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, WD_BLACK SN770 2TB, Crucial P5 Plus 2TB, spinners: 3TB, 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 1080p
Case Lian Li 011 Dynamic white - fans: 2x140mm, 7x120mm
Audio Device(s) stock
Power Supply EVGA G2 850
Mouse Razor DeathAdder 3.5G
Keyboard Corsair K68 RGB
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win10 pro
Benchmark Scores later

as long as you can watch it possibly go to zero and be ok with that, have at it.

i suggest dollar cost averaging in, ie buy $200 one day, $200 a few days later, and so on. this will average out your cost as btc is very volitile (to say the least) and trying to time it for the lowest entry price is a mugs game.

maybe only spend half your savings on it, keep the rest as a reserve until you see where its going.

heres a suggestion.. DONT watch the price every day, check it once a week, maybe every 2 weeks. better yet, once a month or so. it will save a lot of grief as the price wanders around. its up.. its down.. its waaaay down.. no its back up, now way up. its a fun ride actually.

be prepared for your investment to possibly lose value, possibly right at the start, but dont worry about it (you did kiss it goodbye right?). btc is a long term thing. it usually comes back but it can be a long drawn out decline before coming back up

one thing you havent mentioned.. what wallet are you going to use? the bitcoin core wallet is the standard and allows passphrase protection, and you control the private keys, not some third party.. i highly suggest not leaving it on an exchange, many exchanges have been hacked and gone under, taking your coins with them.

if you use the core wallet, make sure to back up the wallet.dat file, that is the file with the private keys.

if you need help give a holler. but be aware that the wallet.dat file should never be sent to anyone, and ideally you want several backups, at least one off site.

i use a trezor hardware wallet its about $150 or so its the safest way to keep you btc. up to you if you think its worth the price to keep a grand or two safer.

BTW ive been in btc since 2011, best investment ever.. but of course that doesnt mean anything as far as future performance.

Last edited:

ppn

Yeah, all crypto does is serve as a placeholder for your money and create a perceived value of the common wealth represented in graphs. The more people invest the more it goes up, but there is this thing called profit taking, and once people take out of the system if falls back to lower value, but not as much, so it can never really grow unless 100 times more people invest than those who withdrawal. but then again their money is no longer there, 99% of it has been taken as profit. All you can see is some pretty graphs go up and down, but your hair only goes white, never the reverse.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
i havnt a clue what part crypto will play in the future.. i just know the price of bitcoin is now at $9555 and steadily moving higher.. i dont think i have seen such steady upwards climb over a full 24 hour period.. there is bound to be bit of a profit taking sell off at some point.. i am gonna guess $10,000.. then it will dip a little.. maybe back down to $9500.. and then back up again..

i am trying to predict the unpredictable but i aint doing a bad job so far.. he he

trog

Lol you don't predict anything you just look at a chart and pray for the best outcome. Not a day goes by without you adjusting what you're 'predicting' in one way or the other. You're applying short term investment logic to a long term investment. Its painful to read. But I get it, since you splashed 11k into a bottomless pit basically you don't have any other options right now.

To me you are a perfect example of why this is one of the worst investments right now that one can possibly make. Its probably bad for your health, too.

System Name money pit..
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Lol you don't predict anything you just look at a chart and pray for the best outcome. Not a day goes by without you adjusting what you're 'predicting' in one way or the other. You're applying short term investment logic to a long term investment. Its painful to read. But I get it, since you splashed 11k into a bottomless pit basically you don't have any other options right now.

To me you are a perfect example of why this is one of the worst investments right now that one can possibly make. Its probably bad for your health, too.

he he.. the negatives are out in force today.. all talking the usual nonsense..

ether way i was wrong.. the high didnt go as high as i expected and low went lower... :)

in crypto terms i am now about a £1000 quid poorer than i was yesterday.. i am in this long term by the way.. and i "predict" long tern the only way is up.. he he..

my 10 x 1070 mining cards are now showing about $15 dollars per day.. not a lot.. but better than the $9 dollars they were showing a couple of weeks back..

trog

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
he he.. the negatives are out in force today.. all talking the usual nonsense..

ether way i was wrong.. the high didnt go as high as i expected and low went lower... :)

Its quite fun to read too... First, you say 'the usual nonsense' and only one sentence later you're adjusting your earlier predictions, confirming exactly what I've said

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
So one of those manipulative spikes cashed out? ;)

Cryptocurrency is a toy for billionaires.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
Its quite fun to read too... First, you say 'the usual nonsense' and only one sentence later you're adjusting your earlier predictions, confirming exactly what I've said

If any investment vehicle were easy to predict, everyone would be rich. That doesn’t happen, because it can’t.

System Name money pit..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..

maybe.. but the significant fact and recon by now even you will know its a fact and not simply alleged is that the down trend we have been seeing over the last couple or so months has turned..

we are up from $6500 to $8888 as i write.. a positive up trend is now the norm.. i did say $10,000 within a month and i am gonna stick with that..

trog

ps.. a possible or more likely probable explanation for yesterdays sudden fall back in the bitcoin price.. and my "prediction" error.. he he

https://altcointoday.com/more-than-140-million-in-bitcoin-moved-from-mt-gox-wallets/

Last edited:
System Name Home PC
Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro
Cooling Thermaltake Contac Silent 12
Memory 2x8gb F4-3200C16-8GVKB - 2x16gb F4-3200C16-16GVK
Video Card(s) XFX RX480 GTR
Storage Samsung SSD Evo 120GB -WD SN580 1TB - Toshiba 2TB HDWT720 - 1TB GIGABYTE GP-GSTFS31100TNTD
Display(s) Cooler Master GA271 and AoC 931wx (19in, 1680x1050)
Case Green Magnum Evo
Power Supply Green 650UK Plus
Mouse Green GM602-RGB ( copy of Aula F810 )
Keyboard Old 12 years FOCUS FK-8100
I Invested in crypto and have now $8200.trading in crypto needs to be clever , well informed , Checking every news, even best trader can't predict upward price.trading in crypto is extremely dangerous for beginner.

System Name Gamer
Memory 32GB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro

You're just pessimistic. It isn't a toy for billionaires, It's a toy for clever people. I cashed out what I had the other day at $9500. Made a cool 600 bucks for nothing but watching and waiting. Could have waited to see if it went up further, but I knew if it got anywhere near 10k there'd be a huge sell-off, so I sacrificed a little profit potential in order to take what I had and run. Beat them to the punch. Luckily, I called it right this time. Hasn't always happened that way, but I've never lost more than I've won. And at this point, I've cashed out well over 10x what I originally invested, so there is no risk whatsoever. I reinvest some profits into mining hardware to hedge against crypto falling, and so I'm still making money for literally sitting here.

Call it a toy for billionaires all you want, but money is money, whether it's 10 bucks or a billion. I can agree with you about disparaging people who rolled their 401k's into crypto, and who knows about the long term... but to write crypto off completely as you have is just as dumb.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
How did Bill Gates and Warren Buffett make their billions? Playing markets. Your account may be missing a lot of zeros compared to them but you're still playing in their playground.

System Name Gamer
Memory 32GB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
How did Bill Gates and Warren Buffett make their billions? Playing markets. Your account may be missing a lot of zeros compared to them but you're still playing in their playground.

So your solution is to never go to the playground rather than go to play with their super nice toys, even if if you get to play with them less?

I mean, that's fine with me, I couldn't care less what you do. I just find it funny that you sure spend a lot of time peeking over the fence and grumbling about the playground when the gate's open.

I just bought a house, and crypto profits paid for a lot of the expenses involved. (not the house itself, I'm not THAT kind of investor, unfortunately... but inspection fees, closing costs, etc.) So you continue peeking your nose into our playground while refusing to come in. I'll continue to laugh at you from the merry-go-round.

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
So your solution is to never go to the playground rather than go to play with their super nice toys, even if if you get to play with them less?

You can go, sure, but it will likely amount to nothing most of the time.

It's a toy for clever people.

I'm curios , what is it that makes this a toy for clever people ?

Last edited:
System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
You can go, sure, but it will likely amount to nothing most of the time.

I'm curios , what is it that makes this a toy for clever people ?
If it amounts to nothing for you then your not doing it right , simples.

And the same applies to your second point though i think its for anyone personally not just the clever,,but if your not clever with your money you Will loose it, but that applies to life as a whole.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X

I mean, that's fine with me, I couldn't care less what you do. I just find it funny that you sure spend a lot of time peeking over the fence and grumbling about the playground when the gate's open.

I just bought a house, and crypto profits paid for a lot of the expenses involved. (not the house itself, I'm not THAT kind of investor, unfortunately... but inspection fees, closing costs, etc.) So you continue peeking your nose into our playground while refusing to come in. I'll continue to laugh at you from the merry-go-round.
I don't have a problem when the playground has overseers that make sure everyone plays fair. Cryptocurrencies are an unregulated market: enforcement is reactionary rather than proactive. Additionally, markets like NYSE are the size of theme parks rather than playgrounds: you can spend days at a theme park and never encounter someone specific that you know is there; playground, not so much.

To put it into context: Jeff Bezos, by himself (net worth over $100 billion), could buyout two-thirds of BTC ($160 billion market cap). For all the noise it makes, it really is a small thing and there's numerous factors at play that will prevent it from ever becoming big.

Back to the OP: "Do you think cryptocurrencies are the future?" No, I do not. Peer to peer is terribly inefficient.

Last edited:
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
I don't have a problem when the playground has overseers that make sure everyone plays fair. Cryptocurrencies are an unregulated market: enforcement is reactionary rather than proactive. Additionally, markets like NYSE are the size of theme parks rather than playgrounds: you can spend days at a theme park and never encounter someone specific that you know is there; playground, not so much.

To put it into context: Jeff Bezos, by himself (net worth over $100 billion), could buyout two-thirds of BTC ($160 billion market cap).
he could also buy most of africa and possibly all of russia, ie the guys rich and could buy a lot so as context goes i think that point moot personally since there are a few that could buy at that level just like nvidia or intel Could just buy Amd ,,but dont.
I get and agree with your grrr towards the unregulated side of the crypto coin but thats part of being a fledgling market and will be corrected in time, wherein they become more legit and worth more.
so they'll live on, as is ,who knows but i doubt it but crypto is'nt going anywhere soon , you yourself, should by now be realising, that a few peoples scorn just is'nt enough to kill it.

Also fundamentally Crypto was born because All those regulators and regulations were put on fiats toes by the rich to make the rich richer.

what with shorting stock and what not they game real life shit that actually matters, note a company recently trying to shut AMD down to make a quick quid , so to me your ideology of regulation is miss-placed , its created legitimate scum.

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
And the same applies to your second point though i think its for anyone personally not just the clever,,but if your not clever with your money you Will loose it, but that applies to life as a whole.

I just found that claim rather strange , as if there are things out there that can't be manipulated to the point of making the whole thing crashes into flames , which is what FordGT90Concept is trying to say.

Last edited:
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
I just find that claim rather strange , as if there are things out there that can't be manipulated to the point of making the whole thing crash into flames , which is what FordGT90Concept is trying to say.
soo i did'nt say there was'nt or imply there was'nt or mention such things, most everything can and is manipulated , regardless of regulation though.
I agree crypto is being manipulated but so is fiat , the markets most economies and most elections now too and if your a tin hat kinda guy even the people.
So what, thats not killing off crypto either , though regulation might, I just cant see it personally.
and it was an opinion and a reasonably logically right one at that , if your not good with money and it flies easily from your hand , you are unlikely to gain from crypto investments.