1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

does someone know how to repair a msi gtx280 bios ?

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by jcgeny, Jan 8, 2014.

1. jcgeny

jcgeny

Thanks Received:
    last year during november and december i bought a mainboard with 7 slot x16@8x ..and few gtx570 but no sli ... but luckily [8 i found hypersli here, that is a super cool tool .
    so i continued to buy for my physx-4-batmans PC .
    i used the bios library from here to update bios of my 3 gtx570 and a gtx280 . the 280 was not wanting the bfg rom bios from here .
    i read that a previous nvflash was able to flash without error , i used it and all was done without warning or error .

now the mainboard is running well except the gtx280 .
    i tried to reflash a bkup of bios [that is perfect]
    but i get a warning message about a save of bios and the error :
    ERROR: mismatch in 256 byte page-mode programming

i wonder how to solve that , the bios is partially installed . gpu-z , nibitor or nvflash can still check the board .
    i used parameters -4 -5 with nvflash
    thank in advance

2. xorbe

xorbe

Thanks Received:
    I've read to use "-4 -5 -6" but I've never used them myself

3. jcgeny

jcgeny

Thanks Received:
    i wonder if it is "normal" , i did a check of eprom of my 3 gtx 570 : a pny a msi and a evga , they all have the same model exactly as the gtx280 . i will unmount the card and try with an ati as main .

4. TheGoat Eater

TheGoat Eater

Thanks Received:
    I would read a tutorial and get all the switches down and try some out... I say that because I was thinking that -f was forced flash and may help... I know I have used strings I found in write ups that have worked well for my cards

5. jcgeny

jcgeny

Thanks Received:
    i read a lot and people are using many hidden parameters . i made a topic after registration at geforce.com that had no reply , then i did a chat on geforce.com , i asked and got only one [BAD] solution from there : to sent back the card to my ebay-dealer saying card was dead , give me my bucks back....
    one other used gtx280 is coming next week , until that i ll try to repair the broken one .
    may be some of staff members of techpowerup should check bioses in the public database . i downloaded some that are looking weird and this one "killed" my card : http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/117197/bfg-gtx280-1024-080812.html
    may be some warnings should be added to it and some others .
    i ll see how that turns with others mainboards

edit : the card still does the error... so there is no more i can do except waiting a tool ...
    i hope the coming card will have no problemo

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014