• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dough Tech Launches Elite Spectrum 4K 144Hz Gaming Monitor

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Today, Dough - the world's first community-powered gaming hardware creator - showcased its bar-setting Dough Spectrum 4K 144 Hz gaming monitor. This groundbreaking display is available in matte and glossy finishes worldwide.

The Dough Spectrum 4K 144 Hz is the very definition of trailblazing, with individually-calibrated color gamuts and exemplary refresh rates. The Dough Spectrum 4K is ready for anything you run on it, thanks to compatibility with systems like AMD FreeSync Pro and NVIDIA G-SYNC. It features integer upscaling that's perfect for retro games, a frame rate counter overlay, and crosshair overlay options, to ensure every game you're playing looks and performs at its best.

The Dough Spectrum 4K 144 Hz glossy gaming monitor is a first for the industry. It features a revolutionary glossy finish designed to complement gameplay and its wide color spectrum. Following interest from the monitor enthusiast community, Dough invested additional research and development time to realize this vibrant vision—one which enhances the output of the Dough Spectrum 4K 144 Hz's HDR display. The result is clearer, brighter gameplay and exceptionally rich colors.

Dough is committed to championing crowd-development and subscribes to the idea that better products are created with input from enthusiasts. While developing these gaming monitors, the company considered its community's opinions both when working on its technical details and design. Dough works hand-in-hand with a community of gaming enthusiasts who passionately contribute their ideas in order to create the best product for them, and over 2,000 community members responded to the call for feedback on Project Spectrum.

"With Dough, we always commit to delivering the best user experience. Our goal is to create a product that revolutionizes the way gamers enjoy their games," said Rob, Product Manager at Dough. "The Spectrum 4K 144 Hz exemplifies our unwavering commitment to excellence, and we're excited to share this advancement with millions of gamers worldwide. We are determined to not only meet but exceed every expectation on products, especially amongst our community."

The Dough Spectrum 4K 144 Hz supports the 100x100 mm VESA Mounting Interface Standard, as well as the optional Spectrum Stand. This $99 peripheral supports a wide range of customizations, with options to tilt the monitor between +23° and -7°, raise or lower it 122 mm, or even change your perspective with a 90° rotation from horizontal to vertical.

Dough Spectrum 4K 144 Hz Specs and Features:
  • 4K 3840 x 2160 resolution
  • 144 Hz Refresh Rate
  • 10,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
  • HDR up to 750 Nits Brightness
  • AMD FreeSync Premium Pro
  • NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible
  • VESA Certified AdaptiveSync
  • 98% DCI-P3 factory-calibrated accurate colors
  • 27" IPS Bezel-less Display
  • Video input through 2 HDMI 2.1 ports, 1 DisplayPort 1.4 port, 2 USB Type-C port, and a built-in USB hub
The Dough Spectrum 4K 144 Hz retails starting at $949 USD and is available now for purchase from Dough.tech. The Spectrum QHD 280 Hz is additionally available for purchase. See how customers use their Spectrum monitors at the Dough Gaming Corners page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Personal Gaming Rig
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E Carbon
Cooling MO-RA 3 420
Memory 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 ICHILL FROSTBITE ULTRA
Storage 4x 2TB Nvme
Display(s) Samsung G8 OLED
Case Silverstone FT04
Dough EVE

If you look closer into the spec, you discover that this is quasi-10-bit panel (8-bit + FRC), it has typical contrast only 1000:1 (not mentioned by the article), VESA DisplayHDR 600, 450cd/m² typical brightness and 750cd/m² peak (for a second or two). And this is another new monitor without DP 2.0.

We need to see new 4K/144Hz real HDR (VESA 1000), real 10-bit monitors with DisplayPort 2.0. When will monitor makers finally deliver this under $1000? It's time... as TVs with similar price are more advanced in image quality, and connectivity.

Last edited:
System Name Firestarter
Processor 7950X
Motherboard X670E Steel Legend
Cooling LF 2 420
Memory 4x16 G.Skill X5 6000@CL36
Video Card(s) RTX Gigabutt 4090 Gaming OC
Storage OS: 2TB P41 Plat, 2TB SN770, 1TB SN770
Display(s) FO48U, some dinky TN 10.1 inch display.
Case Fractal Torrent
Audio Device(s) PC38X
Power Supply GF3 TT Premium 850W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard OG Razer Black Widow
What a scam.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
$949? might as well save up a couple hundred more and get Alienware OLED at that point lol. useless

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
this is that scam company right?

System Name Firestarter
Processor 7950X
Motherboard X670E Steel Legend
Cooling LF 2 420
Memory 4x16 G.Skill X5 6000@CL36
Video Card(s) RTX Gigabutt 4090 Gaming OC
Storage OS: 2TB P41 Plat, 2TB SN770, 1TB SN770
Display(s) FO48U, some dinky TN 10.1 inch display.
Case Fractal Torrent
Audio Device(s) PC38X
Power Supply GF3 TT Premium 850W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard OG Razer Black Widow
Hey, at least they didn't claim it's borderless for once! :laugh:

edit: my mistake, they called it bezel-less. I'm sorry for giving them any credit.
Nah, straight up this should be removed. They are a scam company with a horrible rep.

For only slightly more the Inzone M9 has FALD and comes with a stand lol (i'm all for saving resources if users don't need a stand, but the price savings need to also be passed on)

And this is another new monitor without DP 2.0.

The monitor is about a year old (the original one with mate finish at least, but the glossy is still at least a couple months old). No excuse but monitor market is always slow af. I honestly don't understand the press release, seems like they're only announcing the monitor under the new Dough moniker since it has otherwise already been announced and in the market for a while under the Eve brand.

this is that scam company right?

Yes, they rebranded EVE into Dough. I don't know if their monitor had the same problems as the other tablet, but they still have a tough hill to climb to get rid of the bad rep, and it won't be with these prices.

Yes, they rebranded EVE into Dough. I don't know if their monitor had the same problems as the other tablet, but they still have a tough hill to climb to get rid of the bad rep, and it won't be with these prices.
They were crowdfunding for years to produce the first monitor with HDMI 2.1 full speed port. Many people paid more than one year in advance. It was an embarrassing endeavour and lots of frustrated consumers.

System Name Jedi Survivor Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus TUF B650M Plus Wifi
Cooling ThermalRight CPU Cooler
Memory G.Skill 32GB DDR5-5600 CL28
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 10GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 990 Pro SSD
Display(s) MSI 32" 4K OLED 240hz Monitor
Case Asus Prime AP201
Power Supply FSP 1000W Platinum PSU
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Asus Mechanical Keyboard
Apparently it is popular to dump on this company, but they are releasing products that nobody else is doing.

These 4k monitors are using LG's best oxide panels. Ultra slim bottom panels. Glossy options.

Even the 280hz panel has the slim bezel and has a glossy option. Literally a premium monitor you can't buy anywhere else. Sure there are downsides but we shouldn't dump on the best product available. 100 PD power delivery included.

Can you find me a 280hz panel with a slim bottom bezel, glossy option, with 100W PD? 2 x HDMI 2.1 ports?

Where is the LG model already? 280Hz Nano IPS Oxide TFT LCD is what I want from my LG monitor, they make the panel but don't make a monitor using it.

The people hating on the company don't seem to realize that there is nothing as premium like it in the market.

------------
Most expensive monitor we sell in the store, the Asus ROG Strix XG27AQM.

Dough versus Asus.

280hz versus 270hz
450 nits versus 350 nits typical
HDR600 versus HDR400
Oxide panel versus not oxide. Slim bottom bezel versus large bottom bezel
Full USB hub with USB C versus no hub
100W usb power delivery for laptops versus no PD
HDMI 2.1 versus HDMI 2.0
Glossy anti-reflective coating versus no glossy option

Last edited:

eveTrawler

Apparently it is popular to dump on this company, but they are releasing products that nobody else is doing.

These 4k monitors are using LG's best oxide panels. Ultra slim bottom panels. Glossy options.

Even the 280hz panel has the slim bezel and has a glossy option. Literally a premium monitor you can't buy anywhere else. Sure there are downsides but we shouldn't dump on the best product available. 100 PD power delivery included.

Can you find me a 280hz panel with a slim bottom bezel, glossy option, with 100W PD? 2 x HDMI 2.1 ports?

Where is the LG model already? 280Hz Nano IPS Oxide TFT LCD is what I want from my LG monitor, they make the panel but don't make a monitor using it.

The people hating on the company don't seem to realize that there is nothing as premium like it in the market.

------------
Most expensive monitor we sell in the store, the Asus ROG Strix XG27AQM.

Dough versus Asus.

280hz versus 270hz
450 nits versus 350 nits typical
HDR600 versus HDR400
Oxide panel versus not oxide. Slim bottom bezel versus large bottom bezel
Full USB hub with USB C versus no hub
100W usb power delivery for laptops versus no PD
HDMI 2.1 versus HDMI 2.0
Glossy anti-reflective coating versus no glossy option
It's probably popular to dump on the company because they have spent the last number of years making their customers lives miserable.

Between the problems with their tablet computers and getting the monitors shipped to paying customers, is it hard to blame them? Dump away, changing the company name isn't going to escape that horrible reputation.

Zero trust in the company at this point.

System Name Jedi Survivor Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus TUF B650M Plus Wifi
Cooling ThermalRight CPU Cooler
Memory G.Skill 32GB DDR5-5600 CL28
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 10GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 990 Pro SSD
Display(s) MSI 32" 4K OLED 240hz Monitor
Case Asus Prime AP201
Power Supply FSP 1000W Platinum PSU
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Asus Mechanical Keyboard
It's probably popular to dump on the company because they have spent the last number of years making their customers lives miserable.

Between the problems with their tablet computers and getting the monitors shipped to paying customers, is it hard to blame them? Dump away, changing the company name isn't going to escape that horrible reputation.

Zero trust in the company at this point.

They are not a big company, they are a kickstarter level thing. I'm just pointing out that there are also many satisfied buyers. Where else can I buy a PD100W monitor, glossy monitor, oxide panel QHD monitor? That's 3 massive high end features you can't even buy. The monitor companies are in a race to the bottom for pricing and they don't make anything good either. I don't need trust, I pay money, I wait a long time, I get my monitor.

I do sympathize, but there is a PRO and CON story here, not just CON. I think now that LG has lowered their pricing on their 4K monitor the business case for Dough is rough. But still, nothing else exists like their QHD 280Hz monitor. It is the best. You've got to give some credit for making the best monitor possible.

Even LG doesn't make a monitor with their own oxide 280hz panels. It is very EXPENSIVE to make a quality product instead of the normal stuff we get. It's premium stuff.

STOP MAKING 27” 4K monitors -_-

32”+ or throw it in the trash. I love trying to look at subatomic icons. I know monitor manf. are limited by the actual companies making the panels, but I really don’t understand their obsession with 27” monitors.

They are not a big company, they are a kickstarter level thing. I'm just pointing out that there are also many satisfied buyers. Where else can I buy a PD100W monitor, glossy monitor, oxide panel QHD monitor? That's 3 massive high end features you can't even buy. The monitor companies are in a race to the bottom for pricing and they don't make anything good either. I don't need trust, I pay money, I wait a long time, I get my monitor.

I do sympathize, but there is a PRO and CON story here, not just CON. I think now that LG has lowered their pricing on their 4K monitor the business case for Dough is rough. But still, nothing else exists like their QHD 280Hz monitor. It is the best. You've got to give some credit for making the best monitor possible.

Even LG doesn't make a monitor with their own oxide 280hz panels. It is very EXPENSIVE to make a quality product instead of the normal stuff we get. It's premium stuff.
And why would the company change its name so fast?

STOP MAKING 27” 4K monitors -_-

32”+ or throw it in the trash. I love trying to look at subatomic icons. I know monitor manf. are limited by the actual companies making the panels, but I really don’t understand their obsession with 27” monitors.
I'd love to see finally 34 or 38 inch wide 4K/5K OLED monitor. Does LG or Samsung cut master glass in this size? If not, do they intend to?

LG started cutting 42 inch for this year line-up. Still a bit too big for monitor. Perhaps next year they cut 38 inch?

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
more info for those that are interested

It's probably an LG panel

The other thing is most ppl who are happy with a product don't write reviews or make praise subreddits, they don't have an emotion to vent unlike ones who have been burned by a company or a product.

I can affirm most of what you're saying, I own an EVE 4k 144hz matte and can confirm that apart from having some iffy firmware that might need updating (which they actually do update and support), it's a really great monitor that will probably last me a long time. Wish it could have better contrast but that's an IPS limitation. The upscaler is particularly impressive and media always looks clean even when I play older small res stuff. My monitor shipped within 2 weeks and arrived safely (reserved 14th Sep 2021 finalized order 16th shipped 30th).

With all that said, I don't deny that some have been burned (which happens with a kickstarter-like company like this), and the rebrand honestly sucks and doesn't evoke a tech design and development company at all.

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Are there really "many" satisfied buyers out there? I mean where did you get this info?
And you keep talking about how amazing the specs are....but if nobody that wants it actually gets it after paying....well then I guess I can sell you a car that runs on nothing but air for 5k, I mean...you wont get it ever but man, those specs right? no other company offers that!

xacid

scam company.

Back when they were just Eve they kept showing up my my FB feed. Multiple people complaining they paid for a monitor and never got it. They also kept pushing back the release dates of monitors.

If that is how they handled customers at the start I can't imagine how they handle people who bought a monitor and need support.

Would avoid them

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory 32Gb G-Skill Trident Z Neo @3806MHz C14
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX2070
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 1TB
Display(s) Samsung G9 49" Curved Ultrawide
Case Cooler Master Cosmos
Audio Device(s) O2 USB Headphone AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Cherry MX
Software Windows 11
Is this a joke? What exactly is "bar-setting", "ground-breaking", "trailblazing" "a first for the industry" "revolutionary" "vibrant vision", and certainly nothing "elite" about this also-ran monitor?

The $949 price is crazy for such a small monitor.

27" is too small, 32" is the sweet spot for a 4K desktop monitor at this price.

144Hz, ok, not the worst, but certainly nothing special in this market.

HDR750, please!!! More like yet more fake HDR.

Only an 8bit panel.

DisplayPort 1.4

No KVM Switch

No mention of local dimming, so it's crappy edge lit rubbish.

No mention of real contrast ratio - So it's the same old crappy 1000:1

What exactly did these 2000 people actually do, looked at a $500 monitor, and said copy that please, and double the price?

I would never buy this monitor, ever.

Last edited:
What exactly did these 2000 people actually do, looked at a $500 monitor, and said copy that please, and double the price?

Not exactly, there's also some cool stuff in there (that should really be normal but no one else seems to do it). They had to convince LG to do and special order a glossy panel because the monitor market settled on a mate finish for years and they have extra scaling modes - of note integer scaling - that helps a lot if you're playing anything retro. There's also the industrial clean design if you're into that sort of thing lol.

It's otherwise nothing groundbreaking, 144hz is an honest refresh rate, most that advertise higher are relying on OC which the monitor might not reach, brightness/contrast/hdr same as everyone else, 8bit (+frc) is the same as everyone, edgelit, etc...

It is way too expensive but it's not like it brings nothing to the table, it doesn't bring enough imo but to each is own.