• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dream Machines DM1 Pro Mouse

davido_labido

EKWB Rep
System Name my daily driver
Processor 5960x
Motherboard EVGA X99 Classified
Cooling EKWB
Memory 32gb HyperX Predator
Video Card(s) 2 x 1080
Storage 2 x 960 gb HyperX Savage + 1 480 gb hyperx predator
Display(s) ASUS swift + LG 24GM77-B
Case In Win 909
Audio Device(s) Schiit modi + Vali (amp and dac
Power Supply EVGA 1300w
Mouse multiple
Keyboard planck
Software Win 10
You probably haven't heard of Dream Machines, a new company planning on taking the peripheral market by storm. One of their first mice, the DM1 Pro, is here, and it looks as though it will be going head to head with products from such brands as Zowie and SteelSeries.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
Lack of software means you are restricted in terms of tweaking the DPI

Out of interest did you try installing the Steelseries Engine and seeing if it recognised it as a SS mouse? I mean if this is basically the SS OEM cobbling together their own mouse from bits in the part bin it may work albeit buggy.

Last edited:
System Name Zen
Processor Ryzen 5950X
Motherboard MSI
Cooling Noctua
Memory G.Skill 32G
Video Card(s) RX 7900 XTX
Storage never enough
Display(s) not OLED :-(
Keyboard Wooting One
Software Linux
I wouldnt exactly call 40$ mouse cheap. Yeah sure, it's cheapER than SS, but still 3-4 times the price I usually pay for a decent mouse. True, I have bought 2 times more expensive mice also than this DM mouse, just to find out, they are even more gimmicky and untrustworthy and bloatwarey than good cheap mice. And a good cheap mouse example: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DMDLLAK/?tag=tec06d-20
I would take this over any SS (Sensei and Diablo III) or Razer or Roccat (Kone) or Logitech (5+ different) anyday, that just fall apart or shed their "rubbery" skin in about half a year.

Last edited:

davido_labido

EKWB Rep
Processor 5960x
Cooling EKWB
Video Card(s) 2 x 1080
Case In Win 909
Power Supply EVGA 1300w
Mouse multiple
Keyboard planck
Software Win 10
Lack of software means you are restricted in terms of tweaking the DPI[/quote]

Out of interest did you try installing the Steelseries Engine and seeing if it recognised it as a SS mouse? I mean if this is basically the SS OEM cobbling together their own mouse from bits in the part bin it may work albeit buggy.[/QUOTE]

I havn't but I can try it when I am next at my computer.I very much doubt it will work though. The only real customisation I have seen is that some people have been able flash the mouse to get it to 500hz but there is no way to revert this.

I wouldnt exactly call 40$ mouse cheap. Yeah sure, it's cheapER than SS, but still 3-4 times the price I usually pay for a decent mouse. True, I have bought 2 times more expensive mice also than this DM mouse, just to find out, they are even more gimmicky and untrustworthy and bloatwarey than good cheap mice. And a good cheap mouse example: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DMDLLAK/?tag=tec06d-20
I would take this over any SS (Sensei and Diablo III) or Razer or Roccat (Kone) or Logitech (5+ different) anyday, that just fall apart or shed their "rubbery" skin in about half a year.

For a relatively high end mouse with many features to cater to a serious gamer, I would say $40 is certainly cheap. Of course you can get cheaper but I would certainly be wary of them. I have used some great mice priced at around $25 but I also have mice that are $100 - $150. Comparatively speaking, the DM1 Pro is cheap for what you are getting.

Processor Intel 7700K 5.1Ghz (Intel advised me not to OC this CPU)
Motherboard Asus Maximus IX Code
Cooling Corsair Hydro H115i Platinum
Memory 48GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200 Dual Channel (2x16 & 2x8)
Video Card(s) nVIDIA Titan XP (Overclocks like a champ but stock performance is enough)
Storage Intel 760p 2280 2TB
Display(s) MSI Optix MPG27CQ Black 27" 1ms 144hz
Case Thermaltake View 71
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 1000 Platinum2
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro (not recommded, I am on my second mouse with same defect)
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 1803
Benchmark Scores Yes I am Intel fanboy that is my benchmark score.
For the asking price there are better options out there but I would support a newly established company trying to compete in already crowded market.

Processor Intel Core i5 3570k
Motherboard MSI Z77 MPower
Cooling Thermalright Archon
Memory Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x4GB 1600MHz (8-8-8-24)
Video Card(s) MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6GB Gaming X
Storage Plextor M5 Pro 512GB; WD Caviar Green 2TB
Display(s) 2x HP ZR24w
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Special Edition Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-650
Mouse Logitech G403 HERO
Keyboard SteelSeries 7G
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit EN

I find it somewhat hard to believe that you can get a mouse for $5 to $15 and get better performance than the high end mice that cost upwards of $60...

so I bought the mouse thinking it had 3200DPI as said in the review
Quote: violet for 3200 DPI,

and in the website it states that it is 3600DPI

now am feeling bad.

On website

on TPU:

Last edited:

davido_labido

EKWB Rep
Processor 5960x
Cooling EKWB
Video Card(s) 2 x 1080
Case In Win 909
Power Supply EVGA 1300w
Mouse multiple
Keyboard planck
Software Win 10
Quote: violet for 3200 DPI,

now am feeling bad.

On website

on TPU:

Ooou, it most certainly does, it has two different numbers on their product page!

https://www.dreammachines.io/products/dm1-pro-gaming-mouse

If you look half way down the page where it says 'your DPI, anytime' you will see it saying 3200.

davido_labido

EKWB Rep
Processor 5960x
Cooling EKWB
Video Card(s) 2 x 1080
Case In Win 909
Power Supply EVGA 1300w
Mouse multiple
Keyboard planck
Software Win 10
oh wow
sure is, hmm am gona contact them see what with the typo in thier website

I shall also message my contact to let them know and update the review with the correct value when I find out.

I find it somewhat hard to believe that you can get a mouse for $5 to $15 and get better performance than the high end mice that cost upwards of $60...

Basically, most of the companies that sell the high end $60 mice do not build them themselves, they design them then pay others to make them. That means it's possible for those companies to then make similar quality mice at a fraction of the cost as they have zero R&D costs and lower overheads.

It doesn't just apply to mice either, I.E you can buy rebranded Bitspower water cooling fittings from the company that makes them for 10-20% of the price.

now am feeling bad.

Sorry for the dumb question but isn't a 3600DPI sensor better than a 3200DPI one? :S

davido_labido

EKWB Rep
Processor 5960x
Cooling EKWB
Video Card(s) 2 x 1080
Case In Win 909
Power Supply EVGA 1300w
Mouse multiple
Keyboard planck
Software Win 10
It doesn't just apply to mice either, I.E you can buy rebranded Bitspower water cooling fittings from the company that makes them for 10-20% of the price.

Although what you are saying is somewhat correct, if you are referring to Barrow, they are copies rather than an OEM. Barrow fittings are made in China, Bitspower are made in Taiwan. Barrow copy other brands also (like Monsoon).

If you can get from OEMs, prices can be cheaper though as you say. Usually though, there is little to no warranty and they send slightly different products. When you buy branded, they usually have a contract with said brand outlining the differences between their products and the OEM. The OEM only makes these changes for that one company etc.

It is the same with most things tbh. Biscuits, mayonnaise, tinned food... The brands such as Hellmans and the cheap supermarket brand are usually made in the same place, just using different ingredients. (I use this as an example as I am an engineer for a supply chain and I have seen the lorries that collect this lol)

Hai beautiful helpful people on this forum..

So i bought the mouse, and i am using Logitech G440 Hard Gaming Mouse Pad... the first thing i noticed when i started playing games with this mouse at 3200dpi is that the sensor makes the mouse cursor jump around and move or drift by its own up wards or up and then right like drawing the letter L upside down by itself !! damn its great mouse but the cursor drifting by itself is something making me mad! please help! what do you think its because? is it the Logitech G440 Hard Gaming Mouse Pad?

also I noticed the middle mouse button is stiff. I am coming from XG-M2-NIP. Optical Gaming mouse. The Limited Ninja Edition. because it is heavy for me. thus one is lighter.

is there any firmware to fix drifting or has this thread discussed about it? thank you all

Although what you are saying is somewhat correct, if you are referring to Barrow, they are copies rather than an OEM.

Barrow's fittings are made by the same OEM company as Bitspower's, they are basically the same thing with a different logo (or at least this was the case two years ago).