• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

drivers help please

Processor i7 3820 4.0ghz
Motherboard asus x79 deluxe
Cooling silver arrow
Memory 16gb ripjaw
Video Card(s) gtx 1080 OC edition
Storage 1tb F3 +500gb sata ii 64gb ssd
Display(s) asus 1920 x1080 x3
Case HAF932
Power Supply Corsair 750w
Software Win 10
ok the new stuff comes in friday i need some help gathering drivers and such im going to be running my windows xp 32 bit home edition i need help finding a few drivers

the E8400 processor driver..i cant seem to find one other then 64 bit?

GA-EP35-DS3L mobo, i found some drivers and bios updates on the gigabyte webstie but if anyone could please tell me wich ones i need to get so im not getting the wrong ones

i found my GPU drivers, network drivers sound card etc etc, just need help with the last 2 and bios updates

thanks im going to finish formatting the hard drive and everything should be ready to go friday hopefully i get good luck and no DOA parts

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Processor Intel Kentsfield Q9650 @ 3.8GHz (4.2GHz highest achieved)
Motherboard ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi; X38 NSB, ICH9R SSB
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Memory Dual channel 8GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 @ 1800MHz @ 7-7-7-20 1T
Video Card(s) Quadfire: (2) Sapphire HD5970
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster T240 24" (16:10)
Case Cooler Master Stacker 830
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCI-E x1
Power Supply Kingwin Mach1 1200W modular
Software Windows XP Home SP3; Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Benchmark Scores 3m06: 20270 here: http://hwbot.org/user.do?userId=12313
ok the new stuff comes in friday i need some help gathering drivers and such im going to be running my windows xp 32 bit home edition i need help finding a few drivers

the E8400 processor driver..i cant seem to find one other then 64 bit?

GA-EP35-DS3L mobo, i found some drivers and bios updates on the gigabyte webstie but if anyone could please tell me wich ones i need to get so im not getting the wrong ones

i found my GPU drivers, network drivers sound card etc etc, just need help with the last 2 and bios updates

thanks im going to finish formatting the hard drive and everything should be ready to go friday hopefully i get good luck and no DOA parts

TBH, I wouldn't worry about any BIOS updates just yet - best to make sure everything is running properly before updating the BIOS . . . unless you run into some really strange issues while trying to install and set everything up.

The drivers on the CD that will acoompany the motherboard will work fine for now as well; it's best, IMO, to figure out what motherboard features you'll actually use, as compared to what you probably won't have use for - that way, you only need to install and then update those programs and utlities.

Do download this chipset driver update for Intel chipsets: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=816 - just released last week, I'm sure it'll be more current than the driver version that will be on the CD.

Oh, and once you have your OS installed, before installing any other drivers or utilities or hardware, install that chipset driver update! They're a major neccessity for WIN to properly operate.

Good luck, man!

Processor i7 3820 4.0ghz
Motherboard asus x79 deluxe
Cooling silver arrow
Memory 16gb ripjaw
Video Card(s) gtx 1080 OC edition
Storage 1tb F3 +500gb sata ii 64gb ssd
Display(s) asus 1920 x1080 x3
Case HAF932
Power Supply Corsair 750w
Software Win 10
thanks for the info i wasnt sure if the new hardware would come with CD's or not so i was making a master CD for all my drivers but if they come with CD's i wont worry about it except for like u said the chipset driver ill get ASAP