• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DTS DCH Driver for Realtek HDA [DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive]

System Name FireBreather
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7950x
Motherboard CrossHair Extreme x670E
Cooling Asus RoG Strix LC2 360 AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR5 6000 CL30-40-40-96 1.40
Video Card(s) 7900 XTX Taichi
Storage 3x- PCI-E 4.0 Nvme 2TB 7GB/s - 2TB N7 USB-3.1 Nvme 1GB/s
Display(s) ASUS - VG259QM 2k 280hz HDR - LG-C1 4K 120hz OLED with Dobly vison
Case ROG Helios
Audio Device(s) SupremeFX ALC4082 codec, and an integrated ESS® ES9218 quad DAC
Power Supply HX1500i - 1500Watt
Mouse Corsair Dark Core
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 11 pro
Benchmark Scores Time spy - 29000 Port Royal - 17500 Cinabench R23 - ST = 2150 MT = 40000
im going to just say i think it all comes down to money and how much a company can make and if they dont need to add an extra port and can save the money on it but still charge the same they are prob just going to do that

The only thing I have against HDMI is the conductive cable, its specs and grounding requirements. What bothers me the most is the misinformation that SPDIF-TOSLink hardware cant do what HDMI can.
It's the complete opposite, in fact, HDMI is essentially an alternative to SPDIF, Its using NRZ and BMC as the digital data signal, same as SPDIF, and NRZ the same as any network.

Given that OM3 optical increases the range of HDMI, it should instead, go the route, or in fact use, SPDIF, as it has no bitrate limit (limited by the hardware).
HDMI exists mostly to output video, this is where the main focus and updates go, HDMI can still use optical for audio, in one cable.

Sounds cards don't produce a video feed, and I believe a video feed is mandatory for standard HDMI.
Apply Ohms law to an optical situation, and then test the speed of light vs electricity.

Last edited:

jose_luis

Tengo un problema al usar los auriculares activando DTS:X y jugando The Division 2, el sonido se escucha distorsionado y me obliga a dejar de usarlo.

Aparte DTS: X Ultra no funciona con mis altavoces externos "rca" Creative Inspire 5800 ¿solo funciona con cable fibra optica?.

Saludos.

No estoy seguro de por qué Sound Unbound hace eso, es la primera vez que lo escucho, lamentablemente Sound Unbound está fuera de mi control, viene tal cual.
Si fuera el controlador, podría investigarlo, pero Sound Unbound puede funcionar sin un controlador, es independiente.

Los dispositivos que no son de Realtek deben programarse con la 'Configuración DTS' para que funcionen.
Intente apagar Ultra (botón de apagado en la parte inferior) y pruebe Sound Unbound solo.

Avísame si eso ayuda.

Last edited:
Update: DTS DCH 6.0.9305.1 (Signed), Realtek update + Polished driver .inf files, see 'RTK Panel.txt' in 'Tools', to unlock DTS features in the Realtek app.
See post 1 for the file downloads and full guide, if you need help, even with installing, please ask, double click 'Install' to run it.

Last edited:
System Name FireBreather
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR5 6000 CL30-40-40-96 1.40
Case ROG Helios
Mouse Corsair Dark Core
Software Windows 11 pro
Benchmark Scores Time spy - 29000 Port Royal - 17500 Cinabench R23 - ST = 2150 MT = 40000
Update: DTS DCH 6.0.9305.1 (Signed), Realtek update + Polished driver .inf files, see 'RTK Panel.txt' in 'Tools', to unlock DTS features in the Realtek app.
See post 1 for the file downloads and full guide, if you need help, even with installing, please ask, double click 'Install' to run it.
is that for stereo upmix dts settings or interactive as well

Its a Realtek update, and the Realtek APO is on all endpoints (Speakers, Headphones, SPDIF, HDMI, Bluetooth). I completed the driver inf files, and have set code to manually register.
This means when you uninstall the driver, all information that is added is now removed, and registry cleaning is far less required (opposed to previously).

Unlocking the features with the Realtek app is now optional (and differs with each device), which you register optionally.
Because the registration (RTK Panel.txt) is manual, you should run a registry cleaner after uninstall.

----

If you use CCleaner, you can backup the changes it will make, so you can restore it, if something goes wrong.

Last edited:
System Name FireBreather
Case ROG Helios
Mouse Corsair Dark Core
Software Windows 11 pro
Its a Realtek update, and the Realtek APO is on all endpoints (Speakers, Headphones, SPDIF, HDMI, Bluetooth). I completed the driver inf files, and have set code to manually register.
This means when you uninstall the driver, all information that is added is now removed, and registry cleaning is far less required (opposed to previously).

Unlocking the features with the Realtek app is now optional (and differs with each device), which you register optionally.
Because the registration (RTK Panel.txt) is manual, you should run a registry cleaner after uninstall.

----

If you use CCleaner, you can backup the changes it will make, so you can restore it, if something goes wrong.

----

If you want to stay on the previous version, I have attached a .reg you can run (also safe to use on the current version).

Edit: I intend to add the cleanup to the next update, this time round I thought of it after.
ok cool ill take a look at it this weekend

I quickly added the cleanup to the main package. Registry cleaning is now optional, the package will now auto-clean.
I still don't accept donates, instead buy yourself a nice and full Sound Unbound license.

----

If you are using speakers with the retail Sound Unbound, enable Headphones:X, then set headphones to none.
You can use all 8 active DTS:X Ultra modes with all of the Sound Unbound modes, or without.

You can also turn off Ultra by pressing the power button, at the bottom.

Last edited:

jose_luis

Intente apagar Ultra (botón de apagado en la parte inferior) y pruebe Sound Unbound solo.
Si hago esto no hay problemas de sonido pero es muy raro, tendre que dejar de usar estas mejoras.

Gracias por la ayuda ;-).

vsdfg

on my system, dts:x ultra just won't do anything, it opens, but the effects aren't working (Tried both yours and alan's)

@vsdfg, replace the files in 'C:\Windows\System32\DTS\PC\APO4x' with these ones.
Some OEM configurations and Laptops don't like the newer files.

Stop the DTS service, transfer, start the service.

Last edited:
Did you make sure you fully uninstalled all previous packages and then 'pnputil' (see post 1), if you still have an issue, the issue is somehow at your end.
The basic installer I compiled simply uses only pnputil to install the driver and files, which is normal, and cannot be changed in anyway.

If I look at Alan's thread, I can see many people saying his driver doesn't install, I guess similar has happened.

vsdfg

The issue is on my end? Doubt it, I just fresh instealled and still same. Latest windows 11 Dev

only a dts inf gets installed, no realtek stuff

What does the device say at the moment? In sound settings, Realtek, DTS DCH or High Definition?

vsdfg

default microsoft "high definition". after running the installer I only have a dts inf in driver store.

This is only with the latest dev build, your driver used to work, except I didn't know I had to replace files

That's very odd, I have not changed the way the installer works from the previous versions, do you have time for TeamViewer tomorrow?

vsdfg

"odd"... on a z390-f, I'm not even supposed to use dtsx ultra

BUT when I tried virtual surround from dolby atmos for speakers app it was better than sonic studio's, so I wanna give dtsx ultra a try

I will try again next build. on 22557.1 there is no way to install your driver.

It's not the Z390-F, 22557.1? I guess that's Win11? I installed Win11 last month and had no issues installing the driver.
I'm confused to be honest, I am not sure why you cannot install, I can only TeamViewer to find out why.

I have taken note of the complaint, I will look into it when the issue is available to me.

====

Edit, It is possible to use DTS APO4 and Interactive with Microsoft drivers, see here, ask if you need help.

Install (double click) > Setup endpoints (Speakers, Headphones) via .reg file > restart.
You can replace files before installing with that pack, no drivers.

====

Here is the difference between the older licensed Sound Unbound, and the current retail version.

Sound Unound - Old.png
Sound Unound - New.png

Would be better if the spatial mode was called Sound Unbound.

----

Sound Unbound.png

You can use the DTS:X Ultra app, with or without Sound Unbound.

----

Note: When in multichannel mode (and Interactive), stereo features will disable.

SPDIF.png

Slightly older video of me downloading from the store.

Last edited:

vsdfg

Also doesn't work

Every second dealing with this modded driver is a waste of time, and I get more and more angry.

Will have to do a TeamViewer it seems, if you have time, you can run it without installing it, and have your firewall and so on, on.
Message me, and we can see what the problem is, and if it can be fixed easily. I wont take more time than is needed.

vsdfg

managed to test it, terrible.

Who would have thought sonic studio 3 is better than dts:x, or dolby for speakers (except virtual surround, better with dolby) from alan's package. I think if you don't actually have a dts:x mobo it will sound like shit. There is no point in downlaoding your driver, or alan's XD just my two cents

@pyuras, yes, use 'DTS Settings' from the main directory, and apply 'Stereo' to the headphones, if its a USB device, see the second part of this post.

1.png2.png

-----

@vsdfg, I dont have a DTS:X mobo, in fact my mobo is from 2012, and ALC 889 from 2008. All endpoints sounds good here.
If I disable the DTS APO4 service and then restart, the audio quality drops, as it disables the DTS APO (APO4).

It's not my fault you have issues adding the certificate to your Windows, you said you had it working.
I don't understand is how the certificate was missing, if installed and working previously.

Edit: So essentially you have tried both the previous and new way to install the certificate, but then got it work, what did you do?
When I asked you to right click and install the .inf files, you said you got a certificate issue, even after both methods.

Where did the installed certificate go from the first install, that you said you did, and what did you do to fix it?
I have had similar messages in the past with this issue, Windows bug, would be nice to know.

----

I am taking a break for a short period, I re-uploaded 6.0.9305.1 with an improved way to install the certificate.
If you are already using 6.0.9305.1, you don't need to re-install, or take any further action.

Last edited: