• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DTS DCH Driver for Realtek HDA [DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive]

Yes, I put it on USB, then restart PC, at the boot menu I press F12 (can be different on each board) to select the UEFI boot menu, then I select USB.
Once you have it running, the backup option is under Wizards, in the top menu bar, near the end.

====

@Everyone

The current release is optimized to work together (APO3-APO4), you should notice increased quality and response.
For stereo, you might need to add the Xperi MFX key to analogue, then restart your computer.*

1619035018395.png
1.png

SRS, DTS DSP, noise and distortion protection, with auto mode.

----

* This may change at a later date, depending on results, as it causes lag with stereo mode (working on it).

Last edited:

TechTeaPerson

I'm on the latest mod. Installed main driver, sound unbound appxbundle, and dts x ultra appxbundle.
No DTS programs appeared at all on the start menu. Nothing in program files as well or the modern apps and features menu.
By the way, do you support Headphone X? As I don't see any .appx file for it. I tested the one I had, DTSInc.DTSHeadphoneXv1_2.0.0.0_x64__t5j2fzbtdg37r.Appx, but it doesn't work. It shows the main screen, but I can't click on anything and there is no headphone x effect.

Sounds like a problem with Windows, or the services are not running, check task manager for DTS APO 3-4 Service. Edit: I just uploaded the full apps package, with HPX v1.

Last edited:
System Name Acer Aspire E5-475G
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U @ 2.50GHz
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce 940MX,Intel HD Graphics 620
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC255
Software Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview
update if back to disable playback device option after restart
follow this screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_199.png
    Screenshot_199.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
credit alanfox2000
@Ferather @Bryan Ü
edit is affeted to all alc2xx (thanks for erpguy53 )

Attachments

• Realtek-Sound ImageEdit6.jpg
    Realtek-Sound ImageEdit6.jpg
    666.6 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Ok thanks guys, guess I will do another update then.

----

@andreaspujihar, are you sure its not just codes, because I think I can unlock headphones in your case, though I don't have the device to prove it.
Below is an image, where I added placeholder code, which is in green, and deactivated by ';', if you remove the ';' it might work.

You will need to disable driver signing, then edit the infs, by removing the ';', I did this intentionally.

1619077299786.png

Currently I am working on APO3 and 4, but will look into @Bryan Ü's driver.

Ok thanks guys, guess I will do another update then.

----

@andreaspujihar, are you sure its not just codes, because I think I can unlock headphones in your case, though I don't have the device to prove it.
Below is an image, where I added placeholder code, which is in green, and deactivated by ';', if you remove the ';' it might work.

You will need to disable driver signing, then edit the infs, by removing the ';', I did this intentionally.

View attachment 197704

Currently I am working on APO3 and 4, but will look into @Bryan Ü's driver.
idk is screnshoot from alanfox2000

credit alanfox2000
@Ferather @Bryan Ü
edit is affeted to all alc2xx (thanks for erpguy53 )
Yes thats what was happening with me.

Does any one wants to try Sound Research Audio Effects Component.It came with my HP driver.

1619095481299.png

Finally found way to separate the streams on HP laptop. :D:clap::peace:

Attachments

• dchu_SEAPO_022520_WHQL.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Hmmm, not so sure I like APO3 MFX, I added it in this test with Bryans codes, but it sounded better without, however without, stereo mode cannot use the app.

Edit: Removed key, pls re-download, sorry.

Last edited:
1619110160121.png

Does anyone have idea what's function of amdacpksl.sys(AMD KSL Filter) and RtEventLog.dll in my driver.

AMD KSL Filter - I think that's for microphone or other noise cancelling. The log should just be a recorder of events and errors, probably outputs to a log somewhere.

I think I fixed the APO3 problem and can now have APO3 MFX without quality loss with multichannel, and at the same time reduced impact on stereo (latency).

@Ferather
Is there a method for spatial sound enhancing like Dolby Atmos in Alans driver? Because I liked Dolby Atmos, it pushed all the little sounds in games and the games were a lot more immersive.

@Kabal81, I might able to do something now I understand APO3 and APO4 more, I have been asked by friends. Sometimes if you stack APOs you get problems.....
This driver uses Sound Unbound and the Headphones:X (v1, v2) apps for spatial, it also has object processing, and works with Atmos encoded audio.

----

So I addressed APO3 fully, and re-mastered its preset, and set it up to not screw up other APO's, you can now use APO3 for stereo, or ignore it.
I managed to get the same latency stereo had without APO MFX, now with MFX. You will need to select Surround or 3D mode.

----

DTS DCH 6.0.9137.4 (Signed) - See post 1 for the downloads and guide. Various APO fixes and changes, moved apps to one package.

@Bryan Ü, you want ALT1 (HDXRT2.inf), I moved them around, but have now labelled them in the basic installer.

----

If you want to edit or tweak the preset's, or find better settings let me know:
Drag and drop any files to the right folder, then install (or edit first).

====

Forgot to mention, DTS Interactive (analogue > digital), has been upgraded into essentially Interactive:X, with DTS 6 channel endpoint effects and 6 channel object processing.
The sound quality for me is better *, however I notice a difference with high frequencies, nothing an EQ cant boost. Specs: 48 Khz, 24 bit, 6 channel.

* Versus analogue 6 channels, and the same speaker system, high grade cables in both cases.

1619145587518.png

Last edited:
hehe, "@Bryan Ü, you want ALT1 (HDXRT2.inf), I moved them around, but have now labelled them in the basic installer." -- from above, sorry for the big post.
You can also try disabling driver signing, and modifying the infs or change files (install RTEXT.inf first). Make a restore point.

Edit: You might still need to do the tool mods posted above, I don't know.

Last edited:
@Ferather can u change the installation method to alan's installation method. i get

Code:
This device cannot start. (Code 10)

The policy object does not exist when it should

with your driver but not with alan's driver.

edit:: its working now

Last edited: