• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DTS DCH Driver for Realtek HDA [DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive]

DTS DCH 6.0.9129.2 (Signed) - Fixed an issue that would cause BSOD on some devices.

See post 1 for the guide and download. Main and ALT2 are effected.

----

To improve analogue response with E-APO, untick use existing APO, always use SFX/MFX.

1.png

Last edited:

seiya1

HDXRT4.inf and RTEXT2.inf. Else edit with notepad, search for (edit > find): HKR,InterfaceSetting\SysCustomizedFx\FX\0,%PKEY_FX_StreamEffectClsid%,,%DTS_SFX_CLSID%
Delete it, and save it, obviously you will need to disable driver signing, if not again but remove:
Hey, thanks for your work Ferather, i´m a longtime user of Alan Finotty drivers ´til the problem with dts, and lately yours, as Lai_yunie_yanto mentioned, if you have a copy of this previous driver 6.0.9116.4 is the last one that worked, i have z906 speakers, and Mobo ASUS TUF x570 plus wifi (Realtek S1200A), kept trying to install your newest driver also (DTS DCH 6.0.9129.2), Still BSOD, even if i edit HDXRT4.inf, it installs but the alternative extension doesn´t and BSOD (disable driver signing)i follow all steps from the guide and i don´t use hdmi for audio, i hope you can share the previous drivers or help with 12XX series, thank´s for your time.

I
Hey, thanks for your work Ferather, i´m a longtime user of Alan Finotty drivers ´til the problem with dts, and lately yours, as Lai_yunie_yanto mentioned, if you have a copy of this previous driver 6.0.9116.4 is the last one that worked, i have z906 speakers, and Mobo ASUS TUF x570 plus wifi (Realtek S1200A), kept trying to install your newest driver also (DTS DCH 6.0.9129.2), Still BSOD, even if i edit HDXRT4.inf, it installs but the alternative extension doesn´t and BSOD (disable driver signing)i follow all steps from the guide and i don´t use hdmi for audio, i hope you can share the previous drivers or help with 12XX series, thank´s for your time.
I'm back with the original alan finotty's driver. The newest one doesn't give me BSOD.
DDL & DTS is more easily activated now.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AX
Cooling Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 with Arctic Bionix P120 ARGB Fan
Memory Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe, Kingston KC2500 2TB NVMe, Western Digital Blue 500GB 2.5" SATA3 SSD
Display(s) Dell S2721DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow, White, with Arctic Bionix P120 ARGB Fan x 5
Audio Device(s) On board ALC1200 to Yamaha TSS-10 5.1 channel Amplifier
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed with SteelSeries QcK Prism Cloth Mouse Pad
Keyboard Logitech G815 LIGHTSYNC (Tactile)
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Superposition: 4277 Heaven: 2628 3DMark Time Spy: 11776 3DMark Fire Strike: 30281
Ok, starting the process again.

This is what I get in Device Manager after restarting (about 3 times now)...

Realtek Audio remains after uninstalling it. & there are a heap of DTS Software Components (are these from my first fail attempt at installing your driver & if so, should I uninstall them all? They may belong to my motherboard?).

1617172013525.jpeg

@seiya1

So its the extension? I tried to find out but got no as the result. I dont have 12XX, and are not getting the required feedback to fix it.
I sent Lai_yunie_yanto 6.0.9116.1 and he said BSOD, so I got nothing to work with.....

You guys are correctly uninstalling the previous driver and extension via Pnputil?
This will cause a problem if you do not.

Last edited:
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe, Kingston KC2500 2TB NVMe, Western Digital Blue 500GB 2.5" SATA3 SSD
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Superposition: 4277 Heaven: 2628 3DMark Time Spy: 11776 3DMark Fire Strike: 30281
I deleted “Realtek Audio” but didn’t restart to prevent it from re-installing.

I then proceeded to the next stage...

Now I can’t delete the file packages in Command Prompt (tried “oem87.inf”) - message says “Deleting The driver package filed; one or more devices are presently installed using the specified INF”

But I don’t have ‘Microsoft Audio Device’ listed in Device Manager.

I have “AMD High Definition Audio Device” however.

Software Windows 10
@Ralfi

I will do Teamviewer session soon, if you want, it's quicker than explaining
Remote access? I'm not sure.

Anyway, I need to make dinner. Chat later.

Yes, but I can just watch, and use chat. Else it will take some time to diagnose the Windows issue you have there.

----

@seiya1 @Lai_yunie_yanto

Instructions: Right click "DTS DCH" in device manager, and uninstall, tick delete driver. DO NOT restart, now open 'command prompt' as admin, and type: pnptuil -e
Search through the screen for 'DTS', and even 'Realtek' and 'AFF', any you see take note of the omeX.inf, and then type: pnputil -d oemX.inf.

See post 1 for full details, if you have multiple extensions they may be the issue. DO NOT use third party apps to remove drivers.

Now I need to know if the BSOD happens with the driver (first question using 'Install'), or the extension, the second question.

If you cant use 'Install' via double click, you already have an issue with Windows.

----

Additional notes:

Both of you have had issues with Alans driver, and then switched to mine (first time on your machine), most likely following the guide to remove Alans.
When I had Alans driver and switched, without the guide, his extension remained installed and caused problem with my new driver.

Now you have switched to Alans driver, its similar in the way its now the first time on your machine (was fully removed).
My extension probably will do nothing with Alans driver installed, if you did not remove it.

Last edited:

seiya1

Ok, starting the process again.

This is what I get in Device Manager after restarting (about 3 times now)...

Realtek Audio remains after uninstalling it. & there are a heap of DTS Software Components (are these from my first fail attempt at installing your driver & if so, should I uninstall them all? They may belong to my motherboard?).
Try uninstall everything DTS related, and all Realtek or AAF audio drivers as in the guide, if not, use DDU, Display Driver Uninstaller, as suggested by another member, in the "uninstall audio" option, i know that the guide mentions to not use third party apps for uninstalling drivers, but in my case it was the only way to uninstall drivers to stock, only then i could delete drivers and extensions using pnputil, hope it helps and lets wait for ferather for more advice.

Last edited:
I have not tried DDU, I am not sure if its ok, the driver store explorer app breaks things I know that for sure, it doesn't remove registry entries and caused a major problem with updates.

I do use 'Device Remover' Device Remover 0.9.5212.27342 for Windows - Download (uptodown.com), but usually I just use Windows pnputil.

----

1.png2.png
3.png4.png

----

You may also need to unplug your PC's network cable or turn off WiFi, so Windows doesn't download drivers, or interrupt installs.

@seiya1, If its the extension and not the driver, there is one line of code I can remove, but I don't see a problem with it.
The same code is also in the driver, so if it is an issue it's very bespoke, but I can ofc change it.

If you really have to use manual install due to broken Windows, you want HDXRT4 and RTEXT2, starting with HDXRT4.
Wait for the red cross to turn into a speaker before you install the extension.

Also: Delete - C:\Windows\System32\DTS After uninstalling all drivers and extensions.

Last edited:

seiya1

@seiya1

So its the extension? I tried to find out but got no as the result. I dont have 12XX, and are not getting the required feedback to fix it.
I sent Lai_yunie_yanto 6.0.9116.1 and he said BSOD, so I got nothing to work with.....

You guys are correctly uninstalling the previous driver and extension via Pnputil?
This will cause a problem if you do not.
Yes, i'm sure i have uninstalled all DTS or AAF audio related drivers or extensions with pnputil (admin privileges) several times trying with diferent new versions of your drivers, to avoid conflicted drivers and do a clean install with no luck, resulting in BSOD after installing the driver (first question).
Now, editing the driver HDXRT4.inf as you mentioned in a previous post, and saving changes, only then it let me install the driver with no BSOD (disable driver signing), after that in second question (install extension) now it gives me the BSOD :( i have wifi or cable disconnected to avoid interrupts, I tried again all the process clean installation with Alan's recent driver, and the same old problem only activates dolby not DTS, so i had to rollback to driver -AAF 6.0.9107.1 DTS- that's the only one i have left that functions for me with DTS interactive (gives me better sound than dolby, it installs correctly, but no dts x for me), i know it's recommended to not use any third party app to uninstall drivers, but DDU does the trick in my case, and i don't think DDU is the problem because i can install your modded AAF 6.0.9107.1 DTS without problem, maybe i'm wrong, i'll use that in the meantime 'til the next updated DTS driver and use your suggestion to download 'device remover', in the case of a 'manual install' i've tried with HDXRT4.inf or RTEXT2, windows says it can't install because "The specified location does not contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the location contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with the Windows x64 Edition operating system." so my guess is that something happens with the driver or extension that does'nt recognize or conflicts with S1200A, sorry if it's a long post, hope this info helps.

"Also: Delete - C:\Windows\System32\DTS After uninstalling all drivers and extensions."

Got it, thank's

I think I know what do do, very valuable information thankyou very much.

----

Me taking notes:

"Now, editing the driver HDXRT4.inf as you mentioned in a previous post, and saving changes, only then it let me install the driver with no BSOD"
Already removed the HDMI bit so thats: HKR,InterfaceSetting\SysCustomizedFx\FX\0,%PKEY_FX_StreamEffectClsid%,,%DTS_SFX_CLSID%

"After that in second question (install extension) now it gives me the BSOD :(" Is this the main extension or alt?

I will fix it very shortly based on your results.

====

DTS DCH 6.0.9129.4 (Signed) - Removed some code based on results, moved some codes from the extension to main drivers.

Please make a restore point -- Feedback is required. See post 1 for the download and guide.
Please also remove the Ultra and Sound Unbound apps, before removal.

----

If this version still does not work, your device does not operate in the required manor to support ultra.
You will either have to use Alans driver, or this more dated DTS version.

Last edited:
Front panel? Or the specific headphones mode? To do the specific mode, you use the Realtek Audio Console to disable detection, then near the bottom enable separate stream mode, then restart your PC.

1.png2.png

3.png4.png

If I plug in headphones, with the normal settings I do get detection. Out of curiosity what ALC do you have?

----

Briefly looking at Google, the only 12XX chip I see that officially supports DTS:X is 1220-VB?

Last edited:

seiya1

"After that in second question (install extension) now it gives me the BSOD :(" Is this the main extension or alt?"

It´s the alt extension, also i tried again now in the second question with the main, resulting it installed correctly without BSDO, but as i mentioned earlier, in my case even installed doesn´t detect any audio device, because of S1200A i suppose...

i ´ll try with these DTS DCH 6.0.9129.4, and share results.

Front panel? Or the specific headphones mode? To do the specific mode, you use the Realtek Audio Console to disable detection, then near the bottom enable separate stream mode, then restart your PC.

View attachment 194719View attachment 194723

View attachment 194724View attachment 194725

If I plug in headphones, with the normal settings I do get detection. Out of curiosity what ALC do you have?

----

Briefly looking at Google, the only 12XX chip I see that officially supports DTS:X is 1220-VB?
Screenshot 2021-04-01 103738.png

Screenshot 2021-04-01 105902.png

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0285&SUBSYS_103C86D5&REV_1000
i have HP Pavillion Laptop.I dont know how to find ALC.
i have connected the headphone but there is no driver for headphone installed.

Last edited:
@bryan---
That would be ALC285, you will probably need ALT1, that series uses different codes for speakers-headphones.

@seiya1
Ok good no BSOD, I will a device with S1200A to write the correct codes for it, as like above. Thanks for tests.
All errors are related to codes inside the .inf files, the drivers are no different to others.

Its possible to try the main .inf, if that was what you where using in DTS DCH 6.0.9129.4, cannot confirm it.

I apologize to anyone getting difficulties, I am unable to write for all ALC's, only the one I have.
My ALC889 accepts every code change I make, so hmmm, universal it seems.

1.png
2.png

If you think 2013 is old, ALC889 was released in 2008.

====

Done, make sure you uninstall all DTS apps after you uninstall the driver and extension, try the main driver first.
See post one for the download link and uninstall-install guide.

Last edited:
@bryan---
That would be ALC285, you will probably need ALT1, that series uses different codes for speakers-headphones.

@seiya1
Ok good no BSOD, I will a device with S1200A to write the correct codes for it, as like above. Thanks for tests.
All errors are related to codes inside the .inf files, the drivers are no different to others.

Its possible to try the main .inf, if that was what you where using in DTS DCH 6.0.9129.4, cannot confirm it.

I apologize to anyone getting difficulties, I am unable to write for all ALC's, only the one I have.

View attachment 194865
View attachment 194866

====

Done, make sure you uninstall all DTS apps after you uninstall the driver and extension, try the main driver first.
What is your computer's motherboard brand and model

seiya1

"After that in second question (install extension) now it gives me the BSOD :(" Is this the main extension or alt?"

It´s the alt extension, also i tried again now in the second question with the main, resulting it installed correctly without BSDO, but as i mentioned earlier, in my case even installed doesn´t detect any audio device, because of S1200A i suppose...

i ´ll try with these DTS DCH 6.0.9129.4, and share results.
Tried the DTS DCH 6.0.9129.4, clean install, alt2 driver (first question), resulting in BSOD, by the way, after that to clean the residual dts driver and extension, this time using pnputil cannot uninstall driver or extension no matter what, even using 'device remover' and restarting doesn't let me uninstall, so i searched the pnputil command, i found that you can force the uninstall of the drivers or extension adding '-f' to the pnputil command, for example ' pnputil -d oemX.inf - f, this worked for me, as to not use another third party app, hope this can help others with this problem uninstalling drivers, i'm using now the dated DTS driver you suggested, they install and work fine, only the DTS effects app does'nt work.

@bryan---

@seiya1

View attachment 194865
View attachment 194866

====

Link to my driver-- HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0101ax Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support
Hope it helps you to make changes in the driver so it can work on my laptop too.
@Ferather by the way where can i learn to make my own code for my laptop.

@dododo

Same the images I provided, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev. 4.0) with ALC889.

====

@seiya1

I may have to borrow your PC if you are willing, the latest edition (which I know has the original name: DTS DCH 6.0.9129.1), should be working if the dated version does.
I checked it over yesterday, this being said, it appears you may be having trouble with Windows based on the issue you had removing the driver.

The main driver should now support all chips, where the alt drivers are secondary support, due to some changes.

Edit: According to the generic driver (link below in reply), installing in safe mode can fix BSOD.

Edit 2: There might be two lines of code I can remove from DTS APO4x that is not present in another DTS S1200A driver.
I will try it on my machine to see if all still works, but I don't guarantee it will work for you.

====

@bryan---

Yes indeed, its easy to apply, but some information will be totally unreadable or at least you cannot translate the information:

HKR,SSTPPCfg\{7111001F-D35F-44D9-81D2-7AC685BED3D7}\SPK\EFX,Enabled,0x10001,1
HKR,SSTPPCfg\{7111001F-D35F-44D9-81D2-7AC685BED3D7}\SPK\EFX,Position,0x10001,9
HKR,SSTPPCfg\{7111001F-D35F-44D9-81D2-7AC685BED3D7}\SPK\EFX,IsMandatory,0x10001,1

HKR,SSTPPCfg\{7AA4DB02-6B41-4BC3-A712-80A2DDE29E11}\SPK\EFX,Enabled,0x10001,1
HKR,SSTPPCfg\{7AA4DB02-6B41-4BC3-A712-80A2DDE29E11}\SPK\EFX,Position,0x10001,9
HKR,SSTPPCfg\{7AA4DB02-6B41-4BC3-A712-80A2DDE29E11}\SPK\EFX,IsMandatory,0x10001,1

HKR,SSTPPCfg\{78819325-A976-4316-B2BA-49285D83C725}\SPK\EFX,Enabled,0x10001,1
HKR,SSTPPCfg\{78819325-A976-4316-B2BA-49285D83C725}\SPK\EFX,Position,0x10001,9
HKR,SSTPPCfg\{78819325-A976-4316-B2BA-49285D83C725}\SPK\EFX,IsMandatory,0x10001,1

HKR,SSTPPCfg\{E1284052-8664-4FE4-A353-3878F72704C3}\HP\EFX,Enabled,0x10001,1
HKR,SSTPPCfg\{E1284052-8664-4FE4-A353-3878F72704C3}\HP\EFX,Position,0x10001,1
HKR,SSTPPCfg\{E1284052-8664-4FE4-A353-3878F72704C3}\SPK\EFX,Enabled,0x10001,1
HKR,SSTPPCfg\{E1284052-8664-4FE4-A353-3878F72704C3}\SPK\EFX,Position,0x10001,1

HKR,SSTPPCfg\{D9C95249-EDFC-4046-96EC-15D2EB12C74E}\HP\EFX,Enabled,0x10001,1
HKR,SSTPPCfg\{D9C95249-EDFC-4046-96EC-15D2EB12C74E}\HP\EFX,Position,0x10001,1
HKR,SSTPPCfg\{D9C95249-EDFC-4046-96EC-15D2EB12C74E}\SPK\EFX,Enabled,0x10001,1

You can just about see the codes are for speaker and headphone configuration, and they are for different chips.

--

Download the latest driver for your motherboard, or another generic package such as this one. Then my drivers to obtain information and files for DTS APO1 and DTS Connect.
I made an extension that is meant to bolt onto a pre-existing driver, although I have not updated it, you will want the codes from it, and the APO4x folder.

You add all this to your functioning driver, you may need to find and tweak some lines of code, but it will mostly work strait away.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/p3wp00zban63gfi/DTS-X_6.0.9126.1.7z < Extension, not updated.

--

Good luck, many questions I can answer, but maybe not all.

:)

====

DTS DCH 6.0.9129.2 (Signed) - See post one for the download and uninstall-install guide, and other info.

Removed various APO4x codes, increased compatibility, increased response rate.
E-APO is now completely optional, although suggested.

Optional: Add DTS SFX to analogue if needed, however it can cause lag and instability on some systems.

Last edited:
@dododo

Same the images I provided, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev. 4.0) with ALC889.

====

@seiya1

I may have to borrow your PC if you are willing, the latest edition (which I know has the original name: DTS DCH 6.0.9129.1), should be working if the dated version does.
I checked it over yesterday, this being said, it appears you may be having trouble with Windows based on the issue you had removing the driver.

The main driver should now support all chips, where the alt drivers are secondary support, due to some changes.

Edit: According to the generic driver (link below in reply), installing in safe mode can fix BSOD.

Edit 2: There might be two lines of code I can remove from DTS APO4x that is not present in another DTS S1200A driver.
I will try it on my machine to see if all still works, but I don't guarantee it will work for you.

====

@bryan---

Yes indeed, its easy to apply, but some information will be totally unreadable or at least you cannot translate the information:

HKR,SSTPPCfg\{7111001F-D35F-44D9-81D2-7AC685BED3D7}\SPK\EFX,Enabled,0x10001,1
HKR,SSTPPCfg\{7111001F-D35F-44D9-81D2-7AC685BED3D7}\SPK\EFX,Position,0x10001,9
HKR,SSTPPCfg\{7111001F-D35F-44D9-81D2-7AC685BED3D7}\SPK\EFX,IsMandatory,0x10001,1

HKR,SSTPPCfg\{7AA4DB02-6B41-4BC3-A712-80A2DDE29E11}\SPK\EFX,Enabled,0x10001,1
HKR,SSTPPCfg\{7AA4DB02-6B41-4BC3-A712-80A2DDE29E11}\SPK\EFX,Position,0x10001,9
HKR,SSTPPCfg\{7AA4DB02-6B41-4BC3-A712-80A2DDE29E11}\SPK\EFX,IsMandatory,0x10001,1

HKR,SSTPPCfg\{78819325-A976-4316-B2BA-49285D83C725}\SPK\EFX,Enabled,0x10001,1
HKR,SSTPPCfg\{78819325-A976-4316-B2BA-49285D83C725}\SPK\EFX,Position,0x10001,9
HKR,SSTPPCfg\{78819325-A976-4316-B2BA-49285D83C725}\SPK\EFX,IsMandatory,0x10001,1

HKR,SSTPPCfg\{E1284052-8664-4FE4-A353-3878F72704C3}\HP\EFX,Enabled,0x10001,1
HKR,SSTPPCfg\{E1284052-8664-4FE4-A353-3878F72704C3}\HP\EFX,Position,0x10001,1
HKR,SSTPPCfg\{E1284052-8664-4FE4-A353-3878F72704C3}\SPK\EFX,Enabled,0x10001,1
HKR,SSTPPCfg\{E1284052-8664-4FE4-A353-3878F72704C3}\SPK\EFX,Position,0x10001,1

HKR,SSTPPCfg\{D9C95249-EDFC-4046-96EC-15D2EB12C74E}\HP\EFX,Enabled,0x10001,1
HKR,SSTPPCfg\{D9C95249-EDFC-4046-96EC-15D2EB12C74E}\HP\EFX,Position,0x10001,1
HKR,SSTPPCfg\{D9C95249-EDFC-4046-96EC-15D2EB12C74E}\SPK\EFX,Enabled,0x10001,1

You can just about see the codes are for speaker and headphone configuration, and they are for different chips.

--

Download the latest driver for your motherboard, or another generic package such as this one. Then my drivers to obtain information and files for DTS APO1 and DTS Connect.
I made an extension that is meant to bolt onto a pre-existing driver, although I have not updated it, you will want the codes from it, and the APO4x folder.

You add all this to your functioning driver, you may need to find and tweak some lines of code, but it will mostly work strait away.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/p3wp00zban63gfi/DTS-X_6.0.9126.1.7z < Extension, not updated.

--

Good luck, many questions I can answer, but maybe not all.

:)

====

DTS DCH 6.0.9129.2 (Signed) - See post one for the download and uninstall-install guide, and other info.

Removed various APO4x codes, increased compatibility, increased response rate.
E-APO is now completely optional, although suggested.

Optional: Add DTS SFX to analogue if needed, however it can cause lag and instability on some systems.
Bro i just installed the files u gave and it worked without doing any kind of change. I used the driver given my HP.

Hehe. When you have time try the latest full package, or not its up to you. Don't forget to install the Ultra app .inf.
You might also need to setup the SFX, MFX and EFX manually using the APO Tool, see post 1.

Did you also want DTS Interactive? I can add it to the extension.

Last edited:
Yes we do!

Btw, @alanfox2000 and his APO DRIVER & FX CONFIGURATOR (and prolly custom nVidia driver, and what else¿) contains trojans and cryptominers. I made sure his GitHub went down when I found out.

@Alan Finotty 's shit is difficult to uninstall and pings his GitHub every hour..

They are using built-in Windows Remote "Business" Services to Trojan your PC the fuq up, so stay away from them.

The mission with unleashing the DTS X Ultra monstrum is the beginning of the everlasting (maybe?) eon of Aquarius. We need to be pure in our intentions, for they will colour each and every sound profile there is out there (your souls). I speak to Ferather every day, and he is a really nice bloke. I vouch for him, but I am limited in IT knowledge. Always shitcheck what you download with data and connection sniffers. PM me if you need awesome security tools. (Like the best there is/was available)

All love from $weeden! :love: