• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DTS DCH Driver for Realtek HDA [DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive]

Hehe. When you have time try the latest full package, or not its up to you. Don't forget to install the Ultra app .inf.
You might also need to setup the SFX, MFX and EFX manually using the APO Tool, see post 1.

Did you also want DTS Interactive? I can add it to the extension.
::Your full driver gave me error::
This device cannot start. (Code 10)

The policy object does not exist when it should

maybe i was unable to uninstall the driver properly.

@bryan---

Windows is really annoying, no idea why you got code 10, that's new. Even the generic driver and others have this issue, some have guides for BSOD, such as using driver removers and safe mode.

Always run pnputil or similar after removing drivers, they nearly always leave additional .inf files that can cause problem with other drivers, or in the future.
When you uninstall my driver via right click > uninstall > tick delete driver, the driver is removed, only the extension remains (pnputil time).

This is the reason I wrote the guide in post 1, and why I say DONT skip steps, failing to restart your PC at the right time also causes problems (some people think they can skip it).

99.9% of the time I do a remote view with driver customer, they have residual files and extensions from other drivers, and past installs.

----

When I fresh install Windows, then do drivers, setup and essential software, I make a full partition backup, using Paragon. I can break Windows as much as I like.
All my main files and games are on another partition, and Windows before backup was already setup, I format the drive and restore in 6 minutes.

https://easyupload.io/jj7w0c < Paragon Backup and Recovery, USB or DVD.

====

I updated the DTS:X extension, at this time I did not add DTS Interactive, as I need to override OEM settings, and my first attempt did not work.
The extension requires a DTS (Xperi) supporting driver, it will have an extension .inf with the name Xperi (DTS).

I have setup the extension with composite SFX, MFX and EFX, you may need to adjust them.

Attachments

• FX Configurator (Cleaned).zip
    724.7 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
DTS.X.SPDiF.WORKiNG.png

No problem, enjoy, you will need to use separate headphones mode, which is disable front panel detection, and enable separate stream, then you get headphone config :)

1.png2.png

Forgot to say restart PC after enabling headphones mode.

Last edited:
Does anyone have DTS Sound Unbound 1.3.3 APPX - or any version from 2018 / 2019?

I've searched for it all over the web, @alanfox2000 had a MEGA.nz link that's down :/

Bless :love:

Here are some additional steps in you getting problems with Windows and BSOD. If this if your first time installing follow the guide in post 1, and add below as additional steps.

First disable Windows audio service (see screenshot), then continue to right click uninstall the driver via device manager (tick delete driver).
Then you need to remove the extension via pnputil (see post 1), and run a registry cleaner 2-3 times, then restart.

After the restart disable audio again, double click 'Install' in the DTS DCH driver package, then restart.

1.png

====

I also suggest replacing Neo effects (stereo expand nearly always sounds terrible), with E-APO and my stereo upmixer configuration (see my signature below), you can also add more enchanments.
Optional: add the DTS SFX key to stream effects for analogue before you setup E-APO. This way it will make a composite with it (use existing APO), with high response rate.

1.png 2.png

Yes it works with SPDIF, but dont apply the SFX key to digital, its not intended for it, and you will get no audio.

====

I forgot to mention in post 1, that if you want the digital decoder to stay always on, enable stereo mix. Set it to play to digital, and then mute the stream, this will make your receiver stay on.

1.png 2.png

You will need to show disabled devices to see it, by right clicking in the white space.

Last edited:
System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
Did you follow all the steps? And do you have TeamViewer?

It must not be only TeamViewer, also it could be the in Windows home-integrated App called "Remote-Help"

No I was going to clean his PC and install it for him, everytime I do I find Alan Finotty, AlanFox and sometimes Realtek files. I remove them, and install without issues.
I will also show you and remove a certificate from unmentioned name that gives their codes root permission on your device.

----

Code signing only, no other purposes, you can also see your other certificates, and their purpose.

1.png

----

If you follow the guide and fully remove Realtek-Alan Finotty-Alan Fox- Unsigned drivers, (pnputil) then it suddenly works, please direct all complaints to that person.

Last edited:
hi thanks for your work, i installed the driver that u recommend but i cant get dts unbound licenced i like use it for headphone thant for help. my motherboard msi b550m mortar

No problem, (obviously no BSOD), Did you download the provided app from the link? If you did you will need to read the readme and disable store auto updates.
The Ultra app can be updated without issues, Sound Unbound cannot be updated as it has license built in, and the update will remove it.

If the update installs, remove it, and install provided SU. Let me know if you still have an issue, enjoy!

DTS DCH 6.0.9129.4 (signed) - see post 1 for the download and guide.

Added a fix for non Realtek devices that have been programmed manually to work with Ultra (see a video here).
> After a fresh restart, you will need to change to Realtek then back, or start with Realtek.

Updated APO4x dlls, added codes to support more systems.

You may also do the trick with Realtek headphones, for HDMI-DP to headphones, see here. Might work.

----

Notes:

Some DTS Custom systems may not accept APO1 and APO4, and only work with APO3, the reason for this is unknown to me at this time.
I don't have BSOD issues, so no direct attempts have been made with this update. Try the below if you have issues.

----

@oytun

Ok, remove all drivers, clean. Disable driver signing, then in my drivers replace 'rtkvhd64.sys' with one from a functioning driver, try then.
BSOD doesnt tell me what the issues is, files, codes, combinations, Windows faults, so on. All missing.

Last edited:
DTS DCH 6.0.9129.4 (signed) - see post 1 for the download and guide.

Added a fix for non Realtek devices that have been programmed manually to work with Ultra (see a video here).
> After a fresh restart, you will need to change to Realtek then back, or start with Realtek.

Updated APO4x dlls, added codes to support more systems.

You may also do the trick with Realtek headphones, for HDMI-DP to headphones, see here. Might work.

----

Notes:

Some DTS Custom systems may not accept APO1 and APO4, and only work with APO3, the reason for this is unknown to me at this time.
I don't have BSOD issues, so no direct attempts have been made with this update. Try the below if you have issues.

----

@oytun

Ok, remove all drivers, clean. Disable driver signing, then in my drivers replace 'rtkvhd64.sys' with one from a functioning driver, try then.
BSOD doesnt tell me what the issues is, files, codes, combinations, Windows faults, so on. All missing.
Headphone still not working.
can you update the extension and upload it pls.

Did u test the latest app version 1.10.1.0 or only the old 1.9.1.0 version is workable like this? Another thing is Preset, u r using preset from Acer, did u test with other preset from Asus or Toshiba? @Ferather

Did u test the latest app version 1.10.1.0 or only the old 1.9.1.0 version is workable like this? Another thing is Preset, u r using preset from Acer, did u test with other preset from Asus or Toshiba? @Ferather
dts ultra 1.10.1.0 works i have updated the app

1617712207682.png

@Ferather i think the extensions are not latest

Alright great so no more BSOD? Based on information provided it was the service, which should now be fixed.

----

@ador250, I am running the latest app downloaded from Windows store, I don't use the offline one, no I have not tried every preset.
You can download the ones I collected here (MediaFire), feel free the delete the provided ones and swap.

\Windows\System32\DTS\PC\APO4x -- See: \DTS DCH 6.0.9129.4\WIN10\EXT

----

@bryan---, not sure what you are looking there. The software components don't actually have a driver.

1.png

I will update the extension with the changes I made for services.

What @Ferather is trying to say;
" If you have any ideas on improving the app; a better sound preset to use, or anything alike - please do contribute "
With love from the UcaKe