• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DTS DCH Driver for Realtek HDA [DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive]

Its ok don't worry, I've had some issues in the past with it. I will DM you for TeamViewer. It's better that I remove it, even if people cant really use it properly.

Edit: Thankyou for your feedback

----

DTS DCH 6.0.9147.4 (Signed) - See post 1 for the downloads and guide.

Emergency update in regards to above, removed 'RTKHDAUD.dat', added instructions to make your own. Added code to clean-up past installs of DTS.
Please use the 'Policy Installer' I made to install your created 'RTKHDAUD.dat' with future updates, it comes with the one I am using.

----

To use the preset updater, delete the files inside the folders 'APO3' and-or 'APO4', then replace them with ones you want to use, then double click install.
Please make sure the folders have files inside them, else the installer will delete files, but copy nothing, resulting with no preset.

----

1619999743158.png
1620000025084.png

Last edited:
The post above addressed this issue: DTS DCH 6.0.9147.4 - My apologies. I will not be adding 'RTKHDAUD.dat' in the future, this will now have to be built by you one time .
Each chip and manufacture of the motherboard, will hard-code a driver policy into the system, drivers normally don't come with a 'RTKHDAUD.dat'.

The reason I distributed one was to unlock a few options most policies will have turned off (not normally DTS), and for ease of use.

Edit: Apparently my Gigabyte ALC889 is very robust, as no options result in BSOD, again I apologize.

----

How to create your own policy + how to use the policy installer: https://streamable.com/y0y9iz

----

Also note for APO4, I enabled distortion protection and anti clipping to stereo, previously only on multichannel. I had this change in the previous Acer preset, now its Asus.

----

Updated the 'Preset Updater', the folders no longer need to be populated, instead it will first check for a .xml file before deleting and installing.

Last edited:
Thanks, I will look into it, unfortunately I am unable to put any changes into the .dat anymore due to issues with later ALC chips.
I am also hoping that if you create-export your own policy, it should already work as the OEM intended.

Please let me know if the issue is resolved with DTS DCH 6.0.9147.4 (no custom policy).

Last edited:

nonick

No luck with my own policy. I think it can be related with APO driver.
I remember if I install APO (with equalizer APO, expermental) driver on OEM dirvers, issue appear too.
1620070096399.png

Edit:
I checked same extra policy settings for now it worked.

Last edited:
Alright, thanks for the info, I am using SFX/MFX when it comes to E-APO, for me it seems to work always. I am not sure why, I will see what I can do.
As a side note, if you go to the policy editor, then search for AEC, you should be able to find some extra options to try.

1620071445016.png

nonick

Thanks. Very appreciated for your help. For now, would be ok how it is :D at least is possible make it work (playing around with settings) :D

dongeg97

@Ferather @everyone
with DTS ULTRA in the special audio settings (where is the windows sonic too) my headphones volume is so low, so I’m about to buy an audio card, can someone tell me if third party audio cards works with the DTS driver ? Or is just the onboard ? Thanks a lot

Just Realtek (onboard). I guess you maxed the level for headphones? Mine comes out quite loud. It's possible to add gain to low volume headphones with E-APO.

Please...What are the differences between HDXRT.inf vs HDXRT2.inf vs HDXRT4.inf. (DTS DCH 6.0.9147.4 ):eek:
Thanks.

@dongeg97

Good to know, thanks for the feedback. E-APO is not only the best upmixer I found, it actually increases performance with Realtek devices.
The downside is that it does not support composite mode, only single exclusive APO mode, so it can be annoying.

====

@xela

You should really just double click install, HDXRT.inf (Most ALC's), HDXRT2.inf (ALC 8XX), HDXRT4.inf (ALC 12XX):

1620132392771.png

I highly suggest using it, it will also clean past DTS data.

----

Optional: Once you have installed the driver, you can build and export your OEM driver policy, editing it if you want.

If you wish, you can take the whole driver and add Dolby, as you did before. I will be adding Dolby Atmos in the future, so maybe we can work together?
I intend to make it an optional extension, so it doesn't cause issues, but I will most likely need to tweak it for performance.

Yes of coarse, unless you mean SPDIF, as its setup for multichannel. You can setup SPDIF as stereo, using the 'Interactive [On-Off].reg' in the 'DTS Settings.7z' download.

You will need to translate the written Readme.txt.

dongeg97

@Ferather I'm so sorry to tell you that my feedback was not positive. i didn't noticed that e-apo (i simply installed and make +10db on config) disasbled all enhancements on the DTS driver. maybe i did something wrong.
P.s. is upgrading dts worth it?

Last edited:
Very odd, I've never had that issue. Perhaps it's because E-APO was on a different configuration before. I do know the EQ and convolution features don't work on all Realtek ALC's.
For me its pre-mix, no post-mix, SFX/MFX. The latest update also has a cleaning feature, which will delete DTS data from previous installs, including added presets.

Dim

Hello, I ve a newbie question, is it possible to use dts ultra with 6 speakers analog? because when i put dts it goes to stereo and it buzzes in my rear and side speaker. Thanks

Hello, I ve a newbie question, is it possible to use dts ultra with 6 speakers analog? because when i put dts it goes to stereo and it buzzes in my rear and side speaker. Thanks
Open up Ferather's document with Device Registry Keys, look for the "5.1" entry and enter it where due with APO Tool :)

Reactions: Dim
@Dim, that sounds like spatial mode is on. Turn it off, then make sure your speakers are setup as multichannel.
Also note, if you open the Sound Unbound app, it will automatically set to stereo + spatial.

1620219580693.png

----
----

Did you install and open Sound Unbound before installing Ultra? I'm not quite sure how it got stuck on otherwise.

====

If you see the following image below, please follow the guide on Post 1 to remove past installs, notably those from Alan Finotty.
In the event you are having difficulty, message me and be ready to use TeamViewer, and make a restore point.

1620226983270.png

It has nothing do to with what ALC you have.

----

Edit: After going through a PC with TeamViewer, Windows its self can have an issue, and fails to load APO4 service.

1620232561054.png

No known fixes at this time, other than a full clean re-install.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dim

Dim

OK I ve noticed when I launch Sound Unbound it sets to stereo. So I set up to 7.1 in windows' sound parameter and it s good? It says in DTS ultra it is active but I can t change to automatic, music, voice, etc... when I clic it does nothing. I ve used the .reg file... but don t know if it has done something... thanks for your help

Attachments

• 1620232119857.png
    1620232119857.png
    859.4 KB · Views: 279
Yes that is correct, when in multichannel mode (5.1, 6.1, 7.1), it will display the screen you posted, and the stereo features automatically disable.
If you keep the app open as you displayed it, then switch to stereo, you will see the app changes to stereo mode.

----

The reg files are for HDMI-DP and SPDIF (Interactive), they are not required on analogue, sorry for any confusion.

Dim

ok i ve reinstalled and it s correct when i switch to stereo the app changes. But when i change spacial sound to dts it goes to stereo and it buzzes in my rear and side speakers, is it normal? Thanks a lot

Last edited: