• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DTS DCH Driver for Realtek HDA [DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive]

Evo82

Bit of trial and error, some chips (and sometimes Windows) have bugs, I suggest main first, check SPDIF playback in sound unbound, if it plays you're good to go.
Else your chip (or Windows) does not like the settings, you should then use the alternative, it will make SPDIF more generic, but should work.
Okay thanks. I selected Main, but following the instructions in POST 1, I didn't get prompted to restart Windows

"Double click install, wait for Windows to tell you to restart, wait 5-10 seconds then restart."

So I waited about a minute then restarted, should I have waited longer? It said click any key to continue .... Then it closed the command prompt

After restarting I couldn't find this path. 'WIN10\APPS\UWP_Store\' to install the two .inf files.

"Inside the folder 'WIN10\APPS\UWP_Store\' you will find two .inf files, install them.
They are required to install the relevant app, example Ultra."

I did go to DTS DCH 6.0.9172.1\APPS and installed dtsapo4xultrahsa.inf ... Let me know if that was the right step.

Then I went and installed DTSInc.DTSXUltra_1.10.1.0_nuetral.......AppxBundle

But I feel like I might be missing something. My PC is still offline. When can I safely bring it back online?

Unfortunately I am not able to edit that post, I will contact an admin and get something sorted. I apologize.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/dts-dch-driver-for-realtek-dts-x.279972/post-4523821

DTS DCH 6.0.9172.1 (Signed, Rebuilt)

Added an alternative inf, for ALC's that don't work well with programmed SPDIF and HDMI interface associations (some chips have bugs, and-or issues).
Enabled mode specific preset equalizers, changing modes with ultra is more noticeable, updated the configuration properties.

If you prefer another driver version, the Ferather preset, DTS presets and updater can be found here.

----

Here is a much cleaner way to install-update the drivers, right click uninstall in 'device manager', tick 'delete driver', pnputil to remove the extension (see post 1).
In 'device manager' again, in 'system devices' disable 'High Definition Audio Controller', I have two and its the first one, restart, install, enable.

View attachment 203249

====

So here is the summary version of the pop we all get with abrupt stop or starts of audio.

Audio [with pop] --> Audio rendering device --> Speakers [with pop].

What we need is for Windows to manage audio better before it reaches the device.
Alternatively, an SFX, MFX or EFX that specifically addresses the pop.

====

I have attached a bonus list of SSTPPCfg, as seen in 6.0.9172.1 (if you are interested).
If you have any issues with speakers or headphones, please post.

The ';;8' comment is an edit, it suppresses pop in some cases.

Attachments

• SSTPPCfg.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Unfortunately I am not able to edit that post, I will contact an admin and get something sorted. I apologize.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/dts-dch-driver-for-realtek-dts-x.279972/post-4523821

====

So here is the summary version of the pop we all get with abrupt stop or starts of audio.

Audio [with pop] --> Audio rendering device --> Speakers [with pop].

What we need is for Windows to manage audio better before it reaches the device.
Alternatively, an SFX, MFX or EFX that specifically addresses the pop.

====

I have attached a bonus list of SSTPPCfg, as seen in 6.0.9172.1 (if you are interested).
If you have any issues with speakers or headphones, please post.

The ';;8' comment is an edit, it suppresses pop in some cases.
This file what use? In a Inf file?

Yes, that's for other driver writers and-or modders. Tomorrow if you like we can do Teamviewer and I will unlock DTS:X with your mobo driver.

In this archive - inf files for Intel SST Audio Bus and for Intel SST OED

Attachments

• IntcAudioBus.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IntcOED.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 67
No worries, I can unlock DTS:X on Windows drivers, and probably other devices such as Creative or Conexant. Using the DTS DCH.zip I provided and edits etc.

What options in my uefi? Mo Bo asrock h310cm-dvs for DTS and other APO? I using modded and unlocked UEFI

Thats fine, just download but dont install TeamViewer (can be used without installing), and make a restore point (or partition backup if preferred).

Mod this files please and include this in a Your Driver Pack for next release.Thanks

Well I updated the pack I posted, I will look into an inf file, however if you know what to do the pack I made above will work.

----

Ok so here are the instructions in the easiest form, double click 'install', job done, now in /TOOLS, you will find two .reg files.
You need to modify the {Device-ID} bit, here is a video to help, then restore the registry entries.

Using FX, you will most likely need to move the SFX, MFX, EFX, keys to composite.

1.png

For non-Realtek, you will need to edit the preset.inf:

[AzaliaManufacturerID.NTamd64]
%Device.ExtensionDesc% = IntcAzAudModel,INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC
%Device.ExtensionDesc% = IntcAzAudModel,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC

Then disable driver signing.

Last edited:
Thanks. Include Intel SST Bus and Intel OED Driver in the next release of Your Driver Pack! Many Thanks

I can confirm the DTS DCH Ultra pack works on MS drivers (no EFX, not supported), With my GPU I was able to copy the processing mode key into EFX and it works.
Also working on X-FI, it uses LFX-GFX, so you need to move the SFX to LFX, MFX to GFX, EFX is unchanged.

1.png

====

Interactive requires EFX support, here is a driver level composite and processing:

Analogue:

HKR,InterfaceSetting\SysCustomizedFx\FX\0,%PKEY_CompositeFX_StreamEffectClsid%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%DTS_SFX_CLSID%,%REALTEK_SFX_CLSID%
HKR,InterfaceSetting\SysCustomizedFx\FX\0,%PKEY_CompositeFX_ModeEffectClsid%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%DTS_MFX_CLSID%,%REALTEK_MFX_CLSID%
HKR,InterfaceSetting\SysCustomizedFx\FX\0,%PKEY_CompositeFX_EndpointEffectClsid%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%DTS_EFX_CLSID%,%REALTEK_EFX_CLSID%
HKR,InterfaceSetting\SysCustomizedFx\FX\0,%PKEY_SFX_ProcessingModes_Supported_For_Streaming%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%AUDIO_SIGNALPROCESSINGMODE_DEFAULT%
HKR,InterfaceSetting\SysCustomizedFx\FX\0,%PKEY_MFX_ProcessingModes_Supported_For_Streaming%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%AUDIO_SIGNALPROCESSINGMODE_DEFAULT%
HKR,InterfaceSetting\SysCustomizedFx\FX\0,%PKEY_EFX_ProcessingModes_Supported_For_Streaming%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%AUDIO_SIGNALPROCESSINGMODE_DEFAULT%

Digital:

HKR,InterfaceSetting\SysCustomizedFx_DTS\FX\0,%PKEY_CompositeFX_StreamEffectClsid%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%DTS_SFX_CLSID%,%REALTEK_SFX_CLSID%
HKR,InterfaceSetting\SysCustomizedFx_DTS\FX\0,%PKEY_CompositeFX_ModeEffectClsid%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%DTS_MFX_CLSID%,%REALTEK_MFX_CLSID%
HKR,InterfaceSetting\SysCustomizedFx_DTS\FX\0,%PKEY_CompositeFX_EndpointEffectClsid%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%DTS_EFX_51_CLSID%,%DTS_Encoder_CLSID%
HKR,InterfaceSetting\SysCustomizedFx_DTS\FX\0,%PKEY_SFX_ProcessingModes_Supported_For_Streaming%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%AUDIO_SIGNALPROCESSINGMODE_DEFAULT%
HKR,InterfaceSetting\SysCustomizedFx_DTS\FX\0,%PKEY_MFX_ProcessingModes_Supported_For_Streaming%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%AUDIO_SIGNALPROCESSINGMODE_DEFAULT%
HKR,InterfaceSetting\SysCustomizedFx_DTS\FX\0,%PKEY_EFX_ProcessingModes_Supported_For_Streaming%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%AUDIO_SIGNALPROCESSINGMODE_DEFAULT%

Last edited:
System Name FireBreather
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7950x
Motherboard CrossHair Extreme x670E
Cooling Asus RoG Strix LC2 360 AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR5 6000 CL30-40-40-96 1.40
Video Card(s) 7900 XTX Taichi
Storage 3x- PCI-E 4.0 Nvme 2TB 7GB/s - 2TB N7 USB-3.1 Nvme 1GB/s
Display(s) ASUS - VG259QM 2k 280hz HDR - LG-C1 4K 120hz OLED with Dobly vison
Case ROG Helios
Audio Device(s) SupremeFX ALC4082 codec, and an integrated ESS® ES9218 quad DAC
Power Supply HX1500i - 1500Watt
Mouse Corsair Dark Core
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 11 pro
Benchmark Scores Time spy - 29000 Port Royal - 17500 Cinabench R23 - ST = 2150 MT = 40000
ill give new driver a try this weekend see if it fixes anything

I have a friend with an 892 that cant use the latest Realtek drivers, but can with MS drivers, or older Realtek ones, so you might have the same issue.
If you do, you will need to stick to versions that work, where updates may or may not work for your ALC.

goaway

i dont use realtek but instead using hdmi via nvidia hdaudio. i am unable to install dts ultra as per instructions on the main page. is there a way to install only the hdmi as i am connected via earc and i cant get it to work

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    66.8 KB · Views: 62
You need to install the Apps .inf file located in /APPS/

1623394320449.png

====

My ALC889, Z906 (5.1 speakers) and Interactive:X (5.1 encoder) - [SPDIF - Toslink]:

[ALC889, Z906] - PCM, 192Khz, 32bit (not float), 8 channels, +50mbps - Sent - Received - Not processed by my Z906, essentially turns off, confused.
[ALC889, Z906] - PCM, 192Khz, 32bit (not float), 6 channels, +36mbps - Sent - Received - Z906 only processes 2 channels, stereo mode enables.

[Interactive:X] - PCM, 192Khz, 32bit (float), 8 channels, +50mbps - Sent - Received - Not processed properly, noisy.
[Interactive:X] - PCM, 192Khz, 32bit (float), 6 channels, +36mbps - Sent - Received - Fully processed.

Last edited:

goaway

You need to install the Apps .inf file located in /APPS/

the 1st step i install the main dts dch drivers which is for realtek, after that i did the installation of dtsx ultra app(sucessfully). upon completion i did the registry edit for hdmi and restart. upon restart my nvidia hdaudio still detects dolby atmos for home theater. there is no dtsx for selection. not sure why but doesnt seems to work for me

Use the HDMI-DP files on your Intel SST, follow this video but with Intel SST. Check it uses EFX, remove EFX line if not. Make a restore point.

Yes, just disable store updates, the app will self license, the updates wont:

1623396399317.png

You will also need to use the HDMI-DP files, and guide.

goaway

Yes, just disable store updates, the app will self license, the updates wont:

View attachment 203382

You will also need to use the HDMI-DP files, and guide.
where can i find the hdmi-dp files and guide? idont see it in the d/l link

ps: i got the dtsx to work after installing sound unbound. many thanks

The one above (MediaFire), 'DTS Settings', make a restore point first. Once done, in the the driver install folder is /TOOLS/ with FX config.
My GPU can use EFX, some may not, some cards may also be using LFX-GFX and not SFX-MFX (swap).

Restart the computer, then switch audio device to speakers or headphones, then HDMI for Ultra.
The multichannel version will enable freely without the switch trick.

Edit: See the posts above for more info.

Last edited: