• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DTS DCH Driver for Realtek HDA [DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive]

System Name Ghost Spectre Asus ROG Z390F Gaming
Processor Intel Core i3 9100F
Motherboard ASUS ROG Z390 F Gaming
Cooling Corsair LL120 RGB LED PWM Fan's
Memory 32GB 3200er CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB
Video Card(s) Geforce GTX ****
Storage Seagate Barracuda and Sandisk SSD combinated RAID 0 Striping
Display(s) Two Samsung Displays (1 Digital Tv and 1 older Analog 2ms gaming Monitor) + Smart Tv
Case Rare Oldschool NZXT LED Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) Creative IRoar Rock with Subwoofer & Logitech Z906
Mouse Hyrican RGB Set
Keyboard Hyrican RGB Set
Software Ghost Spectre's Modded Windows 11 & much more stuff
Benchmark Scores Not tested yet
@Ferather
no no, I didn't get them specifically for it
I will still use it, is already there during the day
But it all sounds very promising
dolby digital and dts digital sound are probably a bit dusty but you can still do a lot with them in relation to 5.1.
APO3, APO4, PCEE4 and DS1 are very adaptable, I will definitely have fun with it anyway
it's more about surround and not about immersive audio.

Edit: Thanks for the information :oops:

@root7hk, you can take a screenshot of FX Config, with composite SFX, MFX, EFX showing? If not copy and paste the keys inside the boxes on the left, with their names (SFX and so on).
I just checked stereo, and for me the EQ's are working, if I raise all bars to max, I can hear the changes. I would guess there might be a problem elsewhere, I am not sure.

====

DTS DCH 6.0.9264.1 - Re-uploaded, see post 1. In terms of TBHDX on stereo, I am waiting for a tech update, core DTS files are the latest.
I quick tested all features with the latest Ultra app, Custom modes should be working as intended, no other issues.

Last edited:

root7hk

@Ferather
hello brother this was how I installed the DTS: X Ultra,
Can you see where I was wrong?
only DTS Sound Unbound works
I can't get DTS: X Ultra to work
dts.jpg

First you dont need to use the stereo reg file on SPDIF, install alternative, you didn't restart the PC, not sure I follow the rest of the video sorry, you just seem to turn it on-off :S

If you like tomorrow we can use TeamViewer, and I can show you every step, and talk to you. Off is actually an active mode, running at minimum.

Last edited:

root7hk

@Fereather
I made a mistake in SPDIF and I corrected it at that moment I assigned the guid to my speakers
And now I know I had to select the alternative
if I restart my computer, I will try to install the alternative
How do I contact you in TeamViewer?

Message me tomorrow :) See you then. The reg files are for HDMI-USB or virtual devices (not Realtek), or if you want to switch between stereo and DTS on SPDIF (optional).

DTS DCH 6.0.9264.1 - Re-uploaded, see post 1. In terms of TBHDX on stereo, I am waiting for a tech update, core DTS files are the latest.
I quick tested all features with the latest Ultra app, Custom modes should be working as intended, no other issues.
@Everyone, Let me know if you find any issues. Reminder: Buy a Sound Unbound license, I dont accept donates, and I like updates.

Display(s) Two Samsung Displays (1 Digital Tv and 1 older Analog 2ms gaming Monitor) + Smart Tv
Mouse Hyrican RGB Set
Keyboard Hyrican RGB Set
@Ferather :cool:a642350d-ef4f-4b67-8327-2e5ff8ec0c85.jpg

Edit: do you actually know why Turtle Beach is so represented in the ultra xml's?

Last edited:
If you mean TBHDX, It's not turtle beach, hehe, its bass control HDX. Its enabled when you tick the bass boost option with custom, or if enabled on a mode.
Tip: If in the preset its has a min, max level, then the feature uses a slider bar, which you can see when using custom mode.

I have the original Z906, the badge at the bottom of the speakers is different to yours, interesting. Mine are 10 years old, still as new.
I suggest SPDIF-Toslink, although it does have SPDIF-Coaxial, try not to use analogue, so you can use the internal DAC.

I am using my GPU, it has no DAC that I am aware of, using an HDMI extractor to Toslink (no SPDIF).

Note: Toslink is not only using light speeds, its also immune to emi-rfi, in addition, the two units are conductively isolated.

IMG_20211224_104332.jpg

Last edited:
Mouse Hyrican RGB Set
Keyboard Hyrican RGB Set
yes exactly, I always thought that had something to do with turtle beach and completely misinterpreted it hehe.
I definitely plan to use toslink either directly from the tv or directly from the mainboard via ALC S1220A let's see what does better, the idea with the extractor sounds interesting too.
you're right the badges are different :p
20211226_095154~2.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoy blowing your ears off, and a reminder, if the audio sounds a bit lossy or bad, its because it is that bad.
With the driver etc, you totally hear the difference between superb, good, and bad audio.

Edit: Forgot to mention, if you want to use plug in headphones, use the head unit (right side).

Last edited:
It seems dts ultra is not working properly.
i dont hear any change when i change the modes.

Last edited:
That shouldn't be possible, do you have time for TeamViewer either later or tomorrow?

----

If you are using an OEM custom setup, and the driver is not suitable, install the correct driver, and use this pack, see post 1 of that thread.

Update: DTS DCH 6.0.9282.1 (Signed) - See post 1, if you need any help or have questions, please ask, or message me.

6.0.9282.1.png

Last edited:
@root7hk, just looking over your posts and video again. I will try to explain a few things, which will also hopefully help others as well as yourself.
  • DSP/Audio Processor (software) > Physical audio device (examples, Realtek, AMD GPU) > SFX, MFX, EFX > Audio out.
Both Ultra (APO4) and Sound Unbound can-do work at the DSP point, most notably with Sound Unbound.
Sound Unbound for example, can be installed on any Windows PC, no driver requirements.

Ultra comes with SFX, MFX, EFX and additional processing (essentially DSP), the APO4 preset manages SFX, MFX, EFX.
The Ultra modes mostly change the spatial mode that is being used, and some minor tweaks per mode.

The difference between off (which is also an active mode, like music), and music is minimal, and with Sound Unbound on, always with spatial.

----

Try changing the mode to say movie or game, and let me know, also at the top right of the app is EQ, press it, or try custom.
You can also use the Ultra app with and without Sound Unbound enabled, you will notice the difference.

The newer Sound Unbound app has 3 modes, when using its spatial engine, none is speakers.
With the Ultra app, if you select custom, top right of the mode is a cog, press it.

Last edited:
I noticed on my HDMI monitor that was not reg locked (Local - Read, System - Read, Myself - Full), was going wonky and the DTS service crashed-closed.
Turns out my previous tests on my Extractor passed due the reg lock, and the newer controller will spit out 'no form factor' and crash.

I have uploaded the older controller (post 1), with easy instructions (stop the service if needed), and will work on the issue.
Analogue (Speakers-Headphones) are not effected, only SPDIF-HDMI, due to form factor.

1640894709303.png

----

Current bug (HDMI-SPDIF):

Passing the form factor (speakers-headphones), see here, still works, however if you forget, and open the app, the service will crash (just restart it).
Another option for HDMI-SPDIF, other, is to setup a virtual DTS passthrough, using VAC, and the HDAUDIO trick.

====

I found a more permanent fix for HDMI-SPDIF, by changing it's form factor, restarting the service, waiting, then changing it back.
I have made a pack that will do this for you on start-up, or on demand by making a shortcut, here is a guide:

Right click and edit the .reg files, NRM is normal (original), SPK is speaker, and add the GUID(s).
You can add multiple devices, in my case I added AMD HDMI and Realtek SPDIF.

1640966785762.png

I have added a 'Editing.txt' for the original form factors. Save the files, then copy the 'Fixes' folder to 'C:\Windows\'.
Now open 'Task Scheduler', and import the 'HDMI-SPDIF.xml', (I created a new folder called Fixes).

Now the .bat file will run on user login, you can also create a shortcut of the bat, and enable run as admin.

1640967118296.png

HDMI-SPDIF.png

If a device is updated-uninstalled, you will need to replace the .reg files.

----

Enjoy! I am taking a break for a bit.

----

Attachments

• DTS APO.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Added hidden run version option, no command prompt box.
Edit the timer in 'HDMI-SPDIF.bat' if needed.

Last edited:
Currently I am looking to get SPDIF to be default 'External-Speakers', although I am not sure I can achieve it. Currently I am looking at the end point properties.
Other than the above, you should find the current package is bug free and fully functional, DTS programmed the SPDIF-HDMI bit, not me.

They most likely don't support SPDIF-HDMI form factor in Ultra in order to push their DTS:X HT on HDMI-SPDIF.

Mouse Hyrican RGB Set
Keyboard Hyrican RGB Set
Hey Fer, I think you overlooked something, you forgot to change 2019 to 2021 and the "Inc." at the end.
(HDXRT.inf)
Screenshot_9.png In this case not decisive but I have noticed that incorrect information there can lead to, for example. DTS interactive is no longer displayed

Added shutdown-restart safeguard. Set the .bat file wait time to 6 seconds, adjust to suit.

Last edited:
Re-uploaded: DTS DCH 6.0.9282.1 (Signed), changes:

• HDMI-SPDIF no longer requires a form factor in order to use APO4 with Interactive or multichannel.
  • Fixed an issue where in some cases the service would stop when pressing off in stereo.
  • Fixed several crash points when no form factor is detected, or not supported.
--

In some cases if you press the off button in stereo mode, you might need to minimise then restore the app to refresh it.

Last edited:
Here is the speaker placement for DTS Interactive 5.1, with virtual side (you can also do this to Speakers):

Placement 1.pngPlacement 2.png

If you need to adjust PCM (not bitstream, passthrough), you can use E-APO on SFX.

1641494743183.png

Have you tried to store version recently? If not, I will look into it, however I don't really want to steal DTS's profits, that's totally unfair.
You can't buy Ultra, its not possible, its exclusive to certain devices, the project was to unlock Ultra mostly.

A Full Sound Unbound license cost me about £16, on 10 devices, £1.60 a device (PC).

====

Why DTS don't retail DTS:X Ultra is unknown to me, and the combination of Interactive and APO4 on digital devices is outstanding.
Analogue is dead to me, and many of us use SPDIF-HDMI, so the form factor bit is rather annoying overall.

However, the main concern is audio quality, and if DTS make no profits, we get nothing.

----

If APO4 supported the form factors 8 and 9, Ultra could come bundled with GPU's, and also natively support SPDIF on Realtek.
With the Realtek APO, DTS APO4, DTS Interactive and E-APO, on multichannel I get what feels like 0ms delay.

Last edited: