• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ducky Shine 6 Keyboard

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Ducky as a brand has been synonymous with their Shine series of keyboards, and today, we take a look at the latest iteration - the Shine 6. It is an interesting blend of past and present with some hints towards the future, featuring a new ABS plastic case design, thick PBT keycaps, full 16.8M RGB backlighting supported by on-board and software controls alike, as well as accessories including a detachable cable, replacement keycaps and a mouse bungee.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:

Ferro10

8.4 seems to me a vote a little low. If we consider that a k95 costs the same price but with keycaps in ABS.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
8.4 seems to me a vote a little low. If we consider that a k95 costs the same price but with keycaps in ABS.

True, but CUE (and now iCUE) is the rare exception when it comes to a keyboard (and now unified) software driver that is a plus point in my books. That said, I feel like the customer opting for a Shine series keyboard will find the new Shine 7 a lot more attractive.

Ferro10

I understand the reasoning but if I have to choose between higher quality and a complete program, I would have no doubts about what to choose. definitely better quality

Reactions: VSG

Space Lynx

Astronaut

FOr $145 you can pre-order the Wooting Two, which is equal in quality to this keyboard, but supports full Analog, so when you press down W in the Witcher 3, or Prey, or Dishonored, you walk, then run, similar to using an analog PS4 or Xbox Controller, instead of all or nothing... personally I would go with the Wooting Two as it enhances the gaming experience (imo)

Reactions: VSG

Ferro10

FOr $145 you can pre-order the Wooting Two, which is equal in quality to this keyboard, but supports full Analog, so when you press down W in the Witcher 3, or Prey, or Dishonored, you walk, then run, similar to using an analog PS4 or Xbox Controller, instead of all or nothing... personally I would go with the Wooting Two as it enhances the gaming experience (imo)

I know the Wooting Two and I am well aware that it is a good keyboard but the problem is that in EU is not found and therefore I have to pay VAT + customs fees.
the final cost exceeds $ 200

I find the ducky shine 6 in Europe at a cost of € 149 including shipping costs.