1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DVD Format Movie burning?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by @RaXxaa@, Oct 4, 2009.

1. @RaXxaa@ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello everyone, i just dont get something, i have movies which i pefer to see on a big screen than a small one, i need to burn them on a dvd with the right format so that it works with a dvd player on my main screen, but it just dont seem to be the right format to work, can anyone suggest fast and easy to use software that i can use to burn movie in a proper dvd format? :confused: by the way the movie itself is avi format

2. lemode

Thanks Received:
    Needs to be encoded in MPEG-2 format to play on DVD players.

3. angelkiller

angelkiller

Thanks Received:
    Just some expansion on this:

Yes, moves on DVDs are encoded in MPEG-2 for the video and AC-3 for the audio. So your avi file needs to be encoded as such.

Also, .avi is not a format. avi is simply a container for video and audio streams. For example I could have an avi file that contains an Xvid video stream and MP3 audio.

As to actually getting your movie files on a DVD, you will need a program that is able to encode to Mpeg-2. I do not know of any that are free.

4. lemode

Thanks Received:
    i use GUI4FFMPEG which is free and can batch and you can encode for ntsc and or pal. Click the name to download it.

5. @RaXxaa@ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great free soft , what else is needed!! THX ALL