• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

E-ATX Motherboard

EAGLE12426

Good evening to everyone on this site. Another question about the case I have. I had bought a Thermaltake Tempered Glass Core X-71 case that I was going to use for my wife's build. That changed as of yesterday and she wants me to just buy her a pre-built computer. So my question is about the Core X-71 case. Does anyone know if a E-ATX motherboard will fit into it? Since I have the case and since she wants a already built computer now, I figured I would just use it instead of selling it. Well, thank you all in advance for your answers. Oh, yes the wife is doing good if anyone was wondering. Thanks again and please be safe and GOD BLESS!

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
You can find this out by going to the case website and checking specifications. EATX isn't listed.

EAGLE12426

You can find this out by going to the case website and checking specifications. EATX isn't listed.

Thank you sir for that info. Yes that's where I went to to get the case specs before I bought it. Just thought by chance someone had tried it and did it. Thanks again sir!

System Name Rainbow puke/ Orange Poop
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600/ AMD Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard ASRock X570 Gaming 4s/ ASRock B450- pro 4 atx
Cooling Cooler master Master Air/ Corsair H110i
Memory 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHZ
Video Card(s) Zotac 2080 Super AMP
Storage Corsair 512gb PCI-E 4.0/ 960 EVO 500gb/256gb Inland Premium 2280 M2
Display(s) ACER 144hz 27"
Case Thermaltake Commander C33/ Radimax Gama (LoL)
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse Red Dragon RGB 602 Griffin
Keyboard Razer Deatstalker
Software Windows 10Pro x64

EAGLE12426

AMD

Intel

Nevermind you're not asking that...and no it does not.
oh ok, thanks, I think. Yes I know about NEWEGG been on there many times and had gotten some things. What was I going to quote you on? Not sure I understood that. Thanks again for the information though!

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel i5-9600KF
Motherboard NZXT N7 Z370 Black
Cooling Cooler Master 240 RGB AIO / Stock
Memory Thermaltake Toughram 16GB 4400MHz DDR4 or Gigabyte 16GB 3600MHz DDR4 or Adata 8GB 2133Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Asus Dual 1060 6GB
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
It will fit although not officially listed.

EAGLE12426

It will fit although not officially listed.
OK THANKS GREAT!!

System Name Rainbow puke/ Orange Poop
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600/ AMD Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard ASRock X570 Gaming 4s/ ASRock B450- pro 4 atx
Cooling Cooler master Master Air/ Corsair H110i
Memory 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHZ
Video Card(s) Zotac 2080 Super AMP
Storage Corsair 512gb PCI-E 4.0/ 960 EVO 500gb/256gb Inland Premium 2280 M2
Display(s) ACER 144hz 27"
Case Thermaltake Commander C33/ Radimax Gama (LoL)
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse Red Dragon RGB 602 Griffin
Keyboard Razer Deatstalker
Software Windows 10Pro x64
That is an awfully nice case you got there.
If you don't mind me asking, What are your plans?

EAGLE12426

That is an awfully nice case you got there.
If you don't mind me asking, What are your plans?
Well I was going to build my wife a gaming one. She plays games but not the kind that are aaa games or what ever you would call them. She has LUPUS and I wanted to do that for her before she can NO LONGER play her games. She told me to just buy her one that's already built. So I'm going to do that and use this case for my build that I was going to do years ago

The x71 is a great case. Ive been using one for several years and 3 or 4 builds so far.
Caring1 is correct it will accomodate an eatx mb but it will cover up the cable pass throughs. Its not an issue due to there being so much extra room for cables in the case. There are so many option in this case it will make building in it a breeze. Have fun!
Your a good man Eagle, way to take care of your lady.

EAGLE12426

I'm new to this site so forgive me if I'm posting things wrong on replying to anyone
Well I was going to build my wife a gaming one. She plays games but not the kind that are aaa games or what ever you would call them. She has LUPUS and I wanted to do that for her before she can NO LONGER play her games. She told me to just buy her one that's already built. So I'm going to do that and use this case for my build that I was going to do years ago
Still trying to get the hang of it
The x71 is a great case. Ive been using one for several years and 3 or 4 builds so far.
Caring1 is correct it will accomodate an eatx mb but it will cover up the cable pass throughs. Its not an issue due to there being so much extra room for cables in the case. There are so many option in this case it will make building in it a breeze. Have fun!
Your a good man Eagle, way to take care of your lady.
Thank you maxfly on you telling me about the e-atx board. aslo Thank you "MAXFLY" for your comment on my lady. She is everything to me. Have a great night everyone!

System Name cvasi-rocket
Processor AMD Ryzen R3 3300X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Scythe Mugen 2
Memory SK Hynix , PC4-17000 4x8GB @3200MHz C16-16-16-39 2T , 1.37V
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 5700XT 50th Anniversary Edition
Storage 480 GB Corsair MP510 | Kingston A400 480 GB SSD
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp U2410 | HP 24x
Case Silverstone Raven RV05 white
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus PX-550
Mouse Trust
Keyboard wireless , Logitech
Software W102004
The cot-outs with groments will be almost entirely coverd by an ssi-ceb( e-atx) form factor motherboard in that core x-71 chassis, thus the 24pin power to the mb would have to be routed trought the case and not the backside coming trough the cut-outs, you could still get some sata cables trough there but that's gonna be pretty much it.

EAGLE12426

The cot-outs with groments will be almost entirely coverd by an ssi-ceb( e-atx) form factor motherboard in that core x-71 chassis, thus the 24pin power to the mb would have to be routed trought the case and not the backside coming trough the cut-outs, you could still get some sata cables trough there but that's gonna be pretty much it.
thank you. just got on here tonight. thanks again. I guess I'll stick with a ATX board then