• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

E7200, which temps are correct?

nomad

I will give that a try now with a little higher FSB, doing those settings;
Here are my current settings for 3.81 GHz
CPU Ratio 9.5 on auto
FSB Strap to NB 333MHz
FSB Freq 400
PCIE Freq Auto
DRAM Freq Auto
DRAM Timing 4-4-4-15-auto
Clock Over-Charging Mode 0.90V
CPU/PCIE Spread Spectrum Disabled
CPU Voltage 1.4125V
rest auto

Now What I will try
Above same
CPU Voltage Reference 0.63x
CPU Damper Enable (no change)
PLL Voltage: Auto (but i believe to be 1.6 if this is VIN1 in CPU-z)
DRAM Voltage 2.10 (same as auto)
NB Voltage Reference Auto (0.67x, 0.61x)
SB Voltage: Auto (1.05V, 1.20V)

So basically no changes yet, just to confirm the basic settings you have with a quick 2 minutes ORTHOS, if it is wrong it should break within those 2 minutes, then I will slowly increase the FSB and see what happen.

Hope this make senses...

---

I just love your temp, what is your room temp? here i need a fan not to sweat...
Real Temp 2.70 after 2 minutes of Orthos; 67/27 and 67/28 with min 46/46 and max 68/67

---

Now with Small FFTs - stress CPU, the proc temp reached 71C with peak at 71. TJ 24/25.
CPU Voltage droped to 1.38V from 1.40V max, humm, i guess the pencil mod need redo... later..

---

FSB 425, VCORE unchanged

BIOS boot ok, Windows corrupted... reset... no boot, power off then
back on, BIOS increase VCORE 1.425V, Damper disabled
BIOS boot ok, Windows corrupted...
FSB 415
BIOS boot ok, Windows boot ok, oops no desktop icons, some apps not starting... or actually very slow .. Idle 99% ...

Have any pointers?

---

Damper Enable, SB 1.20V, PCIe 100 (Forced minimum) still the same.

Boot to OS X now, no problems, boot fine and XBench (w/o disk) score 351 over 333 from before).

Maybe my windows is more sensitive or got corrupted... or the IDE drive cannot follow...

I'll do couple more tests

Last edited:

nomad

Now increased FSB V. to 1.34

humm, it seem that Avast is my problem... needed to be re-registered... damn

Now: Clock Over-Charging Mode 1.00V
CPU Voltage 1.4250
CPU Voltage Reference 0.63x
Damper Disabled
PLL Voltage 1.62V
DRAM 2.20V
FSB Termination Voltage 1.34V
NB Voltage 1.45V
NB Voltage Ref. 0.67x
SB Voltage Auto

Good boot, windows ok, ORTHOS seem good too... for only 27 seconds... on small FFTs... DAMN
But ok on Gromacs core.

Ok, enough for tonight, I hope someone can reply and point me what to do.

Now my AVCC is at 3.38V, VIN1/VIN2 at 1.64
VCORE 1.42 and Min/Max at 1.40/1.42

but not stable...

System Name Main
Processor e7200 Wolfdale 2.5Ghz OC @ 3.0
Motherboard BioStar TP43D2-A7 ATX Board
Cooling ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm
Memory 4G's G.Skill PC 6400 800 Mhz
Video Card(s) ATI Sapphire HD 4870 10.6 drivers
Storage WD 80GB/WD 160GB SATA 3.0 Drive / WD 1TB
Case COOLER MASTER Centurion
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Japanese Brand 550w
Software Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 10712- Old score 3DMark06 10955- New Comp
Hiya all, well I upgrade some stuff mainly my motherboard and CPU which are listed in my computer spec profile, with that CoreTemp reads my temps at 47c-48c while RealTemp reads them at 36c-37c. Which would be most correct?

I upgrade my bios to the latest version. I posted here since my new cpu is a 7200 wolfdale. Any info would be great! :)

nomad

kuroikenshi,

It is know that the new E7200 uses 45nm technology, now for some reason which are still not clear, Intel has changed the way the sensor work/report and therefore most temperature reading tools will report wrong temps.

Apparently RealTemp (RT) is the only one that can accuratly, or at least very close, report the proper temp.

I use mine without any calibration and so far seem more accuraty than even what the BIOS is saying. I dont' know why ASUS did not put some fix in the BIOS for the 45nm temp sensors...

Some says that if you read the CPU Diode sensor, that one will give you a very good figure, even from other tool, about your temp.

What cooling system you use and what is your room temperature? 36-37 seem that you are in an A/C room with stock CPU FAN, which is very good.

My temp, from the bios and other monitoring tool had to be tweak to report alarm at 80c and even for some at 90c, while RT will report peak at 71c under very heavy load.

Hope this help

nomad

Ok, as for my status with OC'ing, well i'm back to my original settings that give me 3.81 GHz which proven to be very stable. I ran OCCT for 6 1/2 hours without errors.
Anything I touch or move out of AUTO cause the system to become unstable.

I wish there was a way to find out, after booting the "current" values of each of those settings, If someone has tools or the know how please let us know!!

I will post the results on mediafire today and share what it reported during that test.

OCCT Results PNG and JPG format now.
As you will noticed it ran for over 6 hours then i cancelled manually

PS: My room is not A/C and can get very hot at times.. I'm waiting to get a thermometer to monitor the ambient temp.

Last edited:
System Name Main
Processor e7200 Wolfdale 2.5Ghz OC @ 3.0
Motherboard BioStar TP43D2-A7 ATX Board
Cooling ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm
Memory 4G's G.Skill PC 6400 800 Mhz
Video Card(s) ATI Sapphire HD 4870 10.6 drivers
Storage WD 80GB/WD 160GB SATA 3.0 Drive / WD 1TB
Case COOLER MASTER Centurion
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Japanese Brand 550w
Software Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 10712- Old score 3DMark06 10955- New Comp
kuroikenshi,

It is know that the new E7200 uses 45nm technology, now for some reason which are still not clear, Intel has changed the way the sensor work/report and therefore most temperature reading tools will report wrong temps.

Apparently RealTemp (RT) is the only one that can accuratly, or at least very close, report the proper temp.

I use mine without any calibration and so far seem more accuraty than even what the BIOS is saying. I dont' know why ASUS did not put some fix in the BIOS for the 45nm temp sensors...

Some says that if you read the CPU Diode sensor, that one will give you a very good figure, even from other tool, about your temp.

What cooling system you use and what is your room temperature? 36-37 seem that you are in an A/C room with stock CPU FAN, which is very good.

My temp, from the bios and other monitoring tool had to be tweak to report alarm at 80c and even for some at 90c, while RT will report peak at 71c under very heavy load.

Hope this help

Nomad,

Thanks for the quick reply, as for your questions here are the answers.

What cooling system am I using?: ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm (in my system details link.

Not quite sure what my room temperature is at and I have no AC in my computer room, although that will be next on my list. I had cleaned off all the gunk from my heat sink and used the Arctic Cooling thermal paste remover set and applied new Arctic 5 on my CPU.

If RealTemp is the most accurate out of the bunch then that eases my mind. Now I am hoping that when I OC this later today that the temp wont go too far up.

nomad

Now I am hoping that when I OC this later today that the temp wont go too far up.

check the link i post, you will have what i am using now for 3.81GHz

I know of some that are running it faster, but i haven't been able to do so reliably, which might due to a warmer environment i have here or some missing settings on my mobo (or knowledge to do so...)

I had it boot up at 3.975GHz but had problems with Windows (used for benching) that was absolutly unstable.

Hope this helps