• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EA Makes it Tougher to Cancel Battlefront 2 Pre-orders

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
And this is surprising to anyone, how? People have asked why I have boycotted EA. Here you go folks..

There is however a much simpler solution then calling/chatting with EA. Call your bank or card company and either cancel the transaction, dispute the transaction once it happens or cancel the card. There's always more than one way to do things..

This is exactly what you should do

System Name Frankenstein
Processor Ryzen 9 5800X
Motherboard Asrock Z570 Phantom Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 2 x 16 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3200mhz
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE Toxic Radeon RX 6900 XT WC
Storage Corsair MP600 + 2xSamsung 860 Evo + Samsung 950 Pro + Others
Display(s) ROG SWIFT PG278Q
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo White
Audio Device(s) AudioEngine A5+ White
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME 1300W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Elite
Software Windows 10 Pro
I don't get it, why are people still pre-ordering EA Games??

HOW MANY TIMES DO COMPANIES NEED TO FU** EVERYONE IN THE ASS, for people to start seeing????

Since Origin came into being this company has only produced shit half-games with the other half for DLC.

allways on internet for single player, etc, etc...

I've been boycotting EA since 2013 Simcity fiasco and that was only bought because I was a long time lover. (excluding simcity 2013) I haven't bought anything from them since 2010.
If they make something worth my time I will find other ways to play the games.... I WILL NOT GIVE THEM MY HARD EARNED CASH FOR SHITTY HALF-GAMES.

I don't get it, why are people still pre-ordering EA Games??

HOW MANY TIMES DO COMPANIES NEED TO FU** EVERYONE IN THE ASS, for people to start seeing????

Since Origin came into being this company has only produced shit half-games with the other half for DLC.

allways on internet for single player, etc, etc....
The problem, as I see it, is that video games as a market has more casual than hardcore players now. Casual customers (players) care less about their purchase and aren't likely to take a hard-nosed approach after being mistreated by a company.

Seems EA has listened and removed all real money purchases. The result is that players will have to earn things in game, thus keeping the playing field even for everyone. Credit where it's due, EA made the right choice here. But will they ease up on the difficulty getting a refund on pre-orders? We shall see..

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
The problem, as I see it, is that video games as a market has more casual than hardcore players now. Casual customers (players) care less about their purchase and aren't likely to take a hard-nosed approach after being mistreated by a company.

I don't know about that. The rest of the world is full of smart consumers. These are the same people who set up things like BBB, plenty of "consumer reports" type of mags, coupons, car buying guides, etc..

It's the gaming world that likes being stupid with their money. The specific demographics also lend to it. If 20-something males aren't outgoing social types spending $100 at clubs or bars, then they're less social types spending it on gaming shit. What they have in common is no family, no kids.. just a lot of disposable income for themselves. And worse than that, the other demographic are kids with their parents' credit cards.. who really don't care about responsible spending.

I'm in an older group, but used to be as stupid as the twenty somethings. Since I still don't have family, I still can be occasionally.

Not sure female 20 somethings stand in this. I do know the social ones get free drinks more. So they got that covered. But I doubt the others get free games. lol

Last edited:
System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
If 20-something males aren't outgoing social types spending $100 at clubs or bars, then they're less social types spending it on gaming shit. What they have in common is no family, no kids.. just a lot of disposable income for themselves. And worse than that, the other demographic are kids with their parents' credit cards.. who really don't care about responsible spending.

I'm in an older group, but used to be as stupid as the twenty somethings. Since I still don't have family, I still can be occasionally.

Not sure female 20 somethings stand in this. I do know the social ones get free drinks more. So they got that covered. But I doubt the others get free games. lol

Heh, let me be the first to tell you, I've never gotten neither for free lol

System Name Frankenstein
Processor Ryzen 9 5800X
Motherboard Asrock Z570 Phantom Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 2 x 16 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3200mhz
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE Toxic Radeon RX 6900 XT WC
Storage Corsair MP600 + 2xSamsung 860 Evo + Samsung 950 Pro + Others
Display(s) ROG SWIFT PG278Q
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo White
Audio Device(s) AudioEngine A5+ White
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME 1300W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Elite
Software Windows 10 Pro
casual gamers don't really go for 60 bucks games...

Seems EA has listened and removed all real money purchases. The result is that players will have to earn things in game, thus keeping the playing field even for everyone. Credit where it's due, EA made the right choice here. But will they ease up on the difficulty getting a refund on pre-orders? We shall see..
removed only temporarily.... will insert it in the future.

the thing is, poeple can't simply make a paid game like a free-to-play game, which was the case... time limits on credits earned in arcade, buying crates with crystals... is this Clash of Clans?? Boom beach?? no!!! its a f**kin' Triple A game!

removed only temporarily.... will insert it in the future.
From what I've read, they seemed to indicate it was permanent. But who knows, it is EA we're talking about.
the thing is, poeple can't simply make a paid game like a free-to-play game, which was the case... time limits on credits earned in arcade, buying crates with crystals... is this Clash of Clans?? Boom beach?? no!!! its a f**kin' Triple A game!
Totally with you on this point. Game devs don't get to have their cake and eat it too. You either charge for admission or make it free-to-play with aspects you can pay for. This mirco-transaction crap for premium price games is getting very old, very fast.

System Name Xeon build X58 / Main Rig X79
Processor Intel Xeon x5650 @ 4.2Ghz with HT / Xeon E5 1650 v2 @4.5Ghz
Motherboard Asus Rampage II Extreme socket 1366 / Asus P9X79 Pro socket 2011
Cooling Thermalright Archon +Ty 140mm|Fans : 2 front-1top-1rear-1bottom/ Gelid Phantom Twin Tower
Memory 16gb DDR3 1600mhz Kingstone Hyper x Quad Channel / 16gb DDR3 1600MHZ Patriot Viper 3
Video Card(s) Sapphire hd 7950 3gb Boost edition dual fan X / ZOTAC 1080 Ti Blower Edition
Storage Kingstone AV400ssd 120gb+Seagate B 2Tb+WD g 1tb+WD g 3tb+WD r 3tb+Seagate B 4tb+Lexar 2Tb NVMe
Display(s) AOC E2460S 24" 1080p 60hz 1ms / LG 32UK550B 32" UHD 4K HDR 10 with Freesync
Case Enermax Phoenix / Fractal Design Arc midi
Audio Device(s) SoundMaxHD+5.1 BHT1100 BLUESKY,Fiio E10 Olympus+SuperluxHD668b+KZ HBB pr2,Superlux E205.
Power Supply Sharkoon WPM Gold Zero 650W semi modular / Corsair RM 850 Fully Modular
Mouse Generic Mice / Corsair M90
Keyboard Generic Keyboard / Microsoft WK600
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 /Windows 10 Pro 64
I don't think DICE is the one pushing for Microshitaction and Lootbox . I'ts EA for sure like UBISOFT for that dead corpse of For Honor.