• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EA Play on Xbox Game Pass for PC Delayed to 2021

Microsoft has recently announced that the introduction of EA Play on PC to Xbox Game Pass for PC and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate has been delayed until 2021. EA Play is the subscription service that gives you access to a large catalog of EA's games along with other benefits such as early access to new games and discounts on other EA games and DLC. Microsoft has stated that this delay is required so that they can fully integrate EA Play into Xbox Game Pass and deliver a more complete experience for their users. Microsoft will update us on the exact timeline for EA Play on PC early next year.

Microsoft said:
We established this partnership with Electronic Arts because they are as passionate as we are about helping people and communities discover great games, and we knew we could provide a great experience for members by working together. In order to deliver on that, we need more time to provide the Xbox Game Pass experience.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I paid $29.99 for one year of EA Play on Steam, honestly it is a good deal. Loads of great games I want to play, and so far the experience has been smooth. Also, really cool that you get 10 hours of demo time for brand new games like Squadrons. Jedi Fallen Order is turning out to be a bit more boring at times than I was expecting, lot of re-hashed and copied tropes from other games, nothing really original. Not sure if I will finish it or not, but I think I will give Mass Effect Andromeda a try next.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
EA Play on a game pass from Xbox. That's a lot of gateways and a lot of subs and accounts just to play a game. Better pray none of it gets DDOSed on your way in, or while playing, and that all those terms and conditions keep aligning over time. Subject to change, by the way, at any given time without prior notice.

Lovely. Arasaka and Militech approve.

The console EA Play + Game Pass is on for a month. Looks like the UWP integration its been a pain.