1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EA SUCKS. Everything about EA sucks.

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Jul 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mad1394

mad1394

Thanks Received:
    Why do you reply so angry to everyone who disagrees with you ?
    We all understood you were promised something and then they took it back. Thing is it was an unreasonable demand with an unreasonable solution. Did you really think they would refund your money?

phanbuey says thanks.
  2. rtwjunkie

rtwjunkie PC Gaming Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
    So it's perfectly ok for you to be told you'll get a refund, and then not? It's people like you that allow companies like EA to bully them instead of insisting on good customer service that are the reason EA is as bad as they are. He made a reasonable request, which the company could have said "no" to, but didn't. If they want to keep customers, many other companies like this would find another solution to their mistake.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
  3. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    Whenever something like this happens, I just let my wife take care of it. She has no problem sitting on the phone and ripping support a new one to get her money back, she literally does it herself all the time. I can't tell you how many refunds for stuff I see on the bank account or the credit card, she's a menace.

Sorry brah, that's a really douche move to say they would refund it then say they wouldn't. For screwing up, they should have refunded it anyways. Unhappy customers tell a lot of other people (more than people who have a good experience,) about how shitty something was. If @TheMailMan78 was successful convincing even 1 person to not buy EA games, mission accomplished. There aren't many EA games for Linux but, I'll not buy EA games just to make TMM happy.

Fuck EA.

jmcslob, qubit and rtwjunkie say thanks.
  4. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh I'm far from angry. Let me introduce myself. I'm The Mailman.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
    Aquinus, _JP_, Jetster and 2 others say thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  5. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    AlienIsGOD, Aquinus, qubit and 4 others say thanks.
  6. FC Copenhagen

Thanks Received:
    So what am I not understanding about OP? He was first promised a refund and not getting one. Obviously Erick made a mistake, people make mistakes. What else am I missing here?

7. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. lZKoce

lZKoce

Thanks Received:
    On a serious note, I wouldn't even dream about a refund for 2 years purchase - promised or not. Not exactly connected to the OP, but in my country the moment you walk out of the shop, there's little you can do.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2017
  9. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I feel your pain, I want a refund for Battlefront and Titanfall. I just bought 2x copies of Plants vs Zombies 2 from my daughter and I. It's by far a much better game. It looks like Battlefront 2 is fixing all of it's mistakes just like Titanfall 2. I just can't talk myself into buy Titanfall 2, because of one. I doubt I'll buy Battlefront 2 at it's full price either. EA just needs to get rid of Origins and go back to Steam. I know they are losing money due to Origins. I haven't paid full price for a game on origins since BF4.

Crunching for Team TPU
  10. Octopuss

Octopuss

Thanks Received:
    Asking for a refund two years too late is a bit ridiculous, but if the imbecile said you'd get it, you should have. Assholes.

rtwjunkie and Easy Rhino say thanks.
  11. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    Shit like this is the reason I stopped buying new release or prerelease games. If you have 30 days for a refund, but it's broken and you are told it will all be OK soon, just wait for the patch...

It's no wonder people pirate.

biffzinker, Easy Rhino and qubit say thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU 10 Million points folded for TPU
  12. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    @Mindweaver Titanfall 2 is much better and you should be ok with it if you can bring yourself to buy it. I bought it a while back and played some of it in single player which was very good. Best thing is EA's refund policy within a week or whatever it is, so it's low risk.

Mindweaver and rtwjunkie say thanks.
  13. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    Crazy. EA charges an arm and a leg for DLC that should be part of the core game and then they skimp out on properly trained customer support. The first guy should have told you that it has been too long to issue a refund. He made a mistake. EA should pay for their mistakes. I have a feeling Battlefield 2 is going to be another crap fest.

10 Year Member at TPU
  14. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    I actually bought this game October 2016 as it was on sale. I bought the season pass and all. Then discovered the game was dead. Like no one playing at all. Unfortunately for me I bought it but didn't play it until 2017 as I didn't have time. By the time I did it was well past returnable. It never even crossed my mind to ask for a refund since I owned it for so long. I don't think you have any right to be mad about not being able to return the game but I do agree that I would be pissed myself if they agreed to give me a refund....then changed their mind.

TBH I still play the game a bit here and there just for the funs. It does have pretty good graphics and runs great in 4k so I play against bots but get bored quickly.

15. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    People keep buying EA crap again and again. I don't understand how they keep getting fooled. EA has been doing this for over 2 decades now.

If I must buy EA, I buy it at deep discount on those shady chinese sites like gameholds. I have bought BF3 and 4 premium and Hardline this way. Given that these third party merchants supposedly screw over the original publisher, thats just a nice added bonus. Also I played the Battlefront beta and it was terrible. Graphics does not make a good game.

Octopuss and biffzinker say thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  16. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    That's just a company that does not give AF.

Reminds of dealing with airlines.

biffzinker says thanks.
  17. Knoxx29

Knoxx29

Thanks Received:
    He is amazing.

18. hapkiman

hapkiman

Thanks Received:
    Yes, if you want a refund just ask for Erick. He'll approve it straight away.

:D

19. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    Erick probably no longer works there. He clearly didn't fit the corporate culture.

biffzinker and rtwjunkie say thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  20. jmcslob

Thanks Received:
    This is what I do too.... If I can't get satisfaction I sick my wife on those poor unsuspecting bastards...
    Sometimes I don't even try I just get her to do it...

MM....
    I've had this experience with Activision except they asked me to give them a week as a big update was coming out..I did and it didn't help and when I went back for a refund I got told it's too late....yeah...
    I got suckered..

biffzinker says thanks.
  21. Flogger23m

Thanks Received:
    Wait, you tried to get a refund on an online game 2 years after you bought it? And the basis for your refund is the game is now dead and you hardly had a chance to play it? That is really stretching it. Most MP games more or less die in around 2 years, and you had plenty of time to play it. Imagine if they honored that for everyone. People would buy day one at full price, and then 70% of the purchases would get refunded two years later. That just isn't a realistic business model.

Battlefield 2 was a crap fest, but it came out well over a decade ago. :D

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Athlon2K15 says thanks.
  22. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Um read what I said.

10 Year Member at TPU
  23. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    It sounds like you should read the thread...

rtwjunkie says thanks.
  24. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Strictly within the law, they can wriggle out of it, at least in England. However, it's extremely douchy not to honour the refund or compensate in some other way, especially when promised and mm is clearly right in being mad at this.

btw, he started trying to get the refund quite early on rather than wait two years. @TheMailMan78 If you wanna elaborate on this again as I don't think people have seen your other post. :)

biffzinker says thanks.
  25. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    I think EA is a pretty cool guy.
    Eh fully develops long-time-supported games and doesn't afraid of anyting.

/s