• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EA trying to acquire Take-Two @ $26 per share! NOOOOOOOOOOooooo!

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
You obviously missed the entire reason as to way EA proposed this offer that was declined! Take 2 is in financial trouble bro. Why? Simply because of the MLB license they bought! They have no way to escape that. They put too much money into something they couldn't afford! This is the exact same reason they lost the NCAA titles and the College Hoops title.

Obviously they would rather sell off rather then go completely bankrupt. The possibility is still there, no matter how much you wish to disbelieve it.

EA would absorb all of 2Ks licenses in the sports division, which means they could continue to develop sports across the board. EA would benefit from this money coming from every line of sport as well.
There is no information stating that Take 2 is bankrupt.
Also, your point is debunked as in the letter from EA they clearly indicated their intention of buying Take 2 as a result of GTA IV. I honestly believe that GTA IV will be a cash cow for take 2. Therefore, EA's buyout means nothing and, your posts about Take 2 being in financial trouble (although you posted no information suggesting bankruptcy) will mean nothing once GTA IV is released for sale.

ChillyMyst

Command & Conquer 3, Crysis, Def Jam: Icon, The Godfather Wii, Medal of Honor: Airborne, NFS: Pro Street, Rock Band, The Simpsons Game, skate, The Orange Box.

I think the number of gamers who enjoyed these games in 2007 vastly outnumber those who didn't.

crysis is only PUBLISHED by ea as i understand it, crytek is still its own company(thank god)

if its up to EA crysis will never be debuged, they will dump it after a few patches and move on to the next title

this is why they suck donky dick, vivindi suck just as bad, they do the same crap, but at least vivindi dosnt acctivly hunt down and chase off people who want to make mods for their games.....EA has and does so this.......

ChillyMyst

@ ChillyMyst: so your soul reason to hate an entire game company is because of a game made over a decade ago actually dieing?

Dude... if thats the case should I hate Activision for allowing the Heavy Gear series to die out?

no, i hate them for other shit they have done, but UO and other games related to it are on the top of the list of why i FUCKING HATE THEM.

uo2 was looking SWEET, very simlar to guildwars, then bam, they killed the project, same with a few other projects i was intrested in, all because ea wanted to fire 200+ people and just leach off the UO community till it started to dry up(hence the new UO:KR update tho the updates pissing alot of long time uo'ers off)

System Name AM5
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard Asrock X670E Taichi
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 64 Gb - XMP1 Profile
Video Card(s) AMD Reference 7900 XTX 24 Gb
Storage Samsung Gen 4 980 1 TB / Samsung 8TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung 34" 240hz 4K
Case Fractal Define R7
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME PX-1300, 1300W 80+ Platinum, Full Modular
There is no information stating that Take 2 is bankrupt.
Also, your point is debunked as in the letter from EA they clearly indicated their intention of buying Take 2 as a result of GTA IV. I honestly believe that GTA IV will be a cash cow for take 2 therefore, EA's buyout means nothing.

Obviously the fact that Take-Two has been taking millions of dollars in loses each fiscal quarter means nothing. :rolleyes:

Hmm...Don't know if you've been under a rock or what but...TAKE 2 is in FINANCIAL TROUBLE. It doesn't matter about GTA IV, Bioshock, or whatever cow you want to name. They absolutely killed themselves by buying the MLB license. I don't understand why you can comprehend that fact. They put way too much money into the license, which completely crippled their financial recourses. The have to pay an OUTRAGEOUS sum of money every year due to the MLB license.

Skrabrug

System Name DU45 MkII
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300
Motherboard eVGA nForce 780i
Cooling Coolermaster Aquagate MAX, 2x 230mm fans, 1x 140mm fan
Memory Crucial Ballistix TRACER 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin 800 (PC2 6400) DDR2
Video Card(s) Galaxy GeForce 8800GT HDMI
Storage 750GB Seagate (SATA2), 400Gb Samsung (SATA2), 1 TB Seagate
Display(s) Acer 22" WS X223w & CMV CM-922D 19" LCD
Case Cooler Master HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Razer AC-1 Gaming Audio Card
Power Supply 750w Zalman
Software Microshaft Winblows XP - Pro (SP2)
no, i hate them for other shit they have done, but UO and other games related to it are on the top of the list of why i FUCKING HATE THEM.

uo2 was looking SWEET, very simlar to guildwars, then bam, they killed the project, same with a few other projects i was intrested in, all because ea wanted to fire 200+ people and just leach off the UO community till it started to dry up(hence the new UO:KR update tho the updates pissing alot of long time uo'ers off)

tsk tsk tsk language *waggles finger at you*

but now it makes more sense lol

ChillyMyst

tsk tsk tsk language *waggles finger at you*

but now it makes more sense lol

read all the stuff i posted and you will see why i would even welcome MS taking over another game company over EA, at least with ms published titles i have had patches where nessery, with titles from ea, well good luck........i got a folder of ea and vivindi games(in a drawer) that will never see use again because they never got patches to fix critical buggs.......

Processor c2d e8400@ 3.8ghz 24/7
Motherboard Abit IP-35e 80$ lol
Cooling zalman cnps9700 led
Memory 2 x 2 gig patriot viper
Video Card(s) evga Gtx 285 oc
Storage 2 x 300gig sata seagate 7200.10 in raid 0/ 1.5TB for backup
Display(s) acer 24" TFT LCD AL2416WBSD
Case Antec 902
Audio Device(s) XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro series
Power Supply ocz gamextreme 700w
Software windows 7 ultimate
Command & Conquer 3, Crysis, Def Jam: Icon, The Godfather Wii, Medal of Honor: Airborne, NFS: Pro Street, Rock Band, The Simpsons Game, skate, The Orange Box.

I think the number of gamers who enjoyed these games in 2007 vastly outnumber those who didn't.

How many problems that need fixed or patched in the above mentioned games are being fixed:rolleyes: )0:)slap:

And will never be for lack of EA's concern......

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Obviously the fact that Take-Two has been taking millions of dollars in loses each fiscal quarter means nothing. :rolleyes:

Hmm...Don't know if you've been under a rock or what but...TAKE 2 is in FINANCIAL TROUBLE. It doesn't matter about GTA IV, Bioshock, or whatever cow you want to name. They absolutely killed themselves by buying the MLB license. I don't understand why you can comprehend that fact. They put way too much money into the license, which completely crippled their financial recourses. The have to pay an OUTRAGEOUS sum of money every year due to the MLB license.

You fail to show that take 2 is bankrupt. The only thing I (as well as others) can comprehend is facts stating Take 2 is/ going to be bankrupt. Making a mountain out of a mole hill doesn't make it a mountain. :D

OrbitzXT

System Name AX-01
Processor Intel Core i5-2500K @3.7 GHz
Motherboard ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
Cooling Zalman 9700
Memory Kingston HyperX T1 Series 8GB DDR3 1600 MHZ
Video Card(s) GTX 590
Storage Intel X25-M
Display(s) 42" Samsung LED HDTV
Case Antec Twelve Hundred
Audio Device(s) HT | OMEGA STRIKER 7.1
Power Supply Kingwin 1000W
Software Windows 7 64-Bit
I'm really not happy with EA at the moment. I've been playing a lot of Madden 08 online lately and there are a number of glitches that get abused by people. EA can but won't fix them, but they'll gladly put in in-game advertisements. There is a pause glitch that noobs will abuse to freeze the game and prevent them from getting a loss, and thus denying the other person a win. So when someone pulled this on me today I got to sit and watch the camera rotate around the stadium unable to do anything and saw an ad for 10,000 BC along with a few other products.

System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
You fail to show that take 2 is bankrupt. The only thing I (as well as others) can comprehend is facts stating Take 2 is/ going to be bankrupt. Making a mountain out of a mole hill doesn't make it a mountain. :D

They had a horrible 2006 fiscal year as well. Just imagine what would happen with 3 consecutive years of doing nothing but loosing money.

Furthermore, GTA IV is only being released across 2 platforms that have around a minimal installed base of 30 million dollars. This year alone, do you really think think they're going to sell 10 million copies? Guess what happens if they don't. They will be headed for yet another fiscal calendar lost.

Now just for wondering sakes, how long until a hostile takeover comes about?

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
They had a horrible 2006 fiscal year as well. Just imagine what would happen with 3 consecutive years of doing nothing but loosing money.

Furthermore, GTA IV is only being released across 2 platforms that have around a minimal installed base of 30 million dollars. This year alone, do you really think think they're going to sell 10 million copies? Guess what happens if they don't. They will be headed for yet another fiscal calendar lost.

No just for wondering sakes, how long until a hostile takeover comes about?

You still haven't proved that Take 2 is going or is bankrupted. Since you failed to provide proof the number of copies of GTA IV that needs to be sold to "stay afloat" becomes pointless.

Last edited:

zekrahminator

McLovin
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane @ 2.8GHz (224x12.5, 1.425V)
Motherboard Gigabyte sumthin-or-another, it's got an nForce 430
Cooling Dual 120mm case fans front/rear, Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, Zalman VF-900 on GPU
Memory 2GB G.Skill DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire X850XT @ 580/600
Storage WD 160 GB SATA hard drive.
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen, 5ms response time, 1440x900
Case Thermaltake Soprano (black with side window).
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Live! 24 bit (paired with X-530 speakers).
Power Supply ThermalTake 430W TR2
Software XP Home SP2, can't wait for Vista SP1.
In my opinion, it's better that they acquire take-two than, say, 2K ;).

Skrabrug

System Name DU45 MkII
Power Supply 750w Zalman
read all the stuff i posted and you will see why i would even welcome MS taking over another game company over EA, at least with ms published titles i have had patches where nessery, with titles from ea, well good luck........i got a folder of ea and vivindi games(in a drawer) that will never see use again because they never got patches to fix critical buggs.......

There was to much stuff and I have a short attention span *le sigh*

Sh00t1st

System Name Battlefield 3
Processor Phenom II x3 715 heka unlocked to x4 3.3ghz
Motherboard GIGABYTE ga-ma785g-ud3h
Cooling arctic cooling freezer 64 pro
Memory 4 gig ddr2
Video Card(s) saphire 5770
Storage 60gb mushkin ssd,120 and 160 gig ide
Display(s) 1 19" crt, 2 17" crt
Case 30 dollar gaming case with fan grills removed
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply 450 corsair
Software windows 7
Benchmark Scores Plays battlefield 3 well enough that i was ranked 1st globally in vehicles for november and december
i've never liked ea, they rarely keep a company together after they buy them out, its happened with several pc based games ive played like the battlefield series and earth and beyond they pretty much ruined the games in my opinion, they dismantled earth and beyond but thats just what they do i guess. and yes i think they only want to buy take two for their brand name and for gta series, wouldn't you if you where some big company like that and had competition from this relatively small company compared to you. and ea mired that letter in subtle threats that makes it even worse in my book. i would have done the same thing take two did and reject the hell out of that proposal. seeing as you dont buy a company for current value you do it for future profits and how well they have done in the past is usualy a good gauge as to how they will do in the future, it must have been insulting to take two for ea to send them such a proposal.

System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
You still haven't proved that Take 2 is going or is bankrupted. Since you failed to provide proof of this the number of copies of GTA IV that needs to be sold to "stay afloat" becomes pointless.

I didn't say they would "abruptly" go bankrupt all of the sudden. What I said was that there was a possibility of bankruptcy since there finical situation isn't looking good.

Hostile take overs don't just come out of no where! Hostile takeovers happen when there happens to be a sense of worry in a company. When the investors and stockholder are finding something to worry about, in accordance to the financial situation the company is going towards, then there's obviously something to worry about there.

True companies are offered buy outs all of the time when there is no worry in the company. But this happens to be a completely different story. This proposal happened last Tuesday, want know why were hearing about this just now?? Because as I stated above, the shareholders and investors are worried about the finical situation.

This was made public so shareholders and investors can get to the CEO, an aggressive move used to shake the hand of the CEO (even though the CEO may not want to). Obviously, this would never happen if the people most invested in the company weren't worried. But in my opinion, the investors and the shareholders and others will be the ones to have the CEO shake hands with EA (there is a very high probability of this), as there is obviously something they are worried about.

What I'm trying to explain to you is that Take Two is in financial trouble at this time.

---------------------------------------------------

The main reason you don't hear as many people complaining about Take Two is because they don't touch as many customers as EA does every year. EA has a lot more games to be criticized by the general public.

Last edited:

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Besides, EA's metacritic rating of 72 from 77 as of last year (out of 100) speaks for itself. If they were to acquire take 2 with the release of GTA IV that would increase their metacritic rating (somewhat)
hmmm...

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
I didn't say they would "abruptly" go bankrupt all of the sudden. What I said was that there was a possibility of bankruptcy since there finical situation isn't looking good.

Hostile take overs don't just come out of no where! Hostile takeovers happen when there happens to be a sense of worry in a company. When the investors and stockholder are finding something to worry about, in accordance to the financial situation the company is going towards, then there's obviously something to worry about there.

True companies are offered buy outs all of the time when there is no worry in the company. But this happens to be a completely different story. This proposal happened last Tuesday, want know why were hearing about this just now?? Because as I stated above, the shareholders and investors are worried about the finical situation.

This was made public so shareholders and investors can get to the CEO, an aggressive move used to shake the hand of the CEO (even though the CEO may not want to). Obviously, this would never happen if the people most invested in the company weren't worried. But in my opinion, the investors and the shareholders and others will be the ones to have the CEO shake hands with EA (there is a very high probability of this), as there is obviously something they are worried about.

What I'm trying to explain to you is that Take Two is in financial trouble at this time.

---------------------------------------------------

The main reason you don't hear as many people complaining about Take Two is because they don't touch as many customers as EA does every year. EA has a lot more games to be criticized by the general public.

You have not shown any proof of financial trouble out of take 2 that would suggest or hint to bankruptcy.

System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
You have not shown any proof of financial trouble out of take 2 that would suggest or hint to bankruptcy.

I find it funny when you argue with me yet you haven't followed the situation of the company at all. Go find the facts, I don't feel like going out and finding a bunch of articles, but they are readily available. DO your own research.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
I find it funny when you argue with me yet you haven't followed the situation of the company at all. Go find the facts, I don't feel like going out and finding a bunch of articles, but they are readily available. DO your own research.

I don't have to, I never commented that the company was going bankrupt. But did create this thread with information stating that EA is trying to buy Take 2. It's very possible that their asking price could be recoup'd in the sell of GTA IV alone. We just have to wait and see how things develop.
:cool:

System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
I don't have to, I never commented that the company was going bankrupt. But did comment on EA trying to buy Take 2 and, it's very possible that their asking price could be recoup'd in the sell of GTA IV alone. We just have to wait and see how things develop.
:cool:

Yet you argue the fact that the company has the possibility of going bankrupt, but know nothing about there finical situation. Good debating right there. :laugh:

Just because a company like Ford makes a few good cars doesn't mean they don't face the possibility of going bankrupt. :rolleyes:

On top of everything else I mentioned, this doesn't help...
This followed by things like this aren't good when things like this happen.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Yet you argue the fact that the company has the possibility of going bankrupt, but know nothing about there finical situation. Good debating right there. :laugh:

Just because a company like Ford makes a few good cars does mean they don't face the possibility of going bankrupt. :rolleyes:

On top of everything else I mentioned, this doesn't help...
This followed by things like this aren't good when things like this happen.

Those alleged reports were posted in the 1st and 2nd quarters of 2007. For the most part, 1 year ago. There is no proof of bankruptcy in those reports nor have you provided anything as recent as this year that would make sense as to why Take2 needs EA's money (via bankruptcy).
;)

System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
Those alleged reports were posted in the 1st and 2nd quarters of 2007. For the most part, 1 year ago. There is no proof of bankruptcy in those reports nor have you provided anything as recent as this year that would make sense as to why Take2 needs EA's money (via bankruptcy).
;)

As I said do your research, you obviously came into this arguement having no idea how to back up any of your claims that you countered towards mine. Have fun with arguing for the sake of arguing.

ChillyMyst

oh jesus h christ, stop bickering, you remind me of a couple of teenage girls.......

Skrabrug

System Name DU45 MkII
Power Supply 750w Zalman
System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
oh jesus h christ, stop bickering, you remind me of a couple of teenage girls.......

Need we look back at you siting like 4 sources on the topic of UO? :roll::roll: