• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ebay GPU woes

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
Even Amazon suffers from it. The was once a 12 plug surge surpressor on Amazon for $3.99 I am still waiting for my product but at least I got a refund.

This is what i have sent to paypal-
I sold a item on ebay. the buyer said it was faulty, but did not return it. He has got a refund and now i am down £23. Why did he get a refund even though i never got the item back? There is NO chance hear me NO chance of me ever paying the £23 to paypal. He should NOT have got a refund until he had posted my item back and sent the tracking number.

I doubt very much they will remove the charge.

Hang on, you spoke to "Paypal".

EBAY & Paypal are separated. You can speak to Paypal, but you should have taken this up on the EBAY website.

Your supposed to open a case on the EBAY site not on the Paypal site. I don't think Paypal even ask for a tracking number when item is being returned.
No wonder he got he's money back without checks to see if he has posted it.

If the case was opened on the EBAY site, he would have got message after message to enter a tracking number. The automated system would have nagged him every one or two days to enter one. In-short do not open a case on Paypal, do it directly on the EBAY website.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 24505

Hang on, you spoke to "Paypal".

EBAY & Paypal are separated. You can speak to Paypal, but you should have taken this up on the EBAY website.

Your supposed to open a case on the EBAY site not on the Paypal site. I don't think Paypal even ask for a tracking number when item is being returned.
No wonder he got he's money back without checks to see if he has posted it.

If the case was opened on the EBAY site, he would have got message after message to enter a tracking number. The automated system would have nagged him every one or two days to enter one. In-short do not open a case on Paypal, do it directly on the EBAY website.

I thought Ebay bought PP?

"EBay announced today that it will stop working with PayPal as its back-end payments service in 2020 "
https://www.vox.com/2018/1/31/16957212/ebay-adyen-paypal-payments-agreement

Only had 1 recent problem with problem Item
View attachment 124529
Item not returned as seller did not Specifly request or pay return Postage
i ain't paying return Postage out of my pocket

When returning an item the seller must acknowledged it & accept the return. If he does not, then everything stops there. At that point you need to open a case to say seller is not responding. EBAY Customer Service will then give the seller a few days to respond.

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
I thought Ebay bought PP?

As far as i remember they did>>>>>>>>>>> and not so long ago they hived it off again as a Separate business (still owned by ebay)

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
If a seller is using a stock picture i just message them to either add real ones of the item or send me a message with them and if they ignore i just simply avoid.

anyways eBay protects the crap out of buyers anyways.

If a seller is using a stock picture i just message them to either add real ones of the item or send me a message with them and if they ignore i just simply avoid.

That's the right thing to do if you notice stock pictures. Welldone! This is what I do.

System Name Computer of Theseus
Processor Intel i9-12900KS: 50x Pcore multi @ 1.18Vcore (target 1.275V -100mv offset)
Motherboard EVGA Z690 Classified
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 2xThermalRight TY-143, 4xNoctua NF-A12x25,3xNF-A12x15, 2xAquacomputer Splitty9Active
Memory G-Skill Trident Z5 (32GB) DDR5-6000 C36 F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce 3060 XC Black Gaming 12GB
Storage 1x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (OS), 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (data 1 and 2), ASUS BW-16D1HT
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF 32" 2560x1440 165Hz Primary, Dell P2017H 19.5" 1600x900 Secondary, Ergotron LX arms.
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Audiotechnica ATR2100X-USB, El Gato Wave XLR Mic Preamp, ATH M50X Headphones, Behringer 302USB Mixer
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+ Platinum White
Mouse Zowie EC3-C
Keyboard Vortex Multix 87 Winter TKL (Gateron G Pro Yellow)
Software Win 10 LTSC 21H2

The savvy scammers aren't using stock photos, they are using other people's listing photos. Usually these guys have garbage feedback or no feedback at all.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
The savvy scammers aren't using stock photos, they are using other people's listing photos. Usually these guys have garbage feedback or no feedback at all.

Some yes they are how ever ebay will have you covered if you keep your cool. I have used stock pictures before due to lake of time and if you just ask which some times is all it takes.

If you lose your cool and go of on a tantrum with ebay or the seller then that will go against you. And god forbid if you threaten as ebay will drop your ass real fast.

Anyways the seller is near 100% at risk not the buyer so if it's fake or not what they listed open a case and it be sorted within a week or two, just keep your cool and you'll be golden.

Sometimes you can report it as false advertisement.
Almost none of the report options come with a text entry field. So, if there is something you're reporting that isn't 100% obvious to someone with no background knowledge regarding the product, good luck for them to psychically get it in order to take the report seriously. Moreover, I believe that Ebay tells you it won't let you know about the results of your report, so you could easily be reporting to the digital circular file.

The one (perhaps there is more than one but I have only found one so far) reporting option that comes with a text field limits you to 100 characters which is not enough for a listing that has multiple problems. I have encountered listings that have three different violations, for example. It's clear to me that Ebay's reporting form is designed to give people the illusion of accountability rather than the beef.

And, all the trolls are irksome. This guy just changed his listing from demanding that buyers have 500+ positive feedbacks. Now, it's 200. I've been using Ebay since 1998 and I don't have that many feedbacks. I think some people troll AMD buyers because they have nothing better to do, like all the sellers placing Fury-type cards on carpets.

Almost none of the report options come with a text entry field. So, if there is something you're reporting that isn't 100% obvious to someone with no background knowledge regarding the product, good luck for them to psychically get it in order to take the report seriously. Moreover, I believe that Ebay tells you it won't let you know about the results of your report, so you could easily be reporting to the digital circular file.

The one (perhaps there is more than one but I have only found one so far) reporting option that comes with a text field limits you to 100 characters which is not enough for a listing that has multiple problems. I have encountered listings that have three different violations, for example. It's clear to me that Ebay's reporting form is designed to give people the illusion of accountability rather than the beef.

And, all the trolls are irksome. This guy just changed his listing from demanding that buyers have 500+ positive feedbacks. Now, it's 200. I've been using Ebay since 1998 and I don't have that many feedbacks. I think some people troll AMD buyers because they have nothing better to do, like all the sellers placing Fury-type cards on carpets.

No, but you report this in a LIVE communication with EBAY customer service (LIVE messaging system). When you open a case it can be under something else, ie "item not received" but pick something in the option nearest to your complaint if it is not listed. Then you point out what's wrong in every fine detail in the messaging system. You have to point EBAY Customer Service to "FACTS" so that they can understand & check.

They will check what you are saying & this will help persuade Customer Service to go in your favour. Point out other little things like response time, ie how long it took the user to return message "when first contacted" & other little things in photo compared to the description to item received, ie does it all match.

In-short, in some cases you have to guide EBAY Customer Service so that they can understand the facts you have pointed out as they don't understand everything, YOU have to show them where it is wrong.

REAL EXAMPLE: I opened a case a few days back against a user who took a photo a of the item being sent to me. Photo shows my item well wrapped with both of our address on parcel in-case the item needs to be returned.

QUESTION: Why did I open a case against the user before the parcel has even been sent? Let's see how long it take a TPU user(s) to find out why I open a case.

I will give the answer soon if no one is able to figure it out why I opened a case against the user.

Last edited:
System Name MSI GP76
Processor intel i7 11800h
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Memory 32gb of 3000mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3070
Storage x2 PNY 8tb cs2130 m.2 SSD--16tb of space
Display(s) 17.3" IPS 1920x1080 240Hz
Power Supply 280w laptop power supply
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
Software lots of movies and Windows 10 with win 7 shell
Benchmark Scores Good enough for me
I make my living selling on ebay, I sell full time on ebay for the past 9+ years. I dont understand the issue with this thread that the OP made. Just another rant for ebay.
Ebay is the flea market of the internet, if you want new stuff, go over to Amazon for find your nearest store for new things. And for selling graphics cards with jeans on the same account, guess what, that is normal to sell completely different things on the same account. People dont have to sell only 1 thing on ebay accounts.
Hell, I have 6 selling accounts that sell anything from computer parts to DVDs, last month, I sold some penis dildos that where new in box from a storage locker that I bought in riverside, CA. And why do I have 6 ebay accounts, well because its allowed and I usually sell computer parts on 1 or 2 accounts and other things on others. That and the accounts have certain selling limits that I always hit so I rotate to another account.
I'm sure you have noticed some of my selling threads on here also, I've had some selling thread with massive amounts of computer parts.
So if you want to rant about ebay, find the correct forums for that.

System Name AMD™ Red Tiger
Processor AMD™ Ryzen™ 7 3800XT @ 4700mhz
Motherboard MSI™ X370 Gaming Carbon Pro
Cooling XSPC™ Raystorm™ dual XSPC D5 pumps 2x 360 EX radiators 6x Noctua™ NF-F12 Industrial™ 3000rpm
Memory Avexir™ Blitz™ 3200mhz 16.18 @ 3200mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire™ Radeon™ RX 7900XTX under Alphacool™ water block
Storage 1x Intel™ 660p 1TB 1x Seagate™ 2TB 7200RPM
Display(s) Electriq™ VM280UHD 4K 60hz
Case Cooler Master™ Cosmos™ Pure Black with 5x Coolermaster™ bladeMaster™
Audio Device(s) Creative SB X-FI with Logitech™ X540 5.1
Power Supply EVGA™ 1000w G2
Mouse EasySMX™ 4000dpi Red led on MSI™ Lava Dragon giant mouse mat
Keyboard Rii™ K66 Red switch mechanical keyboard with red led
Software Windows™ 10 Home
Benchmark Scores 13000 3dMark™ Time spy.
oh, you shill....lol.
I find the prices on ebay™ to be bad, I can get new products for less than some ebay™ items and I find aliexpress™ items that have same delivery time and cost more.
I have had a bid every now and then, but its a fail.
my last buy was another cooler master™ blademaster™ to make it up to six, cooler master only list one type of blademaster™ fan, but ebay™ managed to sell me one that is not the same type.

Last edited:
System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
When returning an item the seller must acknowledged it & accept the return. If he does not, then everything stops there. At that point you need to open a case to say seller is not responding. EBAY Customer Service will then give the seller a few days to respond.
EBay will tell PayPal to refund the buyer regardless of your reply Ir not in , afaik 14 days

EBay will tell PayPal to refund the buyer regardless of your reply Ir not in , afaik 14 days

AFAIK it's an automated system. Ebay website waits for "delivered" then payment is made on returned items. This can be longer than 14 days if item is sent abroad, but this can be extended or shortened. If you see time has changed, then you know EBAY Customer Service has had a direct input & has override some of the automated system features. They will do this if they feel the time limit is to long or to short for an item to arrive.

Don't know about Ebay telling Paypal to make repayment before item is arrived, but if I was working at EBAY Customer service, I would look at how many times the automated system has sent out messages asking the for tracking number. AFAIK their is very little interaction between EBAY Customer Service & the automated system most of the time.

System Name BorgX79
Processor i7-3930k 6/12cores@4.4GHz
Motherboard Sabertoothx79
Cooling Capitan 360
Memory Muhskin DDR3-1866
Video Card(s) Sapphire R480 8GB
Storage Chronos SSD
Display(s) 3x VW266H
Case Ching Mien 600
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Cooler Master 1000W Silent Pro
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Rosewill RK-1000
Software Win7x64

REAL EXAMPLE: I opened a case a few days back against a user who took a photo a of the item being sent to me. Photo shows my item well wrapped with both of our address on parcel in-case the item needs to be returned.

QUESTION: Why did I open a case against the user before the parcel has even been sent? Let's see how long it take a TPU user(s) to find out why I open a case.

I will give the answer soon if no one is able to figure it out why I opened a case against the user.

I want to see some stuff on ebay, but I really don't want to hassle with the ripoffs; reading up on it, it seems to be the norm than the exception these days.

It's been a few days, care to tell up why you did the above?

I want to see some stuff on ebay, but I really don't want to hassle with the ripoffs; reading up on it, it seems to be the norm than the exception these days.

It's been a few days, care to tell up why you did the above?

Now that you have ask & it's been a few days here's the answer as no-one seems to know the answer.

My complaint is the seller took a photo of my address & it is stored on he's camera. I message him saying this is the first time I have seen someone do this. I then said to seller, you are storing end users addresses on your camera, but he states he does not keep or store this information & that he deletes it & the photo(s) is just to show item is well packed.

I then questioned him how it is deleted & what is the camera used. I got no reply to any of these two questions.

The photo was reported, but EBAY did nothing as it seems they did not have a clue what was wrong. So I reported it via the messaging system, now they can see the problem.

I pointed out if this user has done this more than once which seems to be the case & I don't know long he's been doing this, what will happen if he lose the camera. A lot of EBAY users personal info will be out in the public with real end users address, putting all at risk.
This is why I questioned how is it erased, because it has to be done in a secure way so that the data can't be recovered.

To cut a long story short Ebay Customer Service gave me advice & contact details to report it. They say they will support me & cooperate with authorities. I'm not going to say who they told me to report it to here.

Last edited:
System Name BorgX79
Cooling Capitan 360
Memory Muhskin DDR3-1866
Storage Chronos SSD
Display(s) 3x VW266H
Case Ching Mien 600
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Win7x64
I see; I wasn't thinking along those lines, but it's basically doxxing you.
There's lots of room for hassle there.

I like the way the US govt deletes data off of drives; a hammer and a shredder, and it goes in a secure landfill, lol.

Good to know how to deal; some people just don't think.

System Name Juliette // HTPC
Processor Intel i7 9700K // AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390X-A // ASRock B550 ITX-AC
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 Black // Stock
Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX4070 OC// GTX 1650
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD
Display(s) ASUS VP348QGL 34" Quad HD 3440 x 1440 // 55" LG 4K SK8000 Series
Case Seasonic SYNCRO Q7// Silverstone Granada GD05
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 // HDMI to Samsung HW-R650 sound bar
Power Supply Seasonic SYNCRO 750 W // CORSAIR Vengeance 650M
Mouse Cooler Master MM710 53G
Keyboard Logitech 920-009300 G512 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro // Windows 10 Pro
I like the way the US govt deletes data off of drives; a hammer and a shredder, and it goes in a secure landfill, lol.

The US government uses a Hard Drive and Tape Degaussing Service

My complaint is the seller took a photo of my address & it is stored on he's camera. I message him saying this is the first time I have seen someone do this. I then said to seller, you are storing end users addresses on your camera, but he states he does not keep or store this information & that he deletes it & the photo(s) is just to show item is well packed.
I then questioned him how it is deleted & what is the camera used. I got no reply to any of these two questions.
The photo was reported, but EBAY did nothing as it seems they did not have a clue what was wrong. So I reported it via the messaging system, now they can see the problem.

I do that to, Its to verify the package condition. Ebay probably thought you were little paranoid.

System Name BorgX79
Cooling Capitan 360
Memory Muhskin DDR3-1866
Storage Chronos SSD
Display(s) 3x VW266H
Case Ching Mien 600
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Win7x64

Not here. I was amazed by the voiding of the warranty, lol.

I've seen it with my own eyes; Top Secret and above doesn't ever leave their control.

System Name Juliette // HTPC
Processor Intel i7 9700K // AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390X-A // ASRock B550 ITX-AC
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 Black // Stock
Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX4070 OC// GTX 1650
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD
Display(s) ASUS VP348QGL 34" Quad HD 3440 x 1440 // 55" LG 4K SK8000 Series
Case Seasonic SYNCRO Q7// Silverstone Granada GD05
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 // HDMI to Samsung HW-R650 sound bar
Power Supply Seasonic SYNCRO 750 W // CORSAIR Vengeance 650M
Mouse Cooler Master MM710 53G
Keyboard Logitech 920-009300 G512 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro // Windows 10 Pro
System Name BorgX79
Cooling Capitan 360
Memory Muhskin DDR3-1866
Storage Chronos SSD
Display(s) 3x VW266H
Case Ching Mien 600
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Win7x64
So did Ivanka's.

But we're talking about real security people.
Nuclear weapons plants take very good care of their data.

System Name Matter's / Helios 300 Predator
Processor Ryzen 7 2700 / i7 7700HQ
Motherboard B450 Tomahawk / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Cooling Arctic Freezer eSports Duo
Memory Patriot Viper ddr4 32gb / 32gb gskill ddr4
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 Super Ventus OC / GTX 1060 6gb
Storage Patriot Viper nvme M2, crucial MX300 275gb, Samsung 860 qvo 1tb
Display(s) Acer 24" 1080p / 15.6 1080p HD
Case Antec 300 / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Audio Device(s) On Board - Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Cans
Power Supply Antec 850watt high current pro
Mouse Steel series Rival 600
Keyboard Corsair K70 / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Software Win 10 Pro / Win 10 Home
Hard Drive and Tape Degaussing Service
and they get crushed.....
But we're talking about real security people
Nah it is a compliance/policy thing and it is across board for all Federal agencies. Trust me security personnel are rarely involved in that process, they just make sure policy has been followed.

But now we are off topic.

I do that to, Its to verify the package condition. Ebay probably thought you were little paranoid.

If you need to take a photo of the item before it is been sent, then you can do that by covering the end user address. There is no need to expose end users addresses just to show the item is well packed. EBAY Customer Service did not see it that way after I explain what could happen if the camera fell into the wrong hands. This is why they gave me a specific contact to report it to. A camera is normally used in the public, anything can happen to it, you can even be robbed of the camera, then you would know it is in the wrong hands.

With correct name & address you could send strange items or letters thought the post & some end users would open it not knowing what's inside.