• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Eczema treated with probiotics

System Name octo1
Processor dual Xeon 2687W ES
Motherboard Supermicro
Cooling dual Noctua NH-D14
Memory generic ECC reg
Video Card(s) 2 HD7950
Storage generic
Case Rosewill Thor
The role bacteria play in human health and disease just seems to keep growing. Now it seems that eczema is the result of having too few beneficial bacteria on your skin. These different strains of Staphylococcus produce a peptide that seems to regulate the growth of Staph. Aureus - which seems to be the culprit in eczema. Applying a lotion with high numbers of the beneficial Staph. strains might be a way to control the disease.

The lotion is currently in early clinical trials so you can't buy it yet but if the discovery pans out, normal periods for the FDA approval process are generally between 3 and 5 years.

https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2017/03/07/eczema-relief-probiotic-lotion-shows-early-promise/

Eczema is a noncontagious inflammatory skin condition characterized by a dry, itchy rash. It most commonly affects the cheeks, arms, and legs. Previous studies have suggested that the balance of microbes present on people with eczema is different than on those with healthy skin [1]. One major difference is a proliferation of a bad type of bacteria, called Staphylococcus aureus.

Recently, an NIH-funded research team found that healthy human skin harbors beneficial strains of Staphylococcus bacteria with the power to keep Staph aureus in check. To see if there might be a way to restore this natural balance artificially, the researchers created a lotion containing the protective bacteria and tested it on the arms of volunteers who had eczema [2]. Just 24 hours after one dose of the lotion was applied, the researchers found the volunteers’ skin had greatly reduced levels of Staph aureus. While further study is needed to learn whether the treatment can improve skin health, the findings suggest that similar lotions might offer a new approach for treating eczema and other skin conditions. Think of it as a probiotic for the skin!

System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
I got psoriasis and it's in the worst spots, around my eyes, my scalp and starting around my nostrils and lips. Hope this will work for me.

I have been told my my dermotologist to get immunospressants, however I can't have those due to getting sick too often as well as my hubby works sec. at a hospital so that's a no-no... even methotrexate is iffy, as it causes lymph node inflamation..

There's Excimer laser therapy, however the nearest one is around Kettering, OH or around the PA/WV border... which requires me to seek long term accomidations, which that would either result me spending 1000USD on a hotel or staying at my mom's house for about a month which would suck. Also requires visits every 3 months as well as follow ups... :( also might not be entirely covered by insurance.

Currently on creams and speacial shampoos and they are only doing weak difference :( and the shampoo keeps bring out of stock at my pharmacy... :(

Not a lot of treatment options for me... it sucks and the warmer weather lately has aggrivated it intensly... I need to move somewhere cold baaaad!

System Name octo1
Processor dual Xeon 2687W ES
Motherboard Supermicro
Cooling dual Noctua NH-D14
Memory generic ECC reg
Video Card(s) 2 HD7950
Storage generic
Case Rosewill Thor
Isn't psoriasis different from eczema. I've always wondered about that since they seem to be used interchangeably sometimes. But psoriasis is more an autoimmune issue, right? Or no?

Anyway, sorry to hear that you have those issues. I have my own share of health concerns and dealing with them is always psychological drain. I hope you find something that works for you.

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
Yeah this is been pretty well known for quite a long time actually. I can't speak specifically for psoriasis but certainly for conditions of the skin. When you're prescribed antibiotics many physicians will recommend you to take a probiotic to stave off yeast infections caused by the antibiotics, they don't want their patients baking loaves of bread in their pants

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
I have been told my my dermotologist to get immunospressants

That's like fixing an ingrown toenail with a hammer. You ever heard about... hookworm? Yes I said that. I'll try to find an article. At the least, you'll find it interesting.

Edit1: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4374592/ (very clinical and doesn't really get into efficacy).

Edit2: This gives more personal insight and stories: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/19/magazine/the-parasite-underground.html?_r=0

System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
They often use the same treatments

Isn't psoriasis different from eczema. I've always wondered about that since they seem to be used interchangeably sometimes. But psoriasis is more an autoimmune issue, right? Or no?

Anyway, sorry to hear that you have those issues. I have my own share of health concerns and dealing with them is always psychological drain. I hope you find something that works for you.