• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Edifier Releases the S880DB Hi-Res Audio Certified Powered Speakers

Premium audio has never looked so suave than with Edifier's brand new speakers, the S880DBs. Crafted with a high tech interior and completed with a glossy white exterior and wood side panels, these speakers will bring both a beautiful ambience and stunning aesthetic to any room. Whether as a gift for a loved one, or a treat for yourself, a set of these speakers is sure to impress.

More Kick Than You'd Believe
Accredited with Edifier's first High-Res Audio certification, the S880DB speakers are designed for people who love audio. Equipped with a titanium-laminate tweeter unit, you can expect you beautifully detailed acoustic music to play through these speakers with incredible fidelity.

The 19mm dome treble tweeter drive unit gives listeners optimal resolution with finely tuned sensitivity, providing a crisp and bright sound. Along with the tweeter, the S880DB's are also equipped with a metal diaphragm bass unit. This provides extremely sharp dynamics for the listener, and the aluminium frame increases power while minimising vibration.

You can expect to play any song from your playlist and the S880DB speakers will deliver on sound performance.

Connect With Your Music
Sound quality isn't the only important element in a speaker - another key component is connectability. With 6 different inputs for you to utilise, Edifier's S880DB's will fit into any situation.

Connect your phone or laptop to the speakers with Bluetooth, or plug them in manually via AUX. Connect your TV via the optical cord, or your radio with the coaxial input. As well as this, you can plug your music straight in via USB, or even connect the S880DB speakers to your gaming setup via the RCA input. So it's safe to say, no matter what your audio setup is, Edifier's S880DB's will adapt.

Tech Specs
For all the audiophiles out there, rest assured the S880DB speakers tick the boxes when it comes to quality. Equipped with an XMOS processor for USB capabilities and Bluetooth v4.1 technology these speakers are designed to keep up with the huge advancements in tech.

Listeners also get a built in amplifier, eliminating the need for an external amplifier or receiver. You can also fine tune your listening experience with 4 different EQ modes, as well a 192kHz sample signal rate through multiple inputs.

If you're looking for a beautiful set of speakers that provide incredible music for an extremely cost effective price, look no further than the Edifier S880DB. Constructed with the utmost care and consideration, these speakers were built for music appreciation. Complete your sound system with some of the best looking and sounding speakers on the market today.

The S880DB is available at SRP £259.99 from Amazon.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor i5-13500
Motherboard MSI MAG B760 Tomahawk WiFi DDR4
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 White
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX3060 12GB
Storage 250GB NVME (main) 1TB SSD (Game) 1TB HDD (Storage) 2TB HDD (ext Backup)
Display(s) Benq 27" GW2765 + Asus 27" VE278 + 55" Hisense
Case Cougar MX600 White
Audio Device(s) Audiotrack Prodigy Cube DAC + Edifer S330D + Plantronics RIG 400
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G403 Hero
Keyboard EVGA Z15 Brown Tactile (Blue Oring, Lube, Silence Pad)
Always loved Edifier speakers. These look great, would love to get one.
Still after 6 years, I still use my S330D on my DAC. Sound is great

Edifier remind me of Beats, designed to look good but inferior sound when compared to the competition.

Processor i5-13500
Case Cougar MX600 White
Audio Device(s) Audiotrack Prodigy Cube DAC + Edifer S330D + Plantronics RIG 400
Mouse Logitech G403 Hero
Edifier remind me of Beats, designed to look good but inferior sound when compared to the competition.
What not even close. Guess you never listen to any of them.

I don’t need to, that’s why we have review sites. Show me any model and I’ll post two links to better speakers for the same money.

S550 Encore and S760D I may need a replacement for my beloved Logitech Z5500 soon :(

Processor i5-13500
Case Cougar MX600 White
Mouse Logitech G403 Hero
I don’t need to, that’s why we have review sites. Show me any model and I’ll post two links to better speakers for the same money.
That right there is 100% pointless. Reviews are just that. Their own review on how it sounds to them. Varies to the source used (hardware and software).
Don't matter where someone lives, everyone has different opinions. But you mention Beats and inferior, without ant credible source.

That right there is 100% pointless. Reviews are just that. Their own review on how it sounds to them. Varies to the source used (hardware and software).
Don't matter where someone lives, everyone has different opinions. But you mention Beats and inferior, without ant credible source.
That’s because EVERY single pair of Beats headphones that have been released to this day have been inferior to the competition. You don’t need to be an audiophile to know that that is a view commonly expressed throughout the tech world. Look you like what you hear, that’s what matters right? But let’s get one thing straight Edifier, much like Beats are a brand that are more focused on aesthetically pleasing customers than they are in getting competitive products from an audio stand point.

Processor i5-13500
Case Cougar MX600 White
Mouse Logitech G403 Hero
But let’s get one thing straight Edifier, much like Beats are a brand that are more focused on aesthetically pleasing customers than they are in getting competitive products from an audio stand point.
That is not even remotely true. Edifier been around well over 22 years. No way you can even compare the two companies.
We have used their studio monitors in our recording studio for many years. We also used Kanto and KEF. All of them were great.

That is not even remotely true. Edifier been around well over 22 years. No way you can even compare the two companies.
We have used their studio monitors in our recording studio for many years. We also used Kanto and KEF. All of them were great.
Kanto and KEF? Now we’re talking proper speaker brands. Sure studio monitors are going to be their best sounding line, but I wouldn’t put them in the same class as KEF. I know Edifier released the R1700BT a couple of years back, and for their money were one of Edifiers better successes. That said they were too warm on the bass side and didn’t shine a light to the Tibo Plus 2, Wharfdale DS1 and the more expensive Ruark Audio MR1 monitors.

What not even close. Guess you never listen to any of them.

I have. Quite a few Edifier speakers in fact. Sent a pair back and got some Thonet & Vander Kugel (limited budget) - who at the same price point DESTROY the Edifier S1000DB I disliked. Dudes got a point - they are a bit 'Beats' like. They're not really up there with the best.

Kanto and KEF? Now we’re talking proper speaker brands. Sure studio monitors are going to be their best sounding line, but I wouldn’t put them in the same class as KEF. I know Edifier released the R1700BT a couple of years back, and for their money were one of Edifiers better successes. That said they were too warm on the bass side and didn’t shine a light to the Tibo Plus 2, Wharfdale DS1 and the more expensive Ruark Audio MR1 monitors.

Comparing Edifier to KEF is like comparing Mr Bean to James Bond.

Last edited:
System Name Tiger1-Workstation
Processor Intel XEON E3-1275V2 / E3-1230V3
Motherboard ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 / AsRock H87 Performance
Cooling Corsair H80i Watercooling
Memory 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400
Video Card(s) Inno3D GTX 780 Ti
Storage 2TB SSD(4X OCZ vertex 4 256GB LSI RAID0 + Crucial M550 1TB)
Display(s) 2x Dell U3011 30" IPS
Case Silverstone Raven 03
Audio Device(s) Xonar Essence STX--> Xonar Essence One --> SPL Auditor -->Hivi X6
Power Supply Corsair AX860i Platinum
Software Windows 8.1 Enterprise

Yes, you need to, because those reviews are not comparing or they do? I Heard many Edifier speakers throughout the years since 2005 and I liked what I heard, but I cannot compare with others I did not heard. Let's do this: do what you said you could do and "post two links to better speakers for the same money" that is clear why are better, how do you justify the "better", "brand" means nothing, actual single product model performance is always the deal. Choose any Edifier models for the last 2 years and do your thing. And if you trust reviews so much then read the user reviews on Amazon, they (verified buyers) even compare with many speakers of the known fad-brands and also the audiophiles in any site that got to listen the Edifier speakers and were surprised by the quality...and always the same thing: "I never heard of this brand before...".

It's common knowledge in the audiophile community that Edifier is garbage.

Can you justify that? (apart from the common knowledge fallacy) Is Phil Jones so useless? Is this guy, one of many audiophiles surprised by Edifier speakers, an impostor
? This one too
? There are channels of comparisons with good mics... And there are maaany others. But funny thing, except for the A series (A100-A200-A300) and the S series but less (S880D-S1000-S2000mkII/Pro), Edifier speakers are not usually for "audiophiles".

Audio Device(s) Xonar Essence STX--> Xonar Essence One --> SPL Auditor -->Hivi X6
Yes, you need to, because those reviews are not comparing or they do? I Heard many Edifier speakers throughout the years since 2005 and I liked what I heard, but I cannot compare with others I did not heard. Let's do this: do what you said you could do and "post two links to better speakers for the same money" that is clear why are better, how do you justify the "better", "brand" means nothing, actual single product model performance is always the deal. Choose any Edifier models for the last 2 years and do your thing. And if you trust reviews so much then read the user reviews on Amazon, they (verified buyers) even compare with many speakers of the known fad-brands and also the audiophiles in any site that got to listen the Edifier speakers and were surprised by the quality...and always the same thing: "I never heard of this brand before...".

Can you justify that? (apart from the common knowledge fallacy) Is Phil Jones so useless? Is this guy, one of many audiophiles surprised by Edifier speakers, an impostor
? This one too
? There are channels of comparisons with good mics... And there are maaany others. But funny thing, except for the A series (A100-A200-A300) and the S series but less (S880D-S1000-S2000mkII/Pro), Edifier speakers are not usually for "audiophiles".
I would have said Swan M200MK3

I would have said Swan M200MK3

Why? You heard them? Probably not, because you clearly have opinions without actual knowledge, but "common knowledge", which evidently in your cases is just ingrup opinion. Which is perfectly reflected in the fact that you again have an opinion on the video without actually knowing, watching it: he did choose the Swan M200MKIII, but only because those were more adequate for what he needed that was over a desk, while the Edifier were better for a living room he said (which judging the Edifier website, that's the idea). But he liked both a lot.
Why you people are like this?

Why? You heard them? Probably not, because you clearly have opinions without actual knowledge, but "common knowledge", which evidently in your cases is just ingrup opinion. Which is perfectly reflected in the fact that you again have an opinion on the video without actually knowing, watching it: he did choose the Swan M200MKIII, but only because those were more adequate for what he needed that was over a desk, while the Edifier were better for a living room he said (which judging the Edifier website, that's the idea). But he liked both a lot.
Why you people are like this?
No, I owned a pair of them way back in the days in my office, they were one of my first speakers. Currently I own a pair of Swan(now Hivi) X6

Last edited:
No, I owned a pair of them way back in the days in my office, they were one of my first speakers. Currently I own a pair of Swan(now Hivi) X6

No what? A pair of what? Anyway, wow those X6 are horrible in aesthetics, but as long as they sound good they're good, that's first, and congrats if so.

No what? A pair of what? Anyway, wow those X6 are horrible in aesthetics, but as long as they sound good they're good, that's first, and congrats if so.

I owned a pair of M200MKIII before back in the days.
The X6 actually won a CES innovation award for its design, but yea they sound great.