• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EK Water Block Announces EK-Vector Blocks Engineered for AMD Navi GPUs

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
EK Water Blocks, the leading premium computer liquid cooling gear manufacturer, is releasing two EK-Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT water blocks that are compatible with reference design AMD Radeon RX 5700 and 5700 XT graphics cards. This efficient and elegant-looking cooling will allow your high-end Navi graphics card to reach higher boost clocks, thus providing more overclocking headroom and more performance during gaming or other GPU intense tasks.

This water block directly cools the GPU, 8 GB of GDDR6 memory, and VRM (voltage regulation module) as cooling liquid is channeled directly over these critical areas. These newly developed water blocks feature a redesigned cooling engine that has a larger footprint compared to the previous generation of EK Full Cover water blocks. This results in a larger surface area for heat transfer which increases the thermal performance of these water blocks.

The base of the block is made of high-grade copper or nickel-plated electrolytic copper while the top is made of high-quality acrylic material or black POM Acetal material (depending on the variant). The entire plexi covered block is lit up with RGB while the acetal version is implementing RGB in the aesthetic white corner piece. The top material does not affect the block performance in any way. The block also features a special plastic cover over the block Terminal which is also lit with RGB. This add-on is designed to reveal the graphics card model, visible from the side. Sealing is ensured by high-quality EPDM O-Rings. The brass standoffs are already pre-installed and allow for a safe and easy installation procedure.

EK also encloses a single-slot I/O bracket which replaces the original two-slot in order to make installation of multiple graphics cards easier and also transforms the GPU into a gorgeous single slot solution.

The EK-Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT RGB water blocks are compatible with popular RGB sync technologies from all major motherboard manufacturers since it features a classic 4-pin 12 V RGB LED strip.

The EK-Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT RGB water blocks are compatible with the reference design Radeon RX 5700 and RX5700 XT graphics cards.

Overclocking
Liquid cooling your Radeon RX 5700 GPU will allow you to overclock it to the maximum clock allowed by the card and reach 10-20% better results depending on workload or game you're playing. Even while overclocked your card will reach far lower temperatures and less noise than factory clocked with air cooling ensuring an even longer lifespan of the card.

EK-Vector RX 5700+ XT backplates
EK-Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT Backplate is a CNC machined retention backplate made from black anodized aluminum and nickel-plated aluminum for EK-Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT series water blocks. Backplate covers the whole length of graphics cards PCB, serves as an aesthetic add-on and also provides passive cooling for the backside of the voltage regulation module (VRM). This backplate is guaranteed to be compatible with reference PCB AMD Radeon RX Navi series graphics cards and respective EK blocks.

Availability and pricing
The EK-Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT RGB blocks and backplates are made in Slovenia, Europe and are available for pre-order through the EK Webshop or EK Partner Reseller Network. They will start shipping on Monday, 26th of July 2019.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Bongfjaes
Processor AMD 3700x
Motherboard Assus Crosshair VII Hero
Cooling Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 2x8GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MT/s CL14
Video Card(s) GTX 970
Storage Adata SX8200 Pro 1TB + Lots of spinning rust
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2268wm
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Creative SoundBlaster AE-5
Power Supply Seasonic TTR-1000
Mouse Pro Intellimouse
Keyboard SteelKeys 6G
Review:

2150Mhz was limited by MSI max value limit, and it only consumed 20W more @2150Mhz!.

D

Deleted member 158293

Really like the single slot goodness.
, AIBs need to make a half length PCB version of the card.

Dang, really like the look of these; the smooth front end and clear acrylic is quite pleasing.

Processor 5800x
Motherboard b550-e
Cooling full - custom liquid loop
Memory cl16 - 32gb
Video Card(s) 6800xt
Storage nvme 1TB + ssd 750gb
Display(s) xg32vc
Case hyte y60
Power Supply 1000W - gold
Software 10
That was quick, but then I seen price, I'll wait other brands make the same but cheaper

Processor R9 5800x3d | R7 3900X | 4800H | 2x Xeon gold 6142
Motherboard Asrock X570M | AB350M Pro 4 | Asus Tuf A15
Cooling Air | Air | duh laptop
Memory 64gb G.skill SniperX @3600 CL16 | 128gb | 32GB | 192gb
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 |Quadro P5000 | RTX2060M
Storage Many drives
Display(s) M32Q,AOC 27" 144hz something.
Case Jonsbo D41
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse g502 Lightspeed
Keyboard G913 tkl
Software win11, proxmox
Benchmark Scores 33000FS, 16300 TS. Lappy, 7000 TS.
if they came with 48-56 cu, water block and my god I think that'd be awesome!

D

Deleted member 182486

That was quick, but then I seen price, I'll wait other brands make the same but cheaper

Make sure to log in to see your actual regional price. I believe you can also add it to the cart and make it to the section where you're about to pay and it'll updated based on your shipping location.

brunovito2

Really like the single slot goodness.
, AIBs need to make a half length PCB version of the card.
Yeah, would have been amazing and also a ton of help in building a custom loop in more compact cases with less space. That way you could use a thicker radiator and still easily fit a D5. Really good idea.

D

Deleted member 158293

Yeah, would have been amazing and also a ton of help in building a custom loop in more compact cases with less space. That way you could use a thicker radiator and still easily fit a D5. Really good idea.

Yeah that's the holy grail... I missed out on it last time and I don't know if AMD, or anybody else, will be able to top their Fury Nano anytime soon...

But if they do I'll be first in line this time.