• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EK Waterblocks Launches EK-Quantum Reflection Obsidian 1000D D5 PWM D-RGB Distro Plate

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
EK, the premium water cooling gear manufacturer, is launching the EK-Quantum Reflection Obsidian 1000D D5 PWM D-RGB, a reservoir, routing, and pump solution specifically engineered for Corsair Obsidian 1000D case. This distro plate is made to provide a unique water-cooling solution with dual D5 pumps for users who demand premium aesthetics, silence, and enough flow for multiple GPUs or even dual systems in one case.

This distribution plate is designed to bring the slim-lined EK Quantum aesthetics to the front of the 1000D case and to offer high flow and silent operation thanks to two serially connected genuine D5 pumps. While it is slim, it's absolutely massive in surface and weighs in at a whopping 5.3 kilograms. EK-Quantum Reflection Obsidian 1000D D5 distribution plate will only fit the Corsair Obsidian 1000D Super-Tower.

The distro plate takes up both frontal radiator mounting positions, leaving room for two thick XE 480 mm radiators in the top. Three metal brackets come with this Reflection waterway - two are used to mount it to the front telescoping radiator tray. The third is used, if your loop is utilizing soft tubing, to connect the top and front radiator trays, allowing you to pull them out together.

This water distribution plate comes with a pair of powerful and silent, PWM-controlled genuine D5 pumps and built-in addressable D-RGB LED strip that runs down the entire length of the unit while anodized black aluminium cover hides the unwanted LED hotspots.

Availability and Pricing
EK-Quantum Reflection Obsidian 1000D D5 PWM D-RGB distribution plate is made in Slovenia, Europe and is available for order through EK Webshop or EK Partner Reseller Network for €699.99.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Also, €700 for a lump of acrylic and 2 x D5s is seriously taking the piss ... and again, like some of the other ones that EK have recently announced, the layout of the distro plate is extremely eccentric, to put it mildly. Seems like virtually no thought or testing was put into it. It looks absolutely bizarre.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard ASROCK B550 Phantom Gaming ITX
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage 1TB WD_Black SN850 + 2TB Samsung 860 Evo
Display(s) LG 32UP83A
Case SSUPD Meshroom S
Audio Device(s) Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-1000
Mouse Logitech MX518 Legendary
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB PRO Cherry MX Blue
Software Windows 11 Pro
Press release for a distro plate suited to one specific case. No images mounted in said case.
Ridiculous right? Even the news section of their own website has no pictures of it in the case. Had to go to the actual store product page where there were only like 2 pictures of it in the case. It sits in the front where the grid of 8 fans go.

I understand the limited quantity, machining, project and work-hours required to make thing like this, but 700 Euro that's daylight robbery. Even at extreme retail prices: 150 for two D5s + 80 (acrylic) dual D5 top from AC (e.g.) and whatever res required you arrive at the value nowhere near this outrageous sum.

I don't even start about pointlessly convoluted fluid channels.

Oh and I would love to see people doing regular maintenance on this. That's whole day of unscrewing bolts, polishing and then putting it back together without o-rings flexing and cracking/stripping the acrylic threads... hold my beer, I'll get the popcorn too. :D

I don't even start about pointlessly convoluted fluid channels.

All of these new distro plates that EK have announced are like this. It looks like they gave a child a bunch of pins to stick on a cork board. They're all over the place ... this is the worst as it's the largest.

Their older distro plates were not like this at all.

Literally the only thing these new distro plates have going for them is that they use D5s ... but that does not necessitate appalling design of the distro plates' channels and connections.

MrAndroidRobot

EK is taking away the WHOLE front radiator space which mind you holds dual 480mm Rads for this distro plate. They're literally saying screw cooling which means only a top radiator and rear exhaust (top supports a 420mm rad). I have the 1000D and it sucks even with dual frontal 480mm rads due to the way Corsair designed the interior. EK lost their way with this recent garbage to say the least