• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Elder Scrolls V SKYRIM !! 11-11-11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benetanegia

lol... just lol..

I love how Ben says 'young people' and he's an 80's child. I was born in 1974 young man, listen up....

lol I didn't meant to say I'm old at all. I said young people as 5+ years younger than me. But I still think I have a point and although I'm definately young, yet, IMO there is a big difference between people born in the early 80's versus the ones that were born in late 80's, when it comes to games. It's a big difference IMO, I grew playing the first Mario games, Monkey Island games, Street Fighter, and my first PC game was the first Prince of Persia. While more advanced than the VGames you (or even older people here on TPU) probably played when you were kids, they were still very simple and left a lot to imagination, both from the description of the world they were trying to represent and the story which usually consisted in a bunch of lines here and there.

It's in the late 90's when a breakthrough happened IMO and after that we are talking about people who grew with Metal Gear, Half-life, Tomb Raider, Halo etc (even maybe Duke Nukem 3D). Games that offered a much more elaborate story and left far far less to the imagination. The difference between Doom 1&2 (1993-1994) and (even) Duke 3D (1995) is mind blowing IMO, and the perception of people who had played previous games vs the ones whose first game was something like Duke3D is quite different. It was not an evolution but a revolution if you get what I mean. Even my brother who is 2 years younger than me has a different perception. Of course, you may see it differently, but that's how I see it. I had already been playing for 10+ years by the time that those games were released and it completely changed the landscape, for the good, of course, but maybe not for the best of kids. Not for the ones with lazy parents at least. In the end video games are never the culprt, parents are.

And regarding P&P RPG like I said most people play with rules, but some play with custom rules made by them and can change them on the fly as they see fit. It's just a matter of talking about it and decide what's reasonable, in the end it's all about having a good time together. There's room for all kinds of games, I just don't understand how some people act as if anyone who wants something different, has to be critized and "corrected". I never said I wanted to play without rules, nor that I want a game without rules, TES has rules, I just don't want them to change. (change for the worse, that is)

Last edited:
W

wahdangun

i just wish kinect would support windows and come earlier, this is the game that i think will great for it, wow i i even jizzed my pants trying to imagine how cool it will be

imagine slaying the wolf with your barehand

System Name Unknown
Processor AMD Bulldozer FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V
Cooling XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 for CPU
Memory 8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance Red DDR3 RAM 1922mhz (10-11-9-27)
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Storage Samsung SSD 254GB and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Display(s) AOC 23" @ 1920x1080 + Asus 27" 1440p
Case HAF X
Audio Device(s) X Fi Titanium 5.1 Surround Sound
Power Supply 750 Watt PP&C Silencer Black
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
i just wish kinect would support windows and come earlier, this is the game that i think will great for it, wow i i even jizzed my pants trying to imagine how cool it will be

imagine slaying the wolf with your barehand

I'm really hoping they have Move support for the PS3 or they hurry and get the Move working on the PC (Currently in Development). Gladiator is such a bad ass game with your Shield in one hand and sword in the other, this would work so well in a TES game.

You would actually be able to wield your weapons and swing them too!:D

System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
the company that made most of the parts for kinect is releasing their own pc accessory. i will try to find the story.
i agree, i would like move. there is already cl-eye(ps3 camera) support, i would think it's just software now (as long as you have bt in your pc)

@ bene , i see your point. it makes sense. I would think there HAS to be a perception difference between myself, starting with original mario and such, even D&D on Atari. Didn't have a lot of games abut a select few good ones :) anywyay, there has to be a difference between myself, and someone who started with psx, or 90s pc games. If the first pc game I ever played was Diablo...wow. that would have been something. but i think i have more of an appreciation for the rapid advancement in technology, having seen it at such an early stage naturally. I was born in 85, but we were always behind technologically.

Processor Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670
Storage Intel 520 60GB, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB
Display(s) BenQ 24" XL2420T
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Power Supply Corsair AX650
Mouse steelseries Sensei MLG edition
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Pro
Software Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
I don't think Skyrim has any Move or Kinect support.

System Name Eldritch
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF X570 Pro Wifi
Cooling Satan's butthole after going to Taco Bell
Memory 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 6*8TB Western Digital Blues in RAID 6, 2*512 GB Samsung 960 Pros
Display(s) Acer CB281HK
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro PH-ES614P_BK
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar DX
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750 G2
Mouse Razer Viper 8K
Software Debian Bullseye
@Ben: Have you played Fallout 1? There is literally between little and no story to it, just "we need a waterchip, go find it". And it's not based on D&D, just so you know.

@Wahdangun: Maybe if I could snap it's neck.

EDIT: @wahdangun: That would make the art of stealth so much better, imagine running across rooftops, a gaurd doesn't see you, you land behind him in a bushy spot *snap!*. No more of that 4x critical crap.

Last edited:

Benetanegia

@Ben: Have you played Fallout 1? There is literally between little and no story to it, just "we need a waterchip, go find it". And it's not based on D&D, just so you know.

I have not played it.

I know it's not D&D lol. But it's SPECIAL anyway, which is nothing but a modification of GURPS which is once again a rule system based on experience points and skill points gained at level up.

A role playing game does not need those (IRL, not in video games, in videogames rules are needed) and a P&P session can be conducted with no statistics at all.

i.e someone might choose to be a barbarian whose main power is that he is strong. How much? Very strong. Nothing more is really necessary as long as there is a consensus about what a strong human is. Later on when faced against an enemy like a troll, an ogre or something, such player will not be able to beat it by sheer brute force, or using his warhammer, etc, because everyone understands that even a strong human is not powerful enough to beat them. He/she will have to find another way to beat them, and as long as the response is fun and imaginative, it will probably succeed only based on the consnsus of other players. Same if for example the group needs to move a rock to open an entrance to a cave or something, the situation and the posible resolutions can be evaluated in a per case basis and are almost invariably evaluated based on imagination, fun factor and how well the player exposes his/her case.

Because like I said, in this style of RPG the objective is imagination and fun, not necessarily beating the game. And if you ask me it's far more fun to play than with a playbook, especially if there's some drinks involved and players are long time friends. Running jokes within the group can make for great powers and weapons, ie.

- someone who doesn't like paying some beers when you go out, etc, can gain the "insurmountably greedy" ability, which makes him so greedy he can even steal for himself all the air and/or light from a room, in certain situations.
- or common objects can obtain mythic properties, like that home made undrinkable vomit inducing liquor you all drank that night when you were post-teenagers and which obtains the status of explosive, corrosive, poisonous and whatnot.
the "incredibly big sausage" that can crush anything under its weight...
or to put an example that maybe more people can understand, "the fifth and final slap" which would be a one time one hit kill slap that would kill any human-like character. You know, based on the joke in the show How I Met Your Mother.

System Name Thakk
Processor i7 6700k @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte G1 Z170N ITX
Cooling H55 AIO
Memory 32GB DDR4 3100 c16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX3080 Trinity
Storage Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD / Intel 250GB SSD / Samsung Pro 512 SSD / 3TB Seagate SV32
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 100hz IPS Gsync / HTC Vive
Case QBX
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 > Creative Gigaworks T40 > AKG Q701
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Ducky Shine TKL MX Blue + Vortex PBT Doubleshots
Software Windows 10 64bit
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/fs/12108888
Morrowind, because of it's surreal nature, had more of a sense of wonder while exploring.
Let's hope that Skyrim brings some of that back.

hahah yeah this. frakin mushroom for trees, floating overlord like animals, and that perpetual howling sound in the background. really felt authentic

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
morrowind was just fun because you could access high level gear in locations by sneaking in, stealing shit, or just randomly exploring (glass armor 20 minutes in? hell yeah!)

W

wahdangun

EDIT: @wahdangun: That would make the art of stealth so much better, imagine running across rooftops, a gaurd doesn't see you, you land behind him in a bushy spot *snap!*. No more of that 4x critical crap.

yupz, it will really bring a new definition of action RPG, if they really support it on windows i will immediately buy kinncet just to play TES

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory Kingston Fury Beast DDR5-5600 16GBx2
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT 16GB
Storage TEAMGROUP T-Force Z440 2TB, SPower A60 2TB, SPower A55 2TB, Seagate 4TBx2, Samsung 870 2TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 + Xitrix WFP-2415
Case Montech Air X
Audio Device(s) Realtek onboard
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G304
Keyboard Redragon K557 KAIA RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10
The lyrics in the trailer were initially thought by some to be English, but are actually in the language of dragons:

Dovahkiin Dovahkiin
Naal ok zin los vahriin
Wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal
Ahrk fin norok paal graan
Fod nust hon zindro zaan
Dovahkiin Fah hin kogaan mu draal

Which translates to:

Dragonborn Dragonborn
By his honor is sworn
To keep evil forever at bay
And the fiercest foes rout
When they hear triumph's shout
Dragonborn for your blessing we pray

Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64
Yeah sometimes there are Game Informers amongst the stacks and stacks of new magazines and trade publications we get here at the ol' ad firm but sadly not this month. :(

I suppose I could go to Borders a block away.

I was born in 1974 young man, listen up....

'74 FTW Wooooo! :p

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
hahah yeah this. frakin mushroom for trees, floating overlord like animals, and that perpetual howling sound in the background. really felt authentic

You wandered around for awhile in town checking things out after they dropped you off.
You head off down the trail.
A mage falls out of the sky and lands dead in the trail in front of you from a bad jump spell.
WTF !!

You finally find the guy you are looking for in a quest.
He basically tells you, "I don't know you, go away", without any more clues as to what to do.
WTF !!

You got directions in a quest that said, "It's to the North."
WTF !!

The unexpected is what made Morrowind great. Bring that back please, Bethesda.

The_Ish

Processor Intel i7 2600K
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V Pro
Cooling Corsair H60
Memory 12GB Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 580 DirectCU II
Storage Corsair F120 SSD +9,5TB storage
Display(s) Dell U2410
Case HAF X
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Software Win 7 x64
Benchmark Scores I only care about practical performance.

I will /wrist before i try to run in place and jump. True keyboard warriors do not have able bodies :rockout:

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten
lets hope its optimised DX11 with good eyefinity support, good 3D support (for Nvidia users) and good tesselation support that makes it faster, not slower :D

and and some kind of neural interface so i can just THINK at it, too.

good melee controls would be nice too...

Why no 3d love for ATI mussels?

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Why no 3d love for ATI mussels?

i cant use the 3D unless its true 120Hz flavoured - and i aint seen many games i can sustain 120FPS at for the entire duration. even 20 seconds of flickery shite 3D via glasses would result in a game session ending headache for me.

also, nvidia seem to be way on top with the 3D stuff... ATI (like me) just doesnt give a shit :p

System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.8GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte X48T-DQ6
Cooling Zalman 9500 LED CPU Cooler
Memory 2x 2GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 DHX - 1600MH/PC3-12800
Video Card(s) Gigabyte HD4870 1GB
Storage 2x Seagate 320GB Barracuda (RAID 0) 3x 1TB Samsung F3, 140GB WD Maxtor (10,000rpm)
Display(s) 2x 20" LG Flatron L204WS
Power Supply Powercool 850W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Can't wait for this game!!

Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Case Corsair 550D
System Name The Venerable One
Processor Intel Core i7 980x 3.33GHz
Motherboard EVGA X58 FTW3
Cooling Big Ass fan pointed at the motherboard with the side panel off FTW
Memory 12GB DDR3 1333
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 680 Superclocked X2 in SLI
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256MB SSD/1.5TB HDD internal
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster 2443BWX 24" 1920X1200
Case SK-503 Super Case
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply SeaSonic 1000W Platinum Rated
Software Windows 7 Home SP1 64-bit
Benchmark Scores epic
MAKE THIS UTILIZE A QUAD CORE CPU ON PC BETHESDA! That was what was wrong with Oblivion, it wasn't drawing that much but was not utilizing enough system resources to get it done. I know this game will pwn so hard, I love Morrowind and Oblivion still, two of my most faves by far. Not playing the Doom looking first two, too many other games to play.

That guy dropping out of the sky in Morrowind was really cool, the other two instances, meh not so much.

I love going to Ghostgate to steal me some glass armor, then I set my ninja mod armor to those stats for my 1337 arse ninjer.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
Nice. If it does what they are saying, Skyrim has the potential to be awesome.

System Name Unknown
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Storage Samsung SSD 254GB and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Case HAF X
I swear if its a blend of MOrrowind and Oblivion it will be something epic alright! Or they warm up an entirely new feeling I'm down for that too! RELEASE A DEMO OR SOMETHING PLEAS THE WAITING IS KILLING ME!

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
MAKE THIS UTILIZE A QUAD CORE CPU ON PC BETHESDA! That was what was wrong with Oblivion, it wasn't drawing that much but was not utilizing enough system resources to get it done. I know this game will pwn so hard, I love Morrowind and Oblivion still, two of my most faves by far. Not playing the Doom looking first two, too many other games to play.

That guy dropping out of the sky in Morrowind was really cool, the other two instances, meh not so much.

I love going to Ghostgate to steal me some glass armor, then I set my ninja mod armor to those stats for my 1337 arse ninjer.

if its DX11, then we have our multithreading.

System Name Unknown
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Case HAF X
Something tells me its not going to have DX11 or it would have been mentioned already :((Unless its still in the works for some reaons). Interesting enough the pics almost seem as though they are using DX11.

Status
Not open for further replies.