• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Electric costs to run the crunchers and folding PCs....

System Name Office
Processor Ryzen 5600G
Motherboard ASUS B450M-A II
Cooling be quiet! Shadow Rock LP
Memory 16GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX 5600 XT
Storage PNY CS1030 250GB, Crucial MX500 2TB
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Fractal Define 7 Compact
Power Supply EVGA 550 G3
Mouse Logitech M705 Marthon
Keyboard Logitech G410
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H2
Didn't the UK GOV say they are going to build more nuclear stations in the UK recently?

Also I don't know when, but they are going to build a ton more offshore wind generators off the east coast, Humber region i believe

Even if the UK gets more nuclear generation, that's years from coming online. Wind could be sooner, but I'd be shocked if the first came online any less than 24 months out.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
Even if the UK gets more nuclear generation, that's years from coming online. Wind could be sooner, but I'd be shocked if the first came online any less than 24 months out.
Apparently around 3 years for wind more depending on size of "farm", 15 - 20 years for nuclear and even that's a challenge.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
I think its all a little too late really but maybe better late than never? I mean would it hurt if every new house had solar installed or something like that to help with the power draw? They would like us to have EV's and all that jazz, wouldn't putting it on a building site of houses be a better course of action rather than trying to pull even more from the grid??

I did email a company for a call about a battery to go with the solar I have.. Wonder what sort of price that will be.....

System Name Work Computer | Unfinished Computer
Processor Core i7-6700 | Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Dell Q170 | Gigabyte Aorus Elite Wi-Fi
Cooling A fan? | Truly Custom Loop
Memory 4x4GB Crucial 2133 C17 | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600 C26
Video Card(s) Dell Radeon R7 450 | RTX 2080 Ti FE
Storage Crucial BX500 2TB | TBD
Display(s) 3x LG QHD 32" GSM5B96 | TBD
Case Dell | Heavily Modified Phanteks P400
Power Supply Dell TFX Non-standard | EVGA BQ 650W
Mouse Monster No-Name $7 Gaming Mouse| TBD
You can use simple automotive batteries. The charger is the pricey bit.

A solar company will probably try to sell you a more expensive sealed battery, but that is not strictly necessary if you don't mind maintaining the batteries.

System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
I think its all a little too late really but maybe better late than never? I mean would it hurt if every new house had solar installed or something like that to help with the power draw? They would like us to have EV's and all that jazz, wouldn't putting it on a building site of houses be a better course of action rather than trying to pull even more from the grid??

I did email a company for a call about a battery to go with the solar I have.. Wonder what sort of price that will be.....

solar power is a long term thing.. nothing done now will show a payback return over the next year or so.. my 8 x 100 amp lithium batteries cost me about £450 each.. i also have 2 in my caravan so that is 10 in total.. total cost for the batteries around £4500..

car batteries are not really suitable.. cheap lead acid leisure batteries could be used but only as a last resort.. the way i see it the cost of anything solar is gonna go through the roof just like the cost of energy.. or in simple terms its too late to do anything now except use less..

the next year is gonna be grim.. ending the economic war with russia would be a wise move but i dont see much wisdom in our current set of leaders.. as dumb as f-ck would be a better description..

to be honest this situation is far worse than most folks think it is.. bad things are gonna happen..

trog

Last edited:

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Software Win 10 Home x64

We still live in a time where buyers are put off by houses with installed solar panels and unless they are free or come with more substantial grants anyone who owns a home but thinks they may move sometime in the future will not invest in a solar install.

The first starting point for me that could happen almost immediately is that every new house built comes with solar panels to a designated minimum spec and the builder gets the government subsidy to install the system, in the next decade alone the government is hopeful that 2 million new homes will be built (maybe a little optimistic) ..... it would be a start. By the 2050 zero emission deadline we could have 30 - 40% of our housing stock solar powered.

We still live in a time where buyers are put off by houses with installed solar panels and unless they are free or come with more substantial grants anyone who owns a home but thinks they may move sometime in the future will not invest in a solar install.

The first starting point for me that could happen almost immediately is that every new house built comes with solar panels to a designated minimum spec and the builder gets the government subsidy to install the system, in the next decade alone the government is hopeful that 2 million new homes will be built (maybe a little optimistic) ..... it would be a start. By the 2050 zero emission deadline we could have 30 - 40% of our housing stock solar powered.

If every new home in the UK had panels fitted, feeding the grid, it would be pretty cool.

System Name money pit..
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
If every new home in the UK had panels fitted, feeding the grid, it would be pretty cool.

future pie in the sky dreams are not gonna help the current energy crisis situation.. people being put off by solar installations is part of the past it will not apply in the future.. in fact the opposite will apply.

things have changed.. the main change being all things solar are gonna go up inline with energy prices going up.. not a lot can be done about that..

about a month back i bought a dokio 200 watt foldable solar panel kit for my caravan.. it cost me £199 quid.. try buying one now.. the best i could find on ebay was direct from china at over £500 quid..

the ones already in the UK have all been sold and the next batch from china will have different prices.. the dokio 200 watt panel was a popular item.. because you can point it at the sun better then the 300 watts fixed on my caravan roof it produce about the same output.. the pair together produce about 15 amps or 200 watts.. in the UK solar panels produce about half of what they are rated at and that is with the sun shining nicely..

past thinking needs to change.. things aint quite what they were.. the current lets bankrupt russia with sanctions type thinking aint gonna work.. Europe and the UK are likely to go bankrupt first..

trog

dgianstefani

TPU Proofreader
Staff member
System Name Silent
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D @ 5.15ghz BCLK OC, TG AM5 High Performance Heatspreader
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I, chipset fans removed
Cooling Optimus AMD Raw Copper/Plexi, HWLABS Copper 240/40+240/30, D5, 4x Noctua A12x25, Mayhems Ultra Pure
Memory 32 GB Dominator Platinum 6150 MHz 26-36-36-48, 57ns AIDA, 2050 FLCK, 160 ns TRFC
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition, Conductonaut Extreme, 18 W/mK MinusPad Extreme, Corsair XG7 Waterblock
Storage Intel Optane DC P1600X 118 GB, Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB
Display(s) 32" 240 Hz 1440p Samsung G7, 31.5" 165 Hz 1440p LG NanoIPS Ultragear
Case Sliger SM570 CNC Aluminium 13-Litre, 3D printed feet, custom front panel with pump/res combo
Audio Device(s) Audeze Maxwell Ultraviolet, Razer Nommo Pro
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum, transparent custom cables, Sentinel Pro 1500 Online Double Conversion UPS
Mouse Razer Viper Pro V2 Mercury White w/Tiger Ice Skates & Pulsar Supergrip tape
Keyboard Wooting 60HE+ module, TOFU Redux Burgundy w/brass weight, Prismcaps White & Jellykey, lubed/modded
Software Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 19053.3803
Benchmark Scores Legendary
We definitely need something done about ours and why we aren't either building more storage or even getting more solar or nuclear plants built is beyond me... The world and what is going on is changing and whilst I struggle to understand the reasoning for some of it, things have to change but ripping off a country full of people because things haven't been thought of or changed over the time/years, isn't acceptable.

But wait, lets make electric cars, that'll solve everything.......

I digress.... But thank god for my solar panels, I'll hopefully be able to control the power I use a little more than most. I have worries it'll hit prices like a £1/kW for electric or something like 30p to 40p for gas... Heaven help the country if it ever makes it to £8000 for an average user.... Was worse than my mortgage...
My landlord put up a notice on the fridge at the shared house I live in for uni, "can't afford to pay for washing machine/dryer" "use the washing line".

Sure, sure, seems fine at first right? I mean energy crisis and it's seems legit.

Then I did the math, worked out the energy cost assuming £0.50/KWhr prices, which AFAIK they aren't yet here in Wales, my total energy bill including gas (I cycle home from the surgery around 6:30pm then straight away have a cold shower as it's 20km), came to around £50 upper limit/month, making assumptions I gamed straight for 4hrs a day (assuming max PC energy draw, I don't, maybe one hour gaming and three to four hours of office work), and used the oven for an hour a day (I don't), and two loads of laundry per week, 60 min wash @300W/Hr rate 60 min dry @2200W/Hr.

Point is, the guy has 6 tenants paying £400+ per month in rent, easily covering the mortgage and bills for this kind of two storey house, even though it's seafront, each of whom would use less energy than I do, being a tech enthusiast, and he's still saying we should dry our clothes in the air of the wettest city in the UK... I get home from work when it's dark LMAO, and there's a nurse who works 12hr day/night shifts.

Clean nuclear modern fission/fasttracked fusion is the only solution, but I still don't think energy prices are at the point where it's unreasonable to expect an average family to pay their bill. Learn to live with less, you know?

Honestly, i'm just going to give him an extra £15 per week and say keep it, I'm going to continue using the dryer as much as I need to. Gotta get back into those cycling clothes again tomorrow morning lol. I don't even use the heating in my room.

AM4isGOD said:
Wonder how many others in the UK in shared housing are gonna get screwed by these type of landlords.
If he argues, I'll just leave, with the extra job I've taken with techpowerup, plus my NHS job, I can pay for a flat and sort bills out myself. I like the location i'm in as I have a direct view of the bay and beach from my bedroom window, but I can get that elsewhere.

Plus my excuse for the 3080ti is that it's useful for folding proteins lmao.

Last edited:
My landlord put up a notice on the fridge at the shared house I live in for uni, "can't afford to pay for washing machine/dryer" "use the washing line".

Sure, sure, seems fine at first right? I mean energy crisis and it's seems legit.

Then I did the math, worked out the energy cost assuming £0.50/KWhr prices, which AFAIK they aren't yet here in Wales, my total energy bill including gas (I cycle home from the surgery around 6:30pm then straight away have a cold shower as it's 20km), came to around £50 upper limit/month, making assumptions I gamed straight for 4hrs a day (assuming max PC energy draw, I don't, maybe one hour gaming and three to four hours of office work), and used the oven for an hour a day (I don't), and two loads of laundry per week, 60 min wash @300W/Hr rate 60 min dry @2200W/Hr.

Point is, the guy has 6 tenants paying £400+ per month in rent, easily covering the mortgage and bills for this kind of two storey house, even though it's seafront, each of whom would use less energy than I do, being a tech enthusiast, and he's still saying we should dry our clothes in the air of the wettest city in the UK... I get home from work when it's dark LMAO, and there's a nurse who works 12hr day/night shifts.

Clean nuclear modern fission/fasttracked fusion is the only solution, but I still don't think energy prices are at the point where it's unreasonable to expect an average family to pay their bill. Learn to live with less, you know?

Honestly, i'm just going to give him an extra £15 per week and say keep it, I'm going to continue using the dryer as much as I need to. Gotta get back into those cycling clothes again tomorrow morning lol. I don't even use the heating in my room.

Wonder how many others in the UK in shared housing are gonna get screwed by these type of landlords.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(

I think this is the best starting point, it might be a small gesture in a way but with every home being built and having them on, it would make a massive difference. 100 homes with 3kW of panels for arguement sake is 3MW? So there's some more power right there, yes it might not be 100% all the time, its the UK after all but crikey, its better than not having an extra 3MW to be able to use and help with our dependancy on using the stupid gas power stations... I mean whoever came up with that just needs to be slapped in the face (brings me back to the Cartman meme..... but I digress...)

And as for the renters as @dgianstefani mentions with not being able to afford the electric is a joke, £2400+ a month isn't a mortgage, that's a damn profitering mortgage and they shouldn't be allowed to do it but again, money and greed just annoys the hell out of me... If they can't afford a bit more electric out of that then there's a problem... (as long as tenants don't take the pee I mean...)
I mean its no different now with solar as @trog100 mentions with his panel for the caravan below, only thing has changed is that someone figures they can charge more for the same product, its not cost more to make or ship the product as such as they already had a stock, but yet because people think they need something, they buy it and the seller can get away with it... Boils my doo doo.... :mad:
future pie in the sky dreams are not gonna help the current energy crisis situation.. people being put off by solar installations is part of the past it will not apply in the future.. in fact the opposite will apply.

things have changed.. the main change being all things solar are gonna go up inline with energy prices going up.. not a lot can be done about that..

about a month back i bought a dokio 200 watt foldable solar panel kit for my caravan.. it cost me £199 quid.. try buying one now.. the best i could find on ebay was direct from china at over £500 quid..

the ones already in the UK have all been sold and the next batch from china will have different prices.. the dokio 200 watt panel was a popular item.. because you can point it at the sun better then the 300 watts fixed on my caravan roof it produce about the same output.. the pair together produce about 15 amps or 200 watts.. in the UK solar panels produce about half of what they are rated at and that is with the sun shining nicely..

past thinking needs to change.. things aint quite what they were.. the current lets bankrupt russia with sanctions type thinking aint gonna work.. Europe and the UK are likely to go bankrupt first..

trog
I agree mate, they are so slow to react to something that needs to be dealt with quickly. Extra solar on everyone's home and we wouldn't even need many power stations about the country but again however many homes there are in the country and say even a 2kW array on each of them, that would be one massive amount of power I'm sure...

Its like taking away plastic, do it quickly not in 5 to 10 years when even more cash has been spending away on it and not recycling it.. Just make it happen. Milk could go in bottles again, bring back the local milkman and his dare I say it, electric little van that used to go around when I was a kid... All these things we've gone away from and yet they where ahead of their times....

I really do hope something happens and quickly because this is more about people that need that heating etc. and I can't begin to think about what is so many % of people died due to the cold and beings scared to turn on the heating, who the heck would want that on their shoulders??.....

I am forced to point out that requiring all new homes to have solar would stifle construction in an extremely unhealthy manner. Also, most solar comes out of China, and I don't trust the environmental impacts of that manufacturing... Over and above the issues with globalization seen right now such as the draconian lockdowns in the major Chinese manufacturing centers.

Diversification is the key to resilience. Nuclear for baseline, solar and hydro for load balancing. Massive credits or financing for efficiency retrofits.

System Name money pit..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
what i see phil is large scale social unrest.. riots in the street kind of stuff..

that is my biggest fear.. the thing is to get to long term we have to survive the short term.. if the UK and euro economies collapse none of this long term stuff is gonna happen..

trog

ps.. as for using less.. that is easy for me.. i just stop mining.. i was just looking back at crypto prices over the last year.. since the beginning of this year or the end of last year my crypto stash has lost over $60000 in value.. it may go up again or it may not.. but with the current UK energy prices mining is no longer viable.. so that make it easy to simply stop..

to mine and hodle one has to be able to afford the leccy bill.. that is one thing i can no longer do.. he he

Last edited:

dgianstefani

TPU Proofreader
Staff member
System Name Silent
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D @ 5.15ghz BCLK OC, TG AM5 High Performance Heatspreader
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I, chipset fans removed
Cooling Optimus AMD Raw Copper/Plexi, HWLABS Copper 240/40+240/30, D5, 4x Noctua A12x25, Mayhems Ultra Pure
Memory 32 GB Dominator Platinum 6150 MHz 26-36-36-48, 57ns AIDA, 2050 FLCK, 160 ns TRFC
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition, Conductonaut Extreme, 18 W/mK MinusPad Extreme, Corsair XG7 Waterblock
Storage Intel Optane DC P1600X 118 GB, Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB
Display(s) 32" 240 Hz 1440p Samsung G7, 31.5" 165 Hz 1440p LG NanoIPS Ultragear
Case Sliger SM570 CNC Aluminium 13-Litre, 3D printed feet, custom front panel with pump/res combo
Audio Device(s) Audeze Maxwell Ultraviolet, Razer Nommo Pro
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum, transparent custom cables, Sentinel Pro 1500 Online Double Conversion UPS
Mouse Razer Viper Pro V2 Mercury White w/Tiger Ice Skates & Pulsar Supergrip tape
Keyboard Wooting 60HE+ module, TOFU Redux Burgundy w/brass weight, Prismcaps White & Jellykey, lubed/modded
Software Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 19053.3803
Benchmark Scores Legendary
what i see phil is large scale social unrest.. riots in the street kind of stuff..

that is my biggest fear..

trog
The world is only ever four meals away from anarchy.

The energy crisis worldwide and the current land grab in Europe are symptoms of the same evaluations of reality that lead wealthy people who look at the long term in the USA for example (Bill Gates) to become the biggest landowners.

Especially with a lot of things coming to a head - arable farmland, energy crisis, fuel crisis, clean drinking water, immigration crisis etc. None of these serious issues are helped by the simple fact that politics is more about making the other guy look bad than actually offering sensible policies that you intend to follow. As much as people like to call Trump a populist, the current democrat leadership in the USA will literally do and say anything that makes them seem to have the moral high ground, regardless of reality. It's not so different in the rest of the world, Europe has the same issues.

I don't see any of these technical and scientific problems ever really being addressed correctly until we collectively learn to ignore the constant spew of celebrity and media bullshit, hold politicians accountable (words must be rooted in reality and promises need to be kept, or they breach contract and are evicted from power), refuse to buy from corporations with proven unethical, illegal or unenvironmentally friendly track records etc. etc. But the reality is that as long as we have our basic creature comforts, bread and games, mindless entertainment, and the powers that be keep things relatively "stable" (changes for the worse happen slowly and not overnight), nothing will improve. Most of the people (including me) who are aware of these issues tend to take the path of protecting themselves or their immediate families, and watching on with horror at the race to the precipice (I think we're actually already in free fall past the cliff already) the rest of the world seems to be set on.

Ted Kaczynski's Industrial Society & It's Future, the scientific community's reports and Yuri Bezmenov's predictions about the course western society is taking seem to be startlingly accurate, although the two I mentioned are almost four decades old at this point.

There are lots of excellent solutions to simple scientific and engineering problems (such as energy needs), that need applying at scale, but it will never happen because that requires economics based in reality, not set by whatever is most financially profitable in the short term. There are some interesting people who have championed the cause of corporate sustainability, thinking about the long term, but it's definitely not the standard, and definitely not popular.

Anyway, off topic I know, but I think these issues somewhat relate to the cost of electricity and what might happen to that cost in future.

TL DR we need to learn to give up comforts and conveniences, and face the terrible, uncomfortable truths if that's what's necessary for us as a species to dig ourselves out of this hole.

Last edited:
I am forced to point out that requiring all new homes to have solar would stifle construction in an extremely unhealthy manner. Also, most solar comes out of China, and I don't trust the environmental impacts of that manufacturing... Over and above the issues with globalization seen right now such as the draconian lockdowns in the major Chinese manufacturing centers.

Diversification is the key to resilience. Nuclear for baseline, solar and hydro for load balancing. Massive credits or financing for efficiency retrofits.

I you see how many new homes are boing built just in my city, you would not say that. They seem to be doing it in every space available.

Also it boggles my mind to see droughts on a planet 3/4 covered in water.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
I believe today there has been some talks of a cap being put on the price of electric and gas.... £2500... Wonder how long that will take to get implemented??.....

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Software Win 10 Home x64
I believe today there has been some talks of a cap being put on the price of electric and gas.... £2500... Wonder how long that will take to get implemented??.....
Although still speculation I heard that the prices would be capped at todays rate so no further increases on 1 October or January followed by a re-evaluation in March, still a lot to pay in winter for the lowest paid and those on benefits, all of whom will continue to struggle but at an estimated cost of £100 Billion just until March it's going to sting.

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
So the electric cost on the castle will be less :laugh:

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Aqua Elite 360 V3 1x TL-B12, 2x TL-C12 Pro, 2x TL K12
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750w G+, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Aqua Elite 360 V3 1x TL-B12, 2x TL-C12 Pro, 2x TL K12
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750w G+, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
Hi,
People can work hard and not make any money.
I meant for the queen :)

Edit:

It should be noted that I did not know she had passed, I found out later in the afternoon..

Last edited:

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Well here we are with a bit of an update regarding the costs of this new £2500 cap they are putting in place....... Click 'ere!!

Taken from the text if you didn't want to click lol :)

If you’re on a standard variable tariff​

The average unit price for dual fuel customers paying by direct debit will be limited to 34.0p/kWh for electricity and 10.3p/kWh for gas, inclusive of VAT, from 1 October.

These unit prices have been passed to suppliers to ensure that they are used to calculate bills on time for 1 October.

Energy suppliers will adjust standard variable tariffs automatically. Customers on standard variable tariffs do not need to take any action to get the benefits of this scheme.

If you’re on a fixed tariff​

If you’re on a fixed tariff at a higher rate caused by recent energy price rises, your unit prices will be reduced by 17p/kWh for electricity and 4.2p/kWh for gas.

These unit prices have been passed to suppliers to ensure that they are used to calculate bills on time for 1 October.

Energy suppliers will adjust fixed tariffs automatically. Customers on fixed tariffs do not need to take any action to get the benefits of this scheme.

Standing charges​

Average standing charges will remain in line with the levels set by Ofgem for the default tariff cap from 1 October, at 46p per day for electricity and 28p per day for gas, for a typical dual fuel customer paying by direct debit.

Well here we are with a bit of an update regarding the costs of this new £2500 cap they are putting in place....... Click 'ere!!

Taken from the text if you didn't want to click lol :)

If you’re on a standard variable tariff​

The average unit price for dual fuel customers paying by direct debit will be limited to 34.0p/kWh for electricity and 10.3p/kWh for gas, inclusive of VAT, from 1 October.

Energy suppliers will adjust standard variable tariffs automatically. Customers on standard variable tariffs do not need to take any action to get the benefits of this scheme.

If you’re on a fixed tariff​

If you’re on a fixed tariff at a higher rate caused by recent energy price rises, your unit prices will be reduced by 17p/kWh for electricity and 4.2p/kWh for gas.

Energy suppliers will adjust fixed tariffs automatically. Customers on fixed tariffs do not need to take any action to get the benefits of this scheme.

Standing charges​

Average standing charges will remain in line with the levels set by Ofgem for the default tariff cap from 1 October, at 46p per day for electricity and 28p per day for gas, for a typical dual fuel customer paying by direct debit.
So you are retrofitting gas appliances wherever possible?

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
I believe they are trying out things called heat pumps but I'm not sure how much of a success that is... If anything...

I still am a firm believer of solar on each house, a 3kW system wouldn't take much space up and everyone would have 'free' power... Cause isn't that what they want us to do, renewable energy etc.? Or would that mean the big firms would loose money..... ummm.... Such a tuffie....