• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Elon Musk to Show Working Neuralink Device This Friday

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
Elon Musk, via its Neuralink company, is set to reveal a working device this Friday. Neuralink Corporation was started back in 2016 with the mission to develop a BMI (Brain-Machine Interface), ultimately allowing for integration of a computer with the human mind. Work has gone on in relative secrecy until now, but the announcement from Elon Musk shows that the company has been diligently working behind closed doors - as one would expect for such a fundamental technology. The first step is for Neuralink to serve as a "treatment" of sorts for brain diseases and assorted conditions. The device works by implanting threads into the brain, for which Neuralink is developing a "sewing machine-like" device that can manipulate and insert 4 to 6 μm in width threads throughout a recipient's brain (note that patient wasn't the word used there).

The basis behind Neuralink's foundation, and its ultimate goal, is the belief for a need for human augmentation (sometimes referred to as transhumanism). This aims to keep up with the increasingly entrenched Dataist interpretation of humankind, and the advent of increasingly complex algorithms - and even AI - throughout the sphere of our lives. Apart from showing off a working Neuralink prototype, which will supposedly demonstrate the ability to "fire neurons in real time", the company is unveiling a second-generation robot for sewing the threads into the brain. The objective is to develop flexible threads that circumvent currently-employed rigid threads in BMI interfaces, which always run the risk of damaging the brain. Eventually, this surgery will be non-invasive - an objective example is the workings of LASIK eye surgery. Being a Musk-backed project, lofty claims and unrealistic deadlines are aplenty; the company first expected to start human trials by the end of this year. For now, no more information on that milestone has been shared.

In-between the brain disease treatment and the human augmentation starts and ends of the plans for this technology is the aim to allow Neuralink-implanted human beings to connect to a processing aide - be it a computer or a smartphone. Imagine offloading information to your chosen device - backing-up real-time inputs from your senses - or being able to run on-the-fly Google or database searches. Imagine perfect memory, or the ability to write TPU news articles only by thinking of the content, instead of having to find a comfortable computer to work on. Imagine the benefits - and dangers - of perfect recall for every memory you've ever had. What do you think? Scary, or inspiring?

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Main PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
Cooling EKWB X570 VIII Hero Monoblock, 2x XD5, Heatkiller IV SB block for chipset,Alphacool 3090 Strix block
Memory 4x16GB 3200-14-14-14-34 G.Skill Trident RGB (OC: 3600-14-14-14-28)
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 3090 Strix OC
Storage 500GB+500GB SSD RAID0, Fusion IoDrive2 1.2TB, Huawei HSSD 2TB, 11TB on server used for steam
Display(s) Dell LG CX48 (custom res: 3840x1620@120Hz) + Acer XB271HU 2560x1440@144Hz
Case Corsair 1000D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD599, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Corsair RM1000i
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK2
Software Windows 10 Pro 20H2
This cannot possibly turn to bite us in the ass.
Has Elon mentioned when he's launching Skynet?

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Software Windows 10 x64
This cannot possibly turn to bite us in the ass.
Has Elon mentioned when he's launching Skynet?

Allegedly around 2023, when TSMC has finished launching its latest generation packaging technology. So insiders claim.

Kidding. Actually, Musk tends to side with the singularity-as-an-existential-threat field, so if anything, his intentions would be to impede a Skynet from ever happening. He seems to think that a way to do so is actually to connect humans to the Internet and silicon processing systems, though. Seems slightly counterintuitive, in a way, though it also makes sense, in another.

System Name Main PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
Cooling EKWB X570 VIII Hero Monoblock, 2x XD5, Heatkiller IV SB block for chipset,Alphacool 3090 Strix block
Memory 4x16GB 3200-14-14-14-34 G.Skill Trident RGB (OC: 3600-14-14-14-28)
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 3090 Strix OC
Storage 500GB+500GB SSD RAID0, Fusion IoDrive2 1.2TB, Huawei HSSD 2TB, 11TB on server used for steam
Display(s) Dell LG CX48 (custom res: 3840x1620@120Hz) + Acer XB271HU 2560x1440@144Hz
Case Corsair 1000D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD599, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Corsair RM1000i
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK2
Software Windows 10 Pro 20H2
Allegedly around 2023, when TSMC has finished launching its latest generation packaging technology. So insiders claim.

Kidding. Actually, Musk tends to side with the singularity-as-an-existential-threat field, so if anything, his intentions would be to impede a Skynet from ever happening. He seems to think that a way to do so is actually to connect humans to the Internet and silicon processing systems, though. Seems slightly counterintuitive, in a way, though it also makes sense, in another.
Hehe, I actually do find myself agreeing with a lot of Musk's viewpoints on technology (though I cannot say I agree with most of his other opinions) and find him a very interesting character in the world of technology. This is really cool tech and could really help a lot in finding cures or ways to suppress mental illnesses and diseases. I was also just joshing around, I've been very interested in this tech for some time and it's clear Musk isn't exactly keen on creating the T1000 or Skynet as it were :D

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64

Basically what Musk is selling us, is the Cyborg over the AI. Or, the Matrix Agent over the Zion refugee, the blue or the red pill :). It seems sensible because it would position us favorably against ever more powerful technology, in a way.

Not sure which is worse. Perhaps the more sensible route is 'enough is enough'. Limitations and regulation, like we should when it comes to climate change. The times of exponential and infinite growth are over. We're struggling and redefining to keep up with Moore's Law, things can't get infinitely smaller, etc etc etc.

The only reasonable forecast to start believing in 'net growth' again... is when Musk has actually brought us to Mars.

So, Elon, first things first. You've got lots of companies, but stick to your core business thx.

System Name System V
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Prime X570-P
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 // a bunch of 120 mm Xigmatek 1500 RPM fans (2 ins, 3 outs)
Memory 2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz (BLS8G4D32AESCK.M8FE) (CL16-18-18-36)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Storage SHFS37A240G / DT01ACA200 / WD20EZRX / MKNSSDTR256GB-3DL / LG BH16NS40 / ST10000VN0008
Display(s) LG 22MP55 IPS Display
Case NZXT Source 210
Audio Device(s) Logitech G430 Headset
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Mouse Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0
Keyboard HP Vectra VE keyboard (Part # D4950-63004)
Software Whatever build of Windows 11 is being served in Dev channel at the time.
Benchmark Scores Corona 1.3: 3120620 r/s Cinebench R20: 3355 FireStrike: 12490 TimeSpy: 4624
Scary and inspiring at the same time. As always, technology (or any kind of invention/knowledge) isn't inherently good or bad, it's all about how you use it.

Though I definitely want three things running on this: Anti-malware software, firewall and ad-blockers :laugh:

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Software Windows 10 x64
Basically what Musk is selling us, is the Cyborg over the AI.

The problematic here being, a Cyborg has systems that can be directly affected by the AI. "Oh, look at this amazing side-channel vulnerability that I can exploit on models BMI2000..."

Scary and inspiring at the same time. As always, technology (or any kind of invention/knowledge) isn't inherently good or bad, it's all about how you use it.

Though I definitely want three things running on this: Anti-malware software, firewall and ad-blockers :laugh:

Agreed on all counts.

Don't expect the AdBlockers to do much though. Ads will be organically displayed around you as you move and look at the world.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
The problematic here being, a Cyborg has systems that can be directly affected by the AI. "Oh, look at this amazing side-channel vulnerability that I can exploit on models BMI2000..."

Yup. So far we can't even secure an internet wired door bell, so...

Skynet it is, I'm afraid :D

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
So is that Neura-link, or Neural-ink?
Musk needs to hire a new guy in charge of spelling.

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Software Windows 10 x64
So is that Neura-link, or Neural-ink?
Musk needs to hire a new guy in charge of spelling.

I always saw it graphed as Neuralink.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
This is just the logical outcome of a long process that began when the first seed was sown 10,000 years ago... This (including AI) is the inevitable outcome of that first step and all motivated by the same desire, namely the obsession to dominate nature.

The implications of this are much more profound and deeper than most people understand. For example, this is headed toward nanotechnology in the biomechanical medical field and let's just imagine when it's possible to repair the brain with nanotechnology and actually replace damaged parts of it with that same technology.... Now let's say you are involved in a car accident with severe head trauma and the result is that 51%, or more of your brain is repaired with that nanotechnology... If more than half of your brain is synthetic, are you still thr same person? Can you still even be considered a person? When you dream, would it be you or the nanotechnology powered by general AI dreaming?

This may sound crazy, but I'm 36 and I strongly believe that in my lifetime, we will witness such things as the first Supreme Court case deciding what it actually means to be human and what can still be considered human (predicated upon examples like I offered above). While some enthusiastically welcome the advent of "transhumanism", I prefer to understand it as the death of our humanity... The death of nature, and on levels deeper than physical reality.

Technology isn't "neutral", as some would contend, with the only determining factor being how it is used, rather every piece of technology has an inherent and embedded set of values that fundamentally alter not only the individuals relationship to that technology, but to the greater reality they exist in as well. Our existence is already inundated with vast and very real dependencies on technology which has also sacrificed our own personal autonomy to an almost priestly class of engineers and technicians we now utterly depend on to create and maintain that technology as our daily existence now relies on both. Because the vast majority of individual's skill sets are so specialized to a singular purpose, almost entirely dictated by their line of work or profession, they cannot learn and implement the many differing skills required just to exist in our technological world without needing the additional skills of technicians. Most cannot fix their own cars, so they rely on mechanics, most cannot fix their own computer (maybe not here though) so they rely on a technician... So what happens when your own body becomes one of those technologies and then you depend on a technician for your own direct survival in the most literal sense? What happens when your brain functions are disturbed or attacked and under threat from the inevitable malware that will evolve to attack these nano sized biotechnologies and now your very existence isn't just dependent on Healthcare and doctors, but biotechnologies and technicians as well? What happens when an authoritarian government (and they're seemingly all moving in such a direction) decides to more or less hold people hostage for their "good behavior" under threat of withholding access to those technicians or new firmware for that biotechnology to mitigate the ever increasing threats of malware? What happens when the state or even your employer demands and requires full access to your biotechnologies for "security purposes" and can basically access your thoughts or memories? How would the ability of law enforcement to remotely scan the biotechnology in your brain effect such things as the fourth amendment (search and seizure) and the fifth amendment (right to not self incriminate/remain silent)?

I realize it may seem like I'm getting ahead of myself, but wouldn't it be infinitely wiser to confront these issues now rather than when they're already manifested? The whole concept of AI/Skynet is the largest and most obvious threat from advancing technological progress, but even if we can guarantee that we avert or neutralize such a threat, there still exists an infinite plethora of individual issues created that when taken as a whole, have the same ability to challenge and threaten the very understanding of the foundations of our existence and our relationship to that existence.

"... somehow the project of a humanized technology has proven groundless and result-free; only technified humanity has come to pass. Technology is the embodiment of the social order it accompanies, and in its planetary advance transfers the fundamental ethos and values behind that technology. It never exists in a vacuum and is never value-neutral." - from "Twilight of the Machines" by John Zerzan

Last edited:
System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
What! No references to Johnny Mnemonic? Been dying to see that IRL! :respect:

Processor Intel i9-9900K
Motherboard MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ @ 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 Super Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung NVMe + SSD + WD 12TB HDD
Display(s) Samsung KS8500 55" UHD
Case Phanteks Evolv X
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio, Logitech Pro X Headset
Power Supply Corsair HX850 Platinum
Mouse Razer Basilisk Ultimate
Keyboard Logitech
Software Windows 10 Pro
Ah, I see it now...this is where it all starts...Cyberpunk 2077

System Name 06/2023
Processor R7 7800X3D
Motherboard ROG STRIX B650E-I GAMING WIFI
Cooling Custom 240mm cooling (for CPU) with noctua nfa12x25 and Phantek T30
Memory 32gb Gskill 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 dual asus deshrouded with 120mm NF-A12x25
Storage 2tb samsung 990 pro + 4tb samsung 870 evo
Display(s) Asus 27" Oled PG27AQDM + Asus 27" IPS PG279QM
Case Ncase M1 v6.1
Audio Device(s) Steelseries arctis pro wireless + Shure SM7b with Steinberg UR
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair scimitar pro (this mouse need an overall guys pls) + Logitech G Pro wireless with powerplay
Keyboard Sharkoon purewriter
Software windows 11
Benchmark Scores Over 9000 !
System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
System Name EventHorizon
Processor Intel® Core™ Processor i9-13900KF 8P/16 + 16E 3.00GHz [Turbo 5.7GHz] 36MB Cache LGA1700
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z790-P
Cooling CyberpowerPC MasterLiquid Lite 240mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler
Memory 32GB (16GBx2) DDR5/6000MHz Dual Channel Memory (KINGSTON FURY BEAST RGB)
Video Card(s) GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB
Storage 2TB WD BLACK SN850X (PCIe Gen4) NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 7300/6600 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 1200/110
Display(s) LG 34''
Case CyberPowerPC HYTE Y60 Dual Chamber Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Panoramic View Tempered Glass + 2x120mm
Audio Device(s) Asus Strix w/Alan Finote mod for Windows 11
Power Supply High Power 1300W 80+ GOLD Full Modular w/ PCIE 12+4Pins Connector for PCIe 5.0 graphics cards
Mouse Steelseries Rival 600 wired
Keyboard Steelseries Apex 7 TKL red Switch
Software Win 11 Pro
System Name System V
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Prime X570-P
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 // a bunch of 120 mm Xigmatek 1500 RPM fans (2 ins, 3 outs)
Memory 2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz (BLS8G4D32AESCK.M8FE) (CL16-18-18-36)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Storage SHFS37A240G / DT01ACA200 / WD20EZRX / MKNSSDTR256GB-3DL / LG BH16NS40 / ST10000VN0008
Display(s) LG 22MP55 IPS Display
Case NZXT Source 210
Audio Device(s) Logitech G430 Headset
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Mouse Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0
Keyboard HP Vectra VE keyboard (Part # D4950-63004)
Software Whatever build of Windows 11 is being served in Dev channel at the time.
Benchmark Scores Corona 1.3: 3120620 r/s Cinebench R20: 3355 FireStrike: 12490 TimeSpy: 4624
I mean if I had so much money at my disposal I'd too try some dumb ass ideas.

"Well guys, today we have a new project in hand. We are gonna build this:"
Naboo_Royal_Starship.jpg

PS: F*ck WebP.

Whether Musk is full of crap or not. I got give the man props for trying to push the board on topics that were science fiction for the longest time. He can be criticized for being human himself, but how many of us in this forum are trying to get people on mars or potentially cure a fatal brain injury? The answer is none.

I never really got that interested in SpaceX until the first successful launch and landing using only propulsion. That alone was like watching an episode of star trek. A reusable rocket that can land itself in the same spot it took off??? That is awesome.

Processor Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670
Storage Intel 520 60GB, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB
Display(s) BenQ 24" XL2420T
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Power Supply Corsair AX650
Mouse steelseries Sensei MLG edition
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Pro
Software Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
I meant phonetically, but literally it should have two L's.
You can't trademark it if it's made up of common words ;)

Also, I don't think it's a matter of wanting one, but, just like a smartphone, if this succeeds you won't be able to function efficiently without one.
If this works, it would make for an incredibly useful tool. Imagine you're a programmer and suffered a hand injury preventing you from typing (true story), but having one of these readily available.

Crying all day about how dangerous are all the AI projects from other companies and then wants to shows us that... hmmm gg Elon.

I don't think very highly about Elon Musk, but this technology is important.

This is far from being the first attempt to establish trans- or extracranial influence from or to the brain, various attempts are made for decades. If Elon Musk is able to provide the usable technology, well - thanks.

Rather than having dystopian views on memory scanning (can't be done, mainly because none knows how it functions in the first place), I would guess that main use would be in medicine (that's where my knowledge on topics mainly come from) - like cure for depression, which ~5% of world population is suffering from, also other neurological states or diseases. Various other medical uses come to mind (pun intended), too.

Other possibility would be direct brain control of, well... processes, something like skipping clumsy brain-hand-HMI connection with direct one. There is also huge research potential.

Surely, it *could* be used for some nefarious purpose - but again, most of the things can. Me, with 20g of kitchen salt can be preparing a nice dinner for a bunch of friends, or... [dramatic chord] killing someone by disbalancing his/her body electrolytes (true - the same thing can be done with ~10l of pot water; I don't even want to talk about various food and its lethal concentrations).

System Name MacBook Pro 16"
Processor M1 Pro
Memory 16GB unified memory
Storage 1 TB
Elon this isn't a Netflix show, so please just concentrate on making your cars safer.