• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Endorfy Thock TKL Wireless Keyboard

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Endorfy launches its new Thock wireless keyboard line with four different form factors and sizes to choose from. Today we examine the Thock TKL Wireless that has hybrid wireless connectivity, two Kailh BOX switch options, hot-swappable switches and doubleshot PBT keycaps, extensive onboard and software controls, and RGB lighting to help seal the deal at an attractive price.

Show full review

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
What a bargain, it's a real shame about the linear-only switches. A lot of us gamers prefer (light) tactile. I'm a huge fan of Cherry MX brown, Keychron Blue (clicky), and Keychron banana (browns with earlier activation).

I've tried and failed to get used to linear switches. They're ok for gaming but horrible for me to type on and I end up typing a lot as I game anyway because if I'm not typing I'll often switch to an XBO pad.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
What a bargain, it's a real shame about the linear-only switches. A lot of us gamers prefer (light) tactile. I'm a huge fan of Cherry MX brown, Keychron Blue (clicky), and Keychron banana (browns with earlier activation).

I've tried and failed to get used to linear switches. They're ok for gaming but horrible for me to type on and I end up typing a lot as I game anyway because if I'm not typing I'll often switch to an XBO pad.
The TKL version comes with only linear switches but the other sizes have tactile and clicky switches too. Maybe Endorfy can think about adding a tactile switch option for the TKL layout also.

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
The TKL version comes with only linear switches but the other sizes have tactile and clicky switches too. Maybe Endorfy can think about adding a tactile switch option for the TKL layout also.
I feel like some kind of outcast in thinking that TKL is the best keyboard size. Everyone's going crazy for non-standard layouts like 65% and smaller and for some reason TKL always gets left out!

Ah well, Endorfy's loss, there are enough other brands selling TKL with blue/brown/yellow switches. Hopefully they add more switches in time because the price for this is nothing short of outstanding.

I feel like some kind of outcast in thinking that TKL is the best keyboard size. Everyone's going crazy for non-standard layouts like 65% and smaller and for some reason TKL always gets left out!
I agree. Unless you really use the number pad I feel like its a lot of wasted relestate on something most people hardly ever use. I can't never use it because I use VI on regular basis and if you try entering numbers with the num pad weird shit happens.

The best no nonsense TKL keyboards I've used have been the Drop Entr and Razer Blackwidow Lite, the Drop is better in that it PBT keys but otherwise they are both built really well.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
That's mostly why I told them to send the TKL version since it's been a while getting one of these in compared to everything else.

System Name Vedica
Processor Intel Core i7-9700K
Motherboard Gigabyte AORUS Ultra Z390
Cooling Alphacool Eisblock XPX
Memory 32GB DDR4, 4x Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS8G4D30AESBK
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 3080
Storage 2x Sabrent 1 TB Rocket - 1x Seagate Barracuda ST4000DM004
Display(s) Dell AW3423DWF
Case Fractal Design Define R6
Audio Device(s) Motu M2
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x
Mouse Cooler Master MM720
Keyboard Wooting One
The market for mechanical keyboards seems more than saturated to me.
More time passes the more I am getting the urge for a chiclet, yes membrane, nice quiet keyboard, since although the "thock" is more pleasant than the "clack" it is still unnecessary noise to me.
If anyone has a recommendation for a TKL chiclet keyboard with low delay for gaming, I'm all ears.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
The market for mechanical keyboards seems more than saturated to me.
More time passes the more I am getting the urge for a chiclet, yes membrane, nice quiet keyboard, since although the "thock" is more pleasant than the "clack" it is still unnecessary noise to me.
If anyone has a recommendation for a TKL chiclet keyboard with low delay for gaming, I'm all ears.
Perhaps the comments section of a mechanical keyboard review is not the best place for this discussion, there are other places in the forum for it :)

System Name Vedica
Processor Intel Core i7-9700K
Motherboard Gigabyte AORUS Ultra Z390
Cooling Alphacool Eisblock XPX
Memory 32GB DDR4, 4x Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS8G4D30AESBK
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 3080
Storage 2x Sabrent 1 TB Rocket - 1x Seagate Barracuda ST4000DM004
Display(s) Dell AW3423DWF
Case Fractal Design Define R6
Audio Device(s) Motu M2
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x
Mouse Cooler Master MM720
Keyboard Wooting One
Perhaps the comments section of a mechanical keyboard review is not the best place for this discussion, there are other places in the forum for it :)
Mea culpa, indeed it's rude stealing the spotlight to another player of the mechanical keyboards craze scene who finally got its product reviewed on a major tech site like TPU.
I'm going to ask Bing AI.

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
Listening to the sound bite for this keyboard, I'd say they were spot on in naming this board "Thock" because it is thocky indeed!

I do like the look of this board. Kind of reminds me of the Blackwidow, with the lip in the front. But I'm assuming this isn't/won't be available to folks in the US?

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
That's mostly why I told them to send the TKL version since it's been a while getting one of these in compared to everything else.
I'm just a touch-typist and have been for 30+ years, so the muscle memory relies on a standard layout. All of these smaller-than-TKL layouts break that quite catastrophically.

I also use multiple keyboards every day, they all need to be the same. Maybe my brain is too old and inflexible to muscle-memory multiple keyboard layouts but it is what it is :)

The best no nonsense TKL keyboards I've used have been the Drop Entr and Razer Blackwidow Lite, the Drop is better in that it PBT keys but otherwise they are both built really well.
One of the three TKLs I have is my fave keyboard ever. I'll be sad when it eventually dies as it's discontinued now but I'll repair it rather than replace it for as long as possible:

CM QF Stealth, MX-browns
1678361001940.png

But I digress, the Endorfy Thock looks like a spiritual successor of the original QM QF range:
Backlit, sturdy metal frame, hot-swappable switches in a standard layout at an appealing price.

I'm just a touch-typist and have been for 30+ years, so the muscle memory relies on a standard layout. All of these smaller-than-TKL layouts break that quite catastrophically.

I also use multiple keyboards every day, they all need to be the same. Maybe my brain is too old and inflexible to muscle-memory multiple keyboard layouts but it is what it is :)

One of the three TKLs I have is my fave keyboard ever. I'll be sad when it eventually dies as it's discontinued now but I'll repair it rather than replace it for as long as possible:

CM QF Stealth, MX-browns
View attachment 287090

But I digress, the Endorfy Thock looks like a spiritual successor of the original QM QF range:
Backlit, sturdy metal frame, hot-swappable switches in a standard layout at an appealing price.
I think we had a similar conversation cause I forgot about that keyboard was a thing till just now and I'm pretty sure I didn't know it existed until someone here posted about it here.

Seems like a failure at marketing because I feel like sleek minimal TKL with quality parts like that would have a lot of appeal if people knew it existed.

Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65

CM QF Stealth, MX-browns
View attachment 287090

Touch typist, eh? I never could get the hang of it when I took a computer/typing class in middle school. All I've attained from that class decades ago is that your index fingers rest on F and J :laugh:

Also that keyboard looks like it has side printed legends, am I right?

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Yes, that's the stealth bit. Immune to keycap wear and keyboard still looks brand new after a decade (well, after I vacuum the sandwich crumbs out of it, anyway).

Touch typist, eh? I never could get the hang of it when I took a computer/typing class in middle school. All I've attained from that class decades ago is that your index fingers rest on F and J :laugh:

My elementary school teacher would cover my hands and say "FEEL THE HOME ROW, BOY. Don't HUNT and PECK!"

...y'know, it actually worked for me. lol

Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
My elementary school teacher would cover my hands and say "FEEL THE HOME ROW, BOY. Don't HUNT and PECK!"

...y'know, it actually worked for me. lol

Hunting and pecking - otherwise known as the One Finger Typist :laugh: