• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Enermax Announces Ostrog GT Case

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
The budget Ostrog case is one of the best-selling midi towers from Enermax ever. The flexible, spacious construction with its highly expandable cooling system has found a lot of followers. Hardware experts from all around the globe highlight the outstanding price-performance ratio and excellent quality of the Ostrog tower. Reasons enough to present an upgrade version for performance gaming systems. The new Ostrog GT appears much more aggressive than the entry-level version. Two 14cm LED fans in the front and a tinted acrylic side window emphasize the eye-catching design of the new Enermax chassis.

Like the basic Ostrog version, the Ostrog GT is predestined for a strong cooling system. The tower is delivered with three fans (one rear and two front fans) and can accommodate up to 10 fans. Special feature: Each of the two HDD cages provides two 12cm fan slots. That way, the case allows for a very effective cooling of hard disk drives. Apart from that, Enermax has taken into account the requirements of high-performance air CPU coolers and liquid coolers. The punched out side panel creates space for more powerful tower coolers with higher heat sinks (up to 184.3mm heights) and the elevated case top supports the integration of 240/280 mm radiators.

New Patented ODD Mounting / Effective Dust Shield
For the first time, Enermax presents its new ODD installation system: The patented Slide In design works completely without screws or tools: Just push in the device and it will be fixed in place automatically. Apart from that, the manufacturer solves another important issue. Ostrog GT effectively shields the system against dust: All mesh areas are protected by filters. For the top panel, Enermax includes a flexible magnetic filter that can be attached in- or outside the case. Also the cable management system has been well thought out: There are not only a lot of clips and openings to hide the cables, the designers have also considered the request from many end users to have more space behind the mainboard tray. With 32mm clearance and the additionally punched out side panel also the thicker main power cables from the PSU can be hid easily.

Best Choice for Efficient Data Storage Management
The Ostrog GT can accommodate up to 10 data storage devices: Enermax provides two cages for the integration of overall eight 3.5" HDDs and one mobile cage for two 2.5" SSDs/HDDs. In case users want to install longer high-end graphics cards, the bottom HDD cage can be removed. That way, the tower supports GPU with a maximum length of 412.5mm. The Enermax designers also thought about an effective decoupling of the installed hard disk drives: Rubber pads on the HDD rails minimize vibrations. Finally, for backups or the transfer of external data, the Ostrog GT is equipped with two ultra-high-speed USB 3.0 interfaces at the top of the case.

Availability and Pricing
The Ostrog GT with blue front LED fans (ECA3280A-B-F) is now available at a MSRP incl. VAT of 89.90 Euro. For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor i7-3930K
Motherboard Asus P9X79 Deluxe
Cooling H80
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 680 SLI
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 1TB
Display(s) Dell U3011
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64
Benchmark Scores 3dMark11 P18040
Sorry, Enermax, this is a new chapter of "if design goes wrong". This case looks cheap and ugly.
Will case manufacturers ever work together with professional designer?
Most cases look homebrewed and boring.
I have a PSU from enermax and asked them a year ago if they will add some nice addionational cables like Corsair, because the multicolored cables looked disgusting. They told me they have no plans for this. So I changed to Corsair AX1200i.

Processor Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z87 Extreme 4
Cooling Lepa NeoIllusion RGB CPU cooler
Memory 2*4GB Patriot G2 Series RAM
Video Card(s) MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB
Storage Transcend SSD 740 256GB + WD Caviar Blue 1TB
Display(s) Samsung SA 300 24" Full HD
Case NZXT Phantom 530 + Bitfenix Recon fan controller
Audio Device(s) Creative SB0770 X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Power Supply PC Power and Cooling Silencer MkIII 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Steelseries Apex RAW
Benchmark Scores IT WORKS
Sorry, Enermax, this is a new chapter of "if design goes wrong". This case looks cheap and ugly.
I have a PSU from enermax and asked them a year ago if they will add some nice addionational cables like Corsair, because the multicolored cables looked disgusting. They told me they have no plans for this. So I changed to Corsair AX1200i.

You changed PSU because you wanted to have another color of cables? Genius.

So now you should to drop off your corsair and buy this because this enermax haves such cables:

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
Robotic Ostrich = Ostrog

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Coolermaster Master Liquid ML240L RGB
Memory 64GB DDR4 3200 (4x16GB)
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE276Q, VE278Q and VK278Q triple 27” 1920x1080
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic 650W
VR HMD Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest V1, Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit

Question:

Your car breaks down while you are passing through a small country town. As luck would have it, you break down in front of a car repair shop. The mechanic, after checking your car, states they have the replacement part that you need (a radiator hose) but it doesn’t match the color of the old part which is black. There replacement part which is 100% functional is in fact rainbow colored and they want to know if it’s an acceptable replacement to you. If not you can wait a week for the suitable color to be ordered and delivered.

Do you:

a) Call the fashion police

b) Call the replacement part manufacturer to complain about their color choices

c) Tell them to install the rainbow colored part

d) Tell them to order the “right” / matching colored part

e) Walk home in disgust

Processor i7-3930K
Cooling H80
Display(s) Dell U3011
Yes, no prob, if one can afford it. Nice to met some guys with a dry sense of humor here. But why always these sore reaction of Enermax employees?
I was so happy when my AX1200i arrived and I could chuck out my Enermax 750W.
By the way: AX1200i was available summer 2012.

Besides, even the new set of Enermax cables and the new PSU line cannot convince me.
Enermax just jumped on the train, but Corsairs PSU and braided cables look much nicer, in my view.
And I tried a bunch of NZXT and other brands modding extension cables as well which could not convince me.

There're people who even sell their cars just because they dislike the color. That's what keeps economy running.

Processor Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z87 Extreme 4
Cooling Lepa NeoIllusion RGB CPU cooler
Memory 2*4GB Patriot G2 Series RAM
Video Card(s) MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB
Storage Transcend SSD 740 256GB + WD Caviar Blue 1TB
Display(s) Samsung SA 300 24" Full HD
Case NZXT Phantom 530 + Bitfenix Recon fan controller
Audio Device(s) Creative SB0770 X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Power Supply PC Power and Cooling Silencer MkIII 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Steelseries Apex RAW
Benchmark Scores IT WORKS
Yes, no prob, if one can afford it. Nice to met some guys with a dry sense of humor here. But why always these sore reaction of Enermax employees?
I was so happy when my AX1200i arrived and I could chuck out my Enermax 750W.
By the way: AX1200i was available summer 2012.

Besides, even the new set of Enermax cables and the new PSU line cannot convince me.
Enermax just jumped on the train, but Corsairs PSU and braided cables look much nicer, in my view.
And I tried a bunch of NZXT and other brands modding extension cables as well which could not convince me.

There're people who even sell their cars just because they dislike the color. That's what keeps economy running.

BTW could you say model of your Enermax PSU? If it was Revolution 87+ or platimax you changed beautiful grayish matte finished PSU with one of the best looking in the world into simple tin

Processor i7-3930K
Cooling H80
Display(s) Dell U3011
You're welcome! Had to search for my old config from spring 2012, it was Enermax Modu87+ 900W and the cables were partly modular, but not the ATX-cable.

Last edited:
Processor i7-3930K
Cooling H80
Display(s) Dell U3011
Question:

Your car breaks down while you are passing through a small country town. As luck would have it, you break down in front of a car repair shop. The mechanic, after checking your car, states they have the replacement part that you need (a radiator hose) but it doesn’t match the color of the old part which is black. There replacement part which is 100% functional is in fact rainbow colored and they want to know if it’s an acceptable replacement to you. If not you can wait a week for the suitable color to be ordered and delivered.

Do you:

a) Call the fashion police

b) Call the replacement part manufacturer to complain about their color choices

c) Tell them to install the rainbow colored part

d) Tell them to order the “right” / matching colored part

e) Walk home in disgust

Answer:

a) Call my agent to stop my megatruck behind me to release my Lamborghini or McLaren F1

b) Purchase the company and stop them producing parts because I throw away if something is broken

c) Tell them to have a good day until my next orders

d) Order the company to paint that backwater town pink

e) Call an audible and take my brandnew Horten Ho 229 and have a good time in Area 51 as usually

f) Let Octavean seize and sent him to North Korea to improve interrogation technique