• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Enermax Hoplite

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
The Enermax Hoplite has a long list of features and sports edgy industrial looks, which seem to be inspired by other cases in the market but also turns some heads with a competitive price point. We whip out the screw driver to see how it holds up on our test bench - turns out Enermax has done a great job and that tool is barely needed.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor 2500K @ 4.6 1.33v
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Cooling Antec Kühler 620 Push Pull
Memory Ripjaws X 2133 8gb
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon 7950 BE Ghost Thermal
Storage WDC5002AALX, ST3320620AS.
Display(s) LG LF32 32" Full Hd.
Case Fractal Design Arc Midi
Audio Device(s) ATi
Power Supply OCZ Fatality 750w Modular
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Is 85% Almost identical to a NOX Blaze!

This case might appeal to some as it looks like a CM Storm or Sniper. Layout is decent inside from what i can tell.

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard Asrock X470 Master sli/ac
Cooling Raijintek Themis Evo
Memory Team Dark Pro 3200 cl14
Video Card(s) GTX 1080
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Gold Plus 850W
Any chance of adding a section for temperatures in the future? That's one of the main reason people buy gaming cases too.

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
Any chance of adding a section for temperatures in the future? That's one of the main reason people buy gaming cases too.

We generally do not test temperatures for the following reasons:

a) We cannot keep using the same hardware over years, thus a constant base is impossible
b) I personally have the opinion, that overall looks are more important than a few degrees difference in temperature
c) In Europe there is no way to keep stable surrounding temperatures
d) Different setups with different cooling methods will also mean totally different results. Thus this is by no means a measurement that can be taken as a given when buying a case. It may "perform well" when reviewed with the hardware given - say a graphic card with exhaust vents in the slot cover, then you install a graphic cards which doesn't push the air out the back of the case and the entire scenario changes. Same goes for top down CPU coolers in comparison to tower coolers for example.

cheers
DS

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard Asrock X470 Master sli/ac
Cooling Raijintek Themis Evo
Memory Team Dark Pro 3200 cl14
Video Card(s) GTX 1080
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Gold Plus 850W
We generally do not test temperatures for the following reasons:

a) We cannot keep using the same hardware over years, thus a constant base is impossible
b) I personally have the opinion, that overall looks are more important than a few degrees difference in temperature
c) In Europe there is no way to keep stable surrounding temperatures
d) Different setups with different cooling methods will also mean totally different results. Thus this is by no means a measurement that can be taken as a given when buying a case. It may "perform well" when reviewed with the hardware given - say a graphic card with exhaust vents in the slot cover, then you install a graphic cards which doesn't push the air out the back of the case and the entire scenario changes. Same goes for top down CPU coolers in comparison to tower coolers for example.

cheers
DS

True that there are many variables, but you can always test the case with some kind of mainstream to high end parts of the time and give a general idea how the case performs for cooling, no matter how different the video card/CPU cooling a case with better airflow will generally perform better.

Of course a big result comparison table like for GPU performance is unthinkable for this.

Personally I care about cooling a bit more than aesthetics:D A shiny case with terrible cooling is like a ricer to me.