• We've upgraded our forums. Please post any issues/requests in this thread.

enermax revolution 1250w pci-e question

G

g30rg1e

i have the 1250w version of the revolution, it appears theyve hard wired one pair of pcie leads i believe to 12v rail 3... now they include 3 modular ones as well but there are still 4 plugs to chose from when connecting to the supply, does anyone know which one of those plugs is the hardwired one, dont wanna overload a rail............. i knew there was a reason i always bought the hx corsairs :) any help is appreciated, thanks :) georgie

Fitseries3

Eleet Hardware Junkie
the design is split into 5 "rails" but its actually running off of a single main rail.

im running 3 gtx295s , i7 920 @ 4.2ghz, and a few other power hungry items on my 1050watter no problem.

G

g30rg1e

well thats excellent news, didnt fancy balancing the amps on rails and now i dont have to :) i knew someone round here would all ready be running one and have the answers......... have you tested yours at the wall to see what power it draws its gotta be heaps hasn't it?

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
Memory 2x4GB Mushkin Redline Ridgebacks
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 680
Case Coolermaster CM690 II Advanced
Power Supply Corsair HX-1000
I have one as well. The 85+ Silver efficiency rating helps with the draw from the wall.

G

g30rg1e

economical too.........good stuff, im glad i bought this over the hx1000 now......... guess i wont need to upgrade it for many years :)