• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[EOL] Arctic MX-5 is here!!Tests incoming! Completed. Now its MX-6 testing time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, MX-5 is truly an astounding product! Pumped out literally in hours. I'm already back to 95C.
Bullshit! IF your system is running at 95C, you have a problem other than the TIM.
You don't get it, do you?
Yes, that's got to be it...

I think it's time to break out the hip-boots, cause it's getting deep in here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
When you start out with things like this, you immediately disqualify anything that follows. PC's, the VAST majority of the time, are operating at "room" temps. And for the record, oil "seperation" doesn't happen until well above 150C for most substances that would be used in a PC/technology application. It's a chemistry thing.

That looks interesting. Would you have a link for that screenshot?
He's not saying the room temperature the PC is in matter as part of the test, he's saying you cant test a thermal compound at 20C and make a final judgement when it could be used at 100C

Bullshit! IF your system is running at 95C, you have a problem other than the TIM.

Yes, that's got to be it...

I think it's time to break out the hip-boots, cause it's getting deep in here.

But... that sort of temperature is totally normal on a lot of modern laptops?
Hell even some of the modern desktops.

Go spend some time in TPU's throttlestop forum, look at all the users upset their brand new intel gaming laptops run at 90-100C out of the box, voided their warranty with new thermal paste only to find that nothing works short of underclocking and undervolting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only when the cooling is either poorly engineered(Apple, Dell, HP) or clogged with dust/crap restricting airflow. Otherwise, no.
See above, but add overclocked and poorly ventilated.
Go spend some time in TPU's throttlestop forum, look at all the users upset their brand new intel gaming laptops run at 90-100C out of the box
You assume I don't. Most of those are situations of poorly designed/implimented cooling. Fan profiles for OEM laptops can sometimes be badly configured. The TIM has little to do with those situations, demonstrated by...
only to find that nothing works short of underclocking and undervolting.
...this.

Last edited:
System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple Silicon M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple Silicon M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
Software macOS Ventura 13 (including latest patches)
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
Yes, it is.

As I pointed out earlier, my Mac mini 2018 (Intel Core i7) hovers around 100 °C when the CPU is maxed out, like during a Handbrake encode.

And same with my Acer Swift 3 notebook. Both of them have some sort of thermal grease on the CPU. I don't know what they are using, but it's probably not MX-5 based on the fact that both of them released before MX-5 came to the market.

These systems are designed to use their CPUs to basically the maximum limits of their TDP. And there's nothing new about this.

In fact, notebook computer manufacturers normally don't refer to these systems as laptops. They have been well aware for about two decades that these systems run so hot under load that you might burn yourself if you put your computer on your lap. And Joe Consumer would rather pay $500 instead of $1500.

In any case, these systems are designed for a wide variety of users, usage cases, and budgets. Not everyone is going to own a perfectly designed, perfectly vented system that has a large buffer for thermal capacity when they just want something portable under 1.5 kg.

Let's remember that most consumer computers are notebooks. People want something that might run 12+ hours on a single charge rather than a 3 kg notebook that basically needs to be plugged into a socket.

Sure, maybe a notebook could run cooler if you put a big fat heatpipe in it with 2-3 fans but then the owner might be lugging around something an inch thick. Or the manufacturer could keep the svelte chassis and throttle the CPU (or GPU) at 80 °C hence partially nerfing the components' maximum design capabilities.

A funnier note is that many Mac minis end up in data centers and other air conditioned server rooms. Running full bore at 100 °C is what many of these units do.

The funniest thing is that with Apple taking control over their own silicon, their stuff is better from a performance-per-watt metric than anything AMD or Intel can offer.

If a thermal grease can work at ~70 °C on some custom built deskto PC but breaks down at >90 °C on a mass-market notebook, that basically limits its applicability.

Shall we guess where MX-5 is?

Let's remember that Arctic is the one who took MX-5 off the market. Not CallandorWoT. Not Mussels. Not W1zzard. Not Chomiq. Not me.

Last edited:

TheEugeneKam

Laptop and fans are fully cleaned a few days ago as I thought that might be the problem and not tfx. Alas it was tfx. Most modern laptops that are intel are designed to run up to 90-100c. That’s normal spec. They throttle at a 100. my desktop is using my-h2 and 5900x sits at 70 max with amd pbo2 and auto under volt thing setup.

@Lex not a troll account, just thought I would share my experience so far. Also who creates troll accounts to post about thermal paste…
You are welcome to speculate about shadow accounts and I’m glad mx-5 works for you. I am sharing my experience so far 2016 MacBook Pro in particular. I think you might either use laptops that have better cooling or built. We use dell latitude 14 inch at work and I’m assuming the pinpoint will be similar on that.

Most workplaces give you shitty dell or HP, we use a blend of these after 2020. Before that we were strictly dell. A lot of them do run hot but thats the particular market I’m talking about. Not msi gaming bricks. I’m sure their cooling is significantly better, they are more of a niche product rather then stained laptops most people have for work or Macs

I have no horse in this race apart from telling people what I have tried so far. I already spent the money on all these pastes which will work fine for desktops.

Taking off max-5 was terrible. It’s a gooey stringy mess

syy 157 seems softer then tfx did it was closer to “normal” paste then gummy tfx texture. So a bit easier to apply. Currently waiting another 5 min as per instructions before assembly.

UPDATE:
so the paste seems to run a bout a degree cooler then mx-5. Lets see how long it lasts.

Last edited:
Also who creates troll accounts to post about thermal paste…
It happens. Some people are really that petty.
@Lex not a troll account, just thought I would share my experience so far.
Fair enough. However, saying...
Wow, MX-5 is truly an astounding product! Pumped out literally in hours. I'm already back to 95C. I think SYY is the next one I'm going to try today or tomorrow.
..this. TPU is no stranger to fanboy nonsense, and there's been plenty of it in this thread.

UPDATE:
so the paste seems to run a bout a degree cooler then mx-5. Lets see how long it lasts.
Then there's this. So it seems the MX-5, nor the SYY, is the problem.

TheEugeneKam

Sorry, I should have been more clear about what I meant to say runs a degree cooler than the initial MX-5 application which dropped about 20C from TFX that pumped out. So starting point between the two is pretty much the same within a margin of error. MX-5 pumped out within hours of using it for me. This one is holding up the same so far.

The poor thermal envelope of macs is the problem for sure, i exp3ect it to run hot, just not hit 100C instantly under load, which is what my old TFX paste did and MX-5 got close to.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus B550-F Gaming WiFi
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600 CL18
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX 6600 Eagle (de-shrouded)
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB M.2
Display(s) 2 x Asus 1080p 60Hz IPS
Case Antec P101 Silent
Audio Device(s) Ifi Zen DAC V2
Power Supply Be Quiet! Straight Power 11 650W Platinum
Mouse JSCO JNL-101k
Keyboard Akko 3108 V2 (Akko Pink linears)
Today I replaced the MX-5 on my RX6600 with Noctua NT-H2 and the hotspot temperature dropped from 82C to 81C. I'm calling that basically a tie. So even though MX-5 has issues with paste consistency, there isn't any indication that it affects thermal performance. In fact I'd even argue that the MX-5 performs really well considering the cost per gram is around 66% lower than NT-H2. There still is the question of application lifespan but I personally haven't seen any changes in performance over time.

MX-5 pumped out within hours of using it for me.
I have never seen this effect with ANY paste. After discussing the subject for many years with many people and trying many, many times to replicate this "effect" and failing to find anything to substantiate the many claims made, I am always extremely dubious whenever someone chimes in and claims to have witnessed it, especially when they claim it happened in a matter of hours. What is far more likely is that the very flat surface of the CPU heatplate is simply squishing all the TIM out as it is secured to the CPU die or it was not applied properly. This would happen with any TIM, which is why your temps haven't changed much. Thermal interface materials are NOT miracle compounds. They can only act as a medium to conduct heat through. If the cooling apparatice is deficient, the TIM is not to blame, the cooling system is, which means the blame falls on the manufacturer of the cooling system in question, assuming the TIM was properly applied to the surface.

Last edited:

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
I have never seen this effect with ANY paste. After discussing the subject for many years with many people and trying many, many times to replicate this "effect" and failing to find anything to substantiate the many claims made, I am always extremely dubious whenever someone chimes in and claims to have witnessed it, especially when they claim it happened in a matter of hours. What is far more likely is that the very flat surface of the CPU heatplate is simply squishing all the TIM out as it is secured to the CPU die or it was not applied properly. This would happen with any TIM, which why your temps haven't changed much. Thermal interface materials are NOT miracle compounds. They can only act as a medium to conduct heat through. If the cooling apparatice is deficient, the TIM is not to blame, the cooling system is, which means the blame falls on the manufacturer of the cooling system in question, assuming the TIM was properly applied to the surface.
Wouldnt the multiple people in this thread stating otherwise, be an obvious clue that there are things outside your experience?

It's a lot more likely than your claims of trolls, fake accounts and bizarre accusations you've made out of fear that you may either be wrong, or not know something

You're in complete denial that MX5 is a faulty product, it's been EOL'd due to it. No shit, the people with the bad batches are going to experience these problems and your denial and accusations to the people experiencing it are just fucking weird.

Wouldnt the multiple people in this thread stating otherwise, be an obvious clue that there are things outside your experience?

It's a lot more likely than your claims of trolls, fake accounts and bizarre accusations you've made out of fear that you may either be wrong, or not know something
It's an example of uninformed people making assumptions without evidence and possibly even the Mandela effect. And when I smell moose-muffins, I call moose-muffins.
You're in complete denial that MX5 is a faulty product
Yes, that must be it, denial. Couldn't be something else could it? Arctic had a faulty batch, 1(one), which they attempted to correct before being blasted and ridiculed by an ignorant cancel-culture public, no doubt spurred on by competitors.

Yes, I'm standing my ground and not willing to accept nonsense. This not denial, it is confidence in the scientific method. If there are users who have a bad batch they should be contacting Arctic about it, not coming here whining and badmouthing Arctic.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
First of all, you are conducting your experiment at room temperature. That is not the typical operating environment of a CPU.

The oil separation is probably happening at higher temperatures and might be exacerbated by temperature deltas between high operating temperature and when the system is turned off.

The Core i7 in my Mac mini 2018 will reach almost 100 °C, the maximum operating temperature of the CPU. Apple designed this system to use the CPU's full TDP. What is the ambient temperature in the room at night? Maybe 20 °C thus an eighty degree range. And Apple quotes a lower temperature for storage.

According to Arctic's note, this oil separation is causing premature drying of the thermal compound. This likely happens after extended usage, not something that happens immediately after application otherwise they would have noted it in their lab tests with prototype pastes.

Remember that thermal grease isn't the only thing that suffers from oil separation.

A slab of bacon has been hanging in room for months and months without oil separation. Put that slab on your kitchen counter overnight. Nothing will happen. Put that slab in roasting pan and throw into a 90 °C (195 °F) oven overnight. There will be a puddle of oil. That's oil separation. Throw a chocolate bar into the refrigerator for a few weeks; that white bloom on the outside is cocoa butter that has migrated to the exterior.

If you cook or bake regularly, you'll be quite familiar with oil separation and how materials vary in behavior based on temperature and age. Heavy cream whips better when very cold but egg whites are better when warmed up. In fact, older egg whites are better for whipping up than whites from freshly laid eggs. There's a lot of chemistry and physics involved in cooking; a good cook is a keen observer even if they don't have a chemistry or physics degree.
You're missing the part where people reported oil separation on MX-5 immediately after coming out of the tube.

My tube was fine and I see no problems when running with my 5800X. If I see any issues I'll just switch over to a different paste.

Arctic couldn't keep the consistency and they did the best they could - EOL it because word around the block was that MX-5 can be runny, gummy sh*tshow.

Last edited:

freeagent

Staff member
System Name Altered Beast
Processor AMD R9 5900X/5800X3D
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850X 2TB, SN850 1TB, SN770 1TB - Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750w G+, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
If TFX pumped out there is something else going on. TFX is very thick, it doesn’t run. It’s way thicker than SYY.

System Name HP Compaq 8000 Elite CMT
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Motherboard Hewlett-Packard 3647h
Memory 16GB DDR3
Video Card(s) Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 (fan-less)
Storage 2TB Micron SATA SSD; 2TB Seagate Firecuda 3.5" HDD
Display(s) Dell P2416D (2560 x 1440)
Power Supply 12V HP proprietary
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
I have never seen this effect with ANY paste. After discussing the subject for many years with many people and trying many, many times to replicate this "effect" and failing to find anything to substantiate the many claims made, I am always extremely dubious whenever someone chimes in and claims to have witnessed it, especially when they claim it happened in a matter of hours.

I tend to agree; as I understand it, it is a very slow process that results from differential thermal expansion. Not something that can be resisted as the forces would be extreme. That is where I found the DOWSIL data so intriguing as it is suggestive that around 10,000 cycles may be involved in such a mechanism.

I am still wondering if wetting plays an important role whereby the thermal paste can make its way back in by capillary action; this is all conjecture, but one has to start someplace.

We seem to concentrate excessively on thermal conductivity, perhaps because that make things easy; TC-5026 has a thermal conductivity of 2.87 W/m.K. If a thermal conductivity of 20 W/m.K resulted in a 0.2°C drop, 2 W/m.K would result in a 2°C drop; well worth it in my opinion if the result is longevity.

Attachments

• DOWSIL.jpg
    DOWSIL.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

TheEugeneKam

@Shrek in Canada, to ship this item and import fees costs more then the paste itself. SYY is holding up fine for now for me. I haven’t replaced mx-5 on my dell yet as it works fine in that application.

I know pump out takes a bunch of cycles to affect the machine. It wasn’t the case with mc-5 which is odd. I wonder if it’s stringy consistency has something to do with that as I have never seen a paste be that stringy before. It was still wet when I took it off my Mac so drying was defenetly not the case. Eh who knows, the product is EOL anyways so this will become non issue fairly soon.

Memory 16GB DDR3
For me it is a learning process, so of utility whether or not it becomes obsolete.

I have 120g of GD900 so may never need to get any thermal paste again.

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
For me it is a learning process, so of utility whether or not it becomes obsolete.

I have 120g of GD900 so may never need to get any thermal paste again.

Had no idea what it was, did a quick google search, aliexpress on top, so guess it's some chinese brew..
Each their own..

Memory 16GB DDR3

Last edited:
System Name Msi PC
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard MSI b550 gaming gen 3
Cooling deepcool gammaxx 200t (deepcool z10 paste)
Memory 32(4x8) gb g.skill 3200 (qvl)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3060 8GB Ventus 2X OC
Storage Ssd Crucial mx500 500 gb
Display(s) Philips 222V8LA/00 dp 75 hz freesync
Case Q-Tech Hermes 1004 (4x12cm fans)
Audio Device(s) Audigy fx pcie
Power Supply Corsair cv 750w bronze
Mouse PATRIOT PV530OULK VIPER V530 (500hz)
Keyboard Gigabyte force k81
Software Windows 11
We seem to concentrate excessively on thermal conductivity, perhaps because that make things easy; TC-5026 has a thermal conductivity of 2.87 W/m.K. If a thermal conductivity of 20 W/m.K resulted in a 0.2°C drop, 2 W/m.K would result in a 2°C drop; well worth it in my opinion if the result is longevity.
The conductivity is 2.87 but the thermal resistance is only 0.03 from 20 psi to 80psi and for that reason beats thermal paste that have 5-6 w/m. K. Is the only paste that the thermal resistance don't change with pressure. For example akasa t5 pro grade plus have 5.5 conductivity and thermal resistance 0.04.

Memory 16GB DDR3
While it is true
  • Thermal paste is about lowering temperature
what use is that if
  • The lowered temperature only endures a few months

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Thermalright Frost Commander 140
Memory 2x16 3200@3733 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX 5600 XT WindForce OC 6G (GV-R56XTWF2OC)
Storage Some
Display(s) Acer XV280K
Case Cooler Master HAF XB EVO
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE 650 Bronze
Mouse Logitech G502SE
Keyboard Ajazz AK35i with AKKO CS Rose Red Switches and white YMDK PBT keys
Sorry, I should have been more clear about what I meant to say runs a degree cooler than the initial MX-5 application which dropped about 20C from TFX that pumped out. So starting point between the two is pretty much the same within a margin of error. MX-5 pumped out within hours of using it for me. This one is holding up the same so far.

I would try something different like Shin-Etsu 7921
It is super dense and will not pump out, but very hard to apply.
The guy in the video used a hair dryer, but I would keep the hair dryer on...

System Name Sunk Cost Fallacy
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock B650E Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev. 7
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Storage WD Black SN850X 1TB + 2x 2TB, 2x 4TB Crucial MX500, 4TB Samsung 870 Evo.
Display(s) Alienware AW2723DF, LG 27GR93U, LG 27GN950-B
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Bose Companion Series 2 III, Sennheiser GSP600 and HD599 SE - Creative Soundblaster X4
Power Supply bequiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1500w Titanium
Mouse Logitech GPRO X Superlight & G502 X
Keyboard Corsair K65 RGB Mini, Razer Black Widow V3 TKL
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Thermal Paste pump out is generally a heatsink issues (some paste can handle it better but all will pump out if the heatsink is the problem which it is in 95% of the cases)
i have dealt with it so often over the years with tons of GPUs (i repasted around 20-30 GPUs with almost all branded thermal pastes and it was almost the same.)
if the heatsink is rather thin or the GPU gets very! hot the expansion of the silicon and copper under a heat load causes the pump out effect.
one of the worst cards that i had to deal with was the 2080 Ti AMP Extreme.

repaste with MX4, completely gone within a week, Kryonaut 2 weeks, NT H2 2 weeks, the brown thermalright paste 2 weeks, GC Extreme a week... Same goes for silicone free pastes like hydronaut which will just turn into soupy sand.
if a heatsink is heavy and thick it's no problem even with the cheapest stuff (for example my 3090 Gaming X Trio) Arctic MX4 lasted almost a full year with no problems.
same with my 6900XT Nitro which was my first repaste with Arctic MX5. and guess what! a year later the temps are basically identical.

even the highest end stuff like kryonaut extreme will pump out within a week on bad heatsinks.
from my experience pump out is a bit less bad if you don't tighten the heatsink as much as it was from the factory. (just 1/8 rotation less can help sometimes)
81u762NqrxL.jpg

TheEugeneKam

Good tips! I remember shin-etsu, I think they were rumoured to be OeM for Lenovo a while back. Could be wrong though.
So far SYY is holding up solid in my end. Mx-5 is working fine in dell as well.

Chloefile

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Fractal Design Define Mini C
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 Legendary
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K