• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EPIC a 2022 Rant for a 2018 Issue

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
. I found this video on Youtube.

Even the Epic site acknowledges that library migration is an issue on their very site. The Issue for me is the fact that even if you just picked up every free Game for a week since EPIC launched your library would be over 100 titles of at least 40GB of data each. For me Steam and Epic are inert in terms of the function they serve (a store front for Game Keys and more and more servers). I have over 700 Games in my Steam library that as I get closer to retirement look forward to enjoying.

Another side of the Gaming ethos (on PC) are the 3rd party store fronts that are the home of old Games and discount sites. Indeed most of my 700 steam Games come from Humble Monthly (Choice now). As Epic has grown discount keys from these sites that are for the Epic platform have grown as well.

Game producers are also in the mix as well. Ubisoft; if you have bought more than 1 Assassin's Creed you probably have most of them now just buy owning those 2. Origin (EA) was the most notorious before Epic and Windows seems to be buying every Game producer they can find. They all have the same thing though. User friendly Game migration is even in Origin (Locate Installed Game). Even though you could have a Game on Steam through EA play it will become a Game you can play if you purchase it on Origin or Steam but you only have to purchase it once and it will work on both platforms. That however is not the focus of my rant.

Epic has been making a lot of noise about different issues in and outside of the Gaming Space. They are even in litigation about some of these. The thing that burns my craw though is how they don't seem to be making any progress on the Game migration front. Not only that it seems they are not even trying. This is not fun for any user. One of the things that holds true from that video is that if you upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 be happy re-downloading Control, For Honor, Kingdom Come Deliverance, TW Troy, Hitman 3, Godfall, Borderland 2, Metro 2033, Pillars Of Eternity......while the files are sitting in their D drive taking up space but unable to run. Why the F$$@ do I need to verify my Game data by REDOWNLOADING it when the files have already been DOWNLOADED.

Everyone else is innovating (you don't need to go on any browser to get your choice Games with the new software package). As I said before EA Play on Steam is butter but Squadrons was an Epic exclusive.

JUST BECAUSE A LOT OF USERS GET THEIR GAMES FREE DOES NOT MEAN THAT WE SHOULD HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THIS ISSUE SINCE THE PLATFORM LAUNCHED IN 2018 AT 52 PER YEAR THAT MEANS YOU COULD HAVE 200+ TITLES IN YOUR LIBRARY TO f##@ING RE-DOWNLOAD BECAUSE EPIC NEVER FINISHED THE SOFTWARE PACKAGE. IT IS 2022 AND THIS ISSUE SHOULD BE GONE.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Cooling In Win SR36
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Keyboard Logitech G510
. I found this video on Youtube.

Even the Epic site acknowledges that library migration is an issue on their very site. The Issue for me is the fact that even if you just picked up every free Game for a week since EPIC launched your library would be over 100 titles of at least 40GB of data each. For me Steam and Epic are inert in terms of the function they serve (a store front for Game Keys and more and more servers). I have over 700 Games in my Steam library that as I get closer to retirement look forward to enjoying.

Another side of the Gaming ethos (on PC) are the 3rd party store fronts that are the home of old Games and discount sites. Indeed most of my 700 steam Games come from Humble Monthly (Choice now). As Epic has grown discount keys from these sites that are for the Epic platform have grown as well.

Game producers are also in the mix as well. Ubisoft; if you have bought more than 1 Assassin's Creed you probably have most of them now just buy owning those 2. Origin (EA) was the most notorious before Epic and Windows seems to be buying every Game producer they can find. They all have the same thing though. User friendly Game migration is even in Origin (Locate Installed Game). Even though you could have a Game on Steam through EA play it will become a Game you can play if you purchase it on Origin or Steam but you only have to purchase it once and it will work on both platforms. That however is not the focus of my rant.

Epic has been making a lot of noise about different issues in and outside of the Gaming Space. They are even in litigation about some of these. The thing that burns my craw though is how they don't seem to be making any progress on the Game migration front. Not only that it seems they are not even trying. This is not fun for any user. One of the things that holds true from that video is that if you upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 be happy re-downloading Control, For Honor, Kingdom Come Deliverance, TW Troy, Hitman 3, Godfall, Borderland 2, Metro 2033, Pillars Of Eternity......while the files are sitting in their D drive taking up space but unable to run. Why the F$$@ do I need to verify my Game data by REDOWNLOADING it when the files have already been DOWNLOADED.

Everyone else is innovating (you don't need to go on any browser to get your choice Games with the new software package). As I said before EA Play on Steam is butter but Squadrons was an Epic exclusive.

JUST BECAUSE A LOT OF USERS GET THEIR GAMES FREE DOES NOT MEAN THAT WE SHOULD HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THIS ISSUE SINCE THE PLATFORM LAUNCHED IN 2018 AT 52 PER YEAR THAT MEANS YOU COULD HAVE 200+ TITLES IN YOUR LIBRARY TO f##@ING RE-DOWNLOAD BECAUSE EPIC NEVER FINISHED THE SOFTWARE PACKAGE. IT IS 2022 AND THIS ISSUE SHOULD BE GONE.
Yes, it's true and confusing, but Origin needed 4-5 years too to implement this...
But yes, why would i redownload my gaming library because an upgrade/storage swap (bigger usually) when it is present on the drive.

Processor 3900X 4.425
Motherboard X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Galahad 360 push-pull
Memory 2x16gb Crucial Ballistix MAX 4400
Video Card(s) Asus Dual 3060 Ti OC
Storage Optane 280gb PCI-E
Display(s) PG348Q
Case Core X71
Audio Device(s) ATOLL DAC 100SE, Sony DN1070 - Dali Ikon 1 MK2, Presonus Studio 192, Line 6 POD HD rack, Audix VX10
Power Supply AX1500i
Mouse Pulsar Xlite wireless white
Keyboard Leopold FC980C 30g white
Software Win 10 Pro
I remember thinking what the hell is Steam on my Total WAR Shogun 2 case.

Well you're a bit off there... I was using Steam for not just Half-Life way earlier. There were games like Prey and some others titles implemented to it like... way back in 2006-2007. After a point it became obvious that Steam was to take off like it did.

Processor AMD 7900X3D
Cooling In Win SR36
Keyboard Logitech G510
Well you're a bit off there... I was using Steam for not just Half-Life way earlier. There were games like Prey and some others titles implemented to it like... way back in 2006-2007. After a point it became obvious that Steam was to take off like it did.
Totally understood from your point of view but I did not play Half Life (my loss) for that very reason. I was one of those people that loved Blockbuster for fixing my DVDs (TW Medieval 2). I have been gaming since 5/14 Floppys and was mostly an Arcade Gamer. The only reason I even got Steam was because Total War (probably 10000+ hours) has been my kryptonite since I picked up Rome for $5 at a flea market.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
So much easier with optical media

Oh yeah installing Baldur's Gate 2 was real fun, 4 god damn discs and obviously one would get a scratch somewhere along the way. So you could get 4 coffees in that 20-odd minute process, but not when you wanted to, no.... gotta physically switch discs every once in a while at random intervals.

Or burning your own discs and any hiccup on the PC would make the disc prone for the dustbin especially if your burn speed was too high. Or the fact those discs would fail ten times faster than anything you bought with data already on it. Or that moment when you carefully arranged a bunch of songs on a CD to burn them but the last one exceeds the maximum capacity by a few seconds. What to do... waste 5-7 minutes of disc or edit a file, or burn another one?

Optical media, or actually anything that's not just data irrespective of where it's saved, was a thing of the past and I'm very happy that it is. Matter of fact, if you had a 30 GB game now, I'd doubt you would be that much faster installing the thing compared to a download off any half decent connection. CD ROM carried what, 700MB?

Last edited:
System Name desktop
Processor i5 11600k
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming Z590-Plus WiFi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Corsair 32GB (2 x 16GB) Vengeance LPX, DDR4 3600MHz, CL18
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 4080 TUF Gaming - OC Edition
Storage 2TB WD_BLACK SN850X NVMe
Display(s) Acer Predator 1440p
When epic game store came out with free games and such, i just thought free is still too expensive.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
CD ROM carried what, 700MB?
We'd probably be using blu-ray if we'd stuck with it but dvd-roms were a thing for a bit.

I'm still with you. Digital distribution has been a godsend. The "content rights" debate is a separate issue though.

Yup, install Epic on separate drive from C: should you need to reinstall Windows it should be case of pointing the Epic Games launcher install to the games dir: and it doing it's thing, unfortunately no, and it has been an issue for years, reason why I stop using Epic sometimes as I don't see why I have 100's of GB's worth of game files downloaded on a drive and point Epic to it and they completely just ignore them, there are ways to do it though it's not consistent and doesn't work with all games and can also be a PITA, I agree it should have been sorted out long ago, not 5 years later people still having the same issues.

With digital you don't own it, just leasing. Just remember that when the service shuts down.
Somewhat true. Except with DRMFree. This is one of the reasons why GOG is so excellent and why I tend to avoid Steam, Epic and other stores..

We'd probably be using blu-ray if we'd stuck with it but dvd-roms were a thing for a bit.
We still should be. CD's were good for their time, but DVDs started taking over in the late 90's and were default by mid 2003.

Digital distribution has been a godsend.
I fully disagree. I would much rather have physical media than digital downloads.

Processor AMD 7900X3D
Cooling In Win SR36
Keyboard Logitech G510
Oh yeah installing Baldur's Gate 2 was real fun, 4 god damn discs and obviously one would get a scratch somewhere along the way. So you could get 4 coffees in that 20-odd minute process, but not when you wanted to, no.... gotta physically switch discs every once in a while at random intervals.

Or burning your own discs and any hiccup on the PC would make the disc prone for the dustbin especially if your burn speed was too high. Or the fact those discs would fail ten times faster than anything you bought with data already on it. Or that moment when you carefully arranged a bunch of songs on a CD to burn them but the last one exceeds the maximum capacity by a few seconds. What to do... waste 5-7 minutes of disc or edit a file, or burn another one?

Optical media, or actually anything that's not just data irrespective of where it's saved, was a thing of the past and I'm very happy that it is. Matter of fact, if you had a 30 GB game now, I'd doubt you would be that much faster installing the thing compared to a download off any half decent connection. CD ROM carried what, 700MB?
That is why Blockbuster was your friend. If not you could just get another copy for $5

That is why Blockbuster was your friend. If not you could just get another copy for $5
Actually rent the Game and burn it onto your own DVD it was legal too....If you already owned the Game.

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
What pisses me off most is when there's old games which aren't available for digital purchase. And no, I'm not getting an external drive and hunting those games used in physical form + spending hours on how to get them working with modern hardware and OS. :shadedshu:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD

Erm DVDs and BluRays.

I'm still with you. Digital distribution has been a godsend. The "content rights" debate is a separate issue though.

Not everyone is spoiled with a 100Mbps+ connection, .125 Mb is 1 MB.

100GB over 100Mbps is 2.22 Hours, still slow.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
I fully disagree. I would much rather have physical media than digital downloads.
Then bake your own if it allows offline backups. Best of all worlds as far as I can tell.

And yes, I am a big proponent of offline backups without drm (media rights).

Have you met the mailman?

Seriously speaking though, that IS a valid point I did not consider. Kudos.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Then bake your own if it allows offline backups. Best of all worlds as far as I can tell.

And yes, I am a big proponent of offline backups without drm (media rights).

Have you met the mailman?

Seriously speaking though, that IS a valid point I did not consider. Kudos.
Never Have.

Many homes are still on a Mbps ADSL connection even.

But heres another take. Data rates are if the plant is ideal (no bridge taps, corrosion, dying dslam cards) both dsl and coaxial are suceptable.

56Kbps takes almost 2 days to download 1GB.

When I installed W11 Pro on a Ry 7 5800 Rig using a BD Drive and media is still DVD, it was pretty friggin quick, along with Office 2007. That is not my rig fyi.

That Rigs Specs are:
Zalman Z1 Neo
Seasonic GX 650
Ry7 5800
ThermalRight ARO M14G with a TR RGB HSF Fan.
AsRock Steel Legend B550
Crucial Ballistix Gaming 3600 32GB (16*2) @DOCP/AMP/XMP
Pioneer BDXL Burner
Crucial MX 500 250GB SATA. (Not a fan of making a m.2 hot, let alone mobo, or sacrificing pcie/sata connectivity)

Point is todays rigs can get max performance from optical drives, hell my Signature Rig does as well.

how is steam shutting down any worse than a games servers shutting down? ok
Never Have.

But heres another take. Data rates are if the plant is ideal (no bridge taps, corrosion, dying dslam cards) both dsl and coaxial are suceptable.

I remember those days, 10 mins to DL a 3MB MP3 or leaving the PC on overnight to download some JPG's or a 300MB film :laugh:

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
Personally I haven't used a case in my main rig with a 5.25" bay in over 5 years, though they are still a thing in cheaper cases. I don't even use HDDs inside the case anymore, only external drive on my main system.

What I mean is that times change and sometimes it's just best to let go of the old and preferred. Though I still watch my movies from bluray without a doubt over a stream.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Erm DVDs and BluRays.

BluRay carries what now? 50GB? So you'll still be swapping discs for the better half of what comes out today. I'm not so sure this bit of progress is as meaningful as it looked/looks. Sure we can compress data to fit into 50GB most of the time. But the practice has not been such, we're not getting the most compact downloads either, and decompression takes time/processing power too, further lengthening the installations.

You're still right about connections though, but that's a matter of planning entirely. I'm on 50Mbit VDSL myself... its not ideal. Swapping those discs required you to be at your PC. I can turn on any bunch of downloads at any time and even schedule them. Then when they're done, one click install and do something else again.

But... this is all #firstworldproblems category imho. Back then we managed, right now we'll manage :D Still, not everything was better back in the day I think

BluRay carries what now? 50GB? So you'll still be swapping discs for the better half of what comes out today. I'm not so sure this bit of progress is as meaningful as it looked/looks. Sure we can compress data to fit into 50GB most of the time. But the practice has not been such, we're not getting the most compact downloads either, and decompression takes time/processing power too, further lengthening the installations.

You're still right about connections though, but that's a matter of planning entirely. I'm on 50Mbit VDSL myself... its not ideal. Swapping those discs required you to be at your PC. I can turn on any bunch of downloads at any time and even schedule them. Then when they're done, one click install and do something else again.

But... this is all #firstworldproblems category imho. Back then we managed, right now we'll manage :D Still, not everything was better back in the day I think

I can see 100GB+ disc on EBAY or are their fake.. It states triple layer.,.

System Name desktop
Processor i5 11600k
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming Z590-Plus WiFi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Corsair 32GB (2 x 16GB) Vengeance LPX, DDR4 3600MHz, CL18
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 4080 TUF Gaming - OC Edition
Storage 2TB WD_BLACK SN850X NVMe
Display(s) Acer Predator 1440p
Personally for game discs i just use 8TB hard drive and just transfer to ssd when i want to play something a bit more often.

Processor AMD 7900X3D
Cooling In Win SR36
Keyboard Logitech G510
Personally for game discs i just use 8TB hard drive and just transfer to ssd when i want to play something a bit more often.
That will not save you from the Epic Gremlin. It does not matter if you have 7 drives and an Epic folder in each. If you reinstall your OS you will not be able to play those Games until you re-download them without using the Workaround. Epic will even create a sub folder in the sub menu of the very same Game if you let it.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
Let's be honest here, how often are you downloading 100GB games? Most of the time, I install games and then that is that. It's not like I'm downloading games all the time or anything. In particular, one thing I do like about Steam is how my game saves and game states get uploaded to Steam and downloaded on any machine that I use steam on. This is really nice when I move between my tower and laptop. There is also another consideration about physical media and that's the longevity of the media. Most of my CDs from back in the day have sufficiently rotted at this point, so it's not like physical media is a golden solution.

At least with a solution like Steam, I don't need to worry about the media deteriorating, forget how Steam Play on Linux has been a godsend (at least for me since I don't run any Windows machines.) So from that perspective, Steam is actually pretty fantastic, media rights aside.

Processor i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz (H2O Cooled)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Cooling CPU = EK Velocity / GPU = EK Vector
Memory 32GB - G-Skill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHz
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6900 XT (H2O Cooled)
Storage Samsung 860 EVO - 970 EVO - 870 QVO
Display(s) Samsung QN90A 50" 4K TV & LG 20" 1600x900
Case Lian Li O11-D
Audio Device(s) Presonus Studio 192
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 850W
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2S
Keyboard Matias RGB Backlit Keyboard
Software Windows 10 & macOS (Hackintosh)
That will not save you from the Epic Gremlin. It does not matter if you have 7 drives and an Epic folder in each. If you reinstall your OS you will not be able to play those Games until you re-download them without using the Workaround. Epic will even create a sub folder in the sub menu of the very same Game if you let it.

I'm someone who likes to reinstall their OS depending on OS updates being rolled out. or if needed during a troubleshooting process. So I certainly appreciate the ability to save games and launchers etc onto separate disks to not go through all those setup processes again...of course boot drive backups are a life saver also here

what has really annoyed me about Epic Launcher are some of the same points you and others in this thread make. game migration should be implemented by now, it's a basic quality of life feature I think. downloads are screwed up too. you have to let the download complete in one go, you cannot exit the launcher or it will cancel the download and therefore you gotta start from 0% next time you boot up the launcher. there is a workaround here by doing a force closing of the launcher but this is yet another basic quality of life feature they lack. there is a workaround to migrate already installed games too with renaming and moving folders/files and briefly restarting the game download, which you seem to be aware of, but obviously they are not as user friendly and convenient as literally any other launcher. I've dealt with it because I've only 2 games I would need to relink when I find myself in these situations, but it would be awful for someone with a larger library of games. Epic is bubblegum and band-aids compared to Steams cast iron tank of a reliable and user friendly system. Rockstar, Origin, and Ubisoft Connect are all better than Epic too as far as I am concerned for these same reasons.

I remember those days, 10 mins to DL a 3MB MP3 or leaving the PC on overnight to download some JPG's or a 300MB film :laugh:
remember those days? more like right now for people like me lol. I constantly leave my PC on overnight or while I'm away at work to download large files like games or software.

My home is stuck with a DSL connection. Likely near the end of run since my plan is 6Mbps but it is capped to 3.3Mbps. I thought I was getting scammed until I read the fine print and realized they were within their contractual rights to limit to as low as 3.1Mbps literally just over 50%! of what you think you're paying for

And it's $65/month....for just that 1 slow ass internet plan

week GIF