1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Epic Games Announces Partnership With GameSpy To Enhance Unreal Engine 3

Discussion in 'News' started by zekrahminator, Aug 17, 2007.

1. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    Epic Games recently announced a partnership with GameSpy. This means that Unreal Engine 3 is about to get a serious amount of multiplayer features. Unfortunately, only PS3 and PC versions of Unreal Engine 3 will have access to these benefits, as the Xbox 360 version is already managed by Xbox Live. According to the press release, Unreal Engine 3 licensees now have access to four new features:
    • GameSpy "Matchmaking" makes it easy for gamers to find suitable opponents effortlessly.
    • GameSpy's "Comrade" in-game middleware enables seamless in-game to out-of-game community features, such as instant messaging.
    • GameSpy's "Sake" allows developers to store data online, letting gamers build player profiles and maintain game statistics.
    • GameSpy's "ATLAS" is an advanced statistical system for dynamic leader-boards and tournaments within the game and on the internet.
    Unreal Engine 3 licensees will also have access to any and all new features GameSpy integrates into Unreal Engine 3.

Source: 1Up

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    Now we need cross multiplayer ;)

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Agreed KTR

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. jocksteeluk

jocksteeluk New Member

Thanks Received:
    The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
    since it is Gamespy i cant see an cross platform multiplayer featuring the xbox 360 since it will be free fopr pc users as well as Ps3 users.

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    this is good and bad because as farback as i can renember game spy has allways sucked because of ad's with the exception being americas army i take the Live interface over gamespy any day of the week

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. bebobsa

bebobsa New Member

Thanks Received:
    Carolina, Puerto Rico. Sabana Abajo's Ghetto
    They're taking advantage of the launch of Unreal in PS3 I think, because it will launch on PS3 this year, in 360 next year. That's the most anticipated game for PS3 this year so they have to make the most of it but I don't think that gamespy can compete with Xbox Live, even if it is free.

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. Benpi New Member

Thanks Received:
    The reason Xbox Live is so awesome is the fact that it works with every Xbox360 game. Sure gamespy might be able to make software to compete with xbox live, but it will only work with a few games. We need a standard, please!

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. jocksteeluk

jocksteeluk New Member

Thanks Received:
    The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
    well you do get what you pay for personally id rather take an advert sponsored Gamespy that is free of charge over a pay service minus the adverts any day. I agree with Benpi we do need a single standard and that single standard should be free of charge after all you do pay for the game before hand.

10 Year Member at TPU
  9. Benpi New Member

Thanks Received:
    Right! That should be built into Windows.

10 Year Member at TPU