• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ergonomic mouse: Help with choice

Fourstaff

Staff member
System Name Orange! // ItchyHands
Processor 3570K // 10400F
Motherboard ASRock z77 Extreme4 // TUF Gaming B460M-Plus
Cooling Stock // Stock
Memory 2x4Gb 1600Mhz CL9 Corsair XMS3 // 2x8Gb 3200 Mhz XPG D41
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 // Asus TUF RTX 2070
Storage Samsung 840 250Gb // SX8200 480GB
Display(s) LG 22EA53VQ // Philips 275M QHD
Case NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange // Tecware Forge M
Power Supply Corsair CXM500w // CM MWE 600w
Not sure who BP is but if he's a nice guy I'm up to being a friend.

BP, short for Black Panther, is reputedly the only girl at TPU (and is a mod too). Yeah, drop her a message to say hi ;)

I have medium-large hands and Im lovin my new Logitech Performance MX.
No need of 'surface' just desk. Works wireless and cabled.

I also have the 'mini' MX for laptops and it alsw would be a great desktop mouse, small and you nearly notice it. Wheel is even better than the Perf MX.

pjladyfox

System Name Eternal
Processor AMD Phenom II 955
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
Cooling Corsair H50 water cooling system
Memory 8GB Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C5DHX
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon HD 5870
Storage Seagate 7200.10 250GB SATA2, 7200.11 750GB SATA2, and 7200.10 500GB SATA2
Display(s) SAMSUNG 245BW 24" LCD
Case Antec Three Hundred - custom mnpctech.com
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC889 onboard sound
Power Supply Corsair HX620
Software Windows 7 Home 64-bit Retail
thems be big hands... and... girl hands?

makes sense with the name as lady fox, i guess lol.

:laugh: Yeah, I know I'm a bit of a mutant which my mom always pointed out growing up especially when we went shopping for clothes or shoes. Was really weird being taller than her and the ribbing at school didn't help either. :rolleyes:

Either way, it's all good. :toast:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/07/toe-mouse/

may be useful if suffering RSI which mousing exacerbates

It's funny that you point that one out since my physical therapist showed me something similar. Really odd to use to say the least and forget trying to game with something like that. I'm just glad that I managed to find something that works rather than have to deal with something like that. :p

The SteelSeries Xai laser is bigger than IME 3.0 so that might be interesting for you as well.

That was in the running until I got concerned over long-term reliability. I mean, tossing $100 every year is'nt chump change especially if your work is footing some of the bill. Hopefully I'll be able to get the Mionix one soon so I can do an update here and show everyone pics of each one.

I have medium-large hands and Im lovin my new Logitech Performance MX. No need of 'surface' just desk. Works wireless and cabled.

I also have the 'mini' MX for laptops and it alsw would be a great desktop mouse, small and you nearly notice it. Wheel is even better than the Perf MX.

After my fiasco with the MX1000 way back when I swore off wireless mice. Just too many things can go wrong with 'em and they're pretty heavy too boot. Thank you just the same however for a good suggestion. :rockout:

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080Ti FTW
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
VR HMD HTV Vive, Valve Index
Software Arch Linux
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran
Have you thought about using a trackball mouse to keep your hand from moving? Not the best option for everyone, but it could help relieve some pain.

pjladyfox

System Name Eternal
Processor AMD Phenom II 955
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
Cooling Corsair H50 water cooling system
Memory 8GB Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C5DHX
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon HD 5870
Storage Seagate 7200.10 250GB SATA2, 7200.11 750GB SATA2, and 7200.10 500GB SATA2
Display(s) SAMSUNG 245BW 24" LCD
Case Antec Three Hundred - custom mnpctech.com
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC889 onboard sound
Power Supply Corsair HX620
Software Windows 7 Home 64-bit Retail
Have you thought about using a trackball mouse to keep your hand from moving? Not the best option for everyone, but it could help relieve some pain.

Used one for about a day and while my hands did'nt hurt my fingers cramped up something fierce. Was really fustrating that, unlike some optical mice, there was no provision to increase the DPI so it would'nt take as much effort to move the cursor around.

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention as well is that I'm working with the facilities guy and looking at getting one or the other of these:

ESI Ergonomic Solutions Solution ULTRA kit
http://www.esiergo.com/products/combos/solutionUltra.asp

3M Sit/Stand Adjustable Keyboard Tray ATK180LE
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/ergonomics/home/products/keyboardtrays/AKT180LE/

The only tricky part on these is that they don't really make mousepads small enough to fit on either of these so I'm going to have to see how well they work. I'll have to remember to take pics of those as well once I get them installed and setup so you guys can see those as well.