• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Errors with attempting to acquire Bios

phoivos

Hello All,

Im new to the forums but have been a computer nerd for awhile now. I recently was reading about the 6950 to 6970 flash and shader unlock. I purchased 2 of the HiS cards last January 2011 and they have the dual bios which is safer and it was my understanding the earlier cards could be unlocked. Anyway heres what happens...

So I downloaded atiwinflash. When i go to run the application I get an error saying error reading from rom.

When I load RBE and browse to my atiwinflash directory and analyze that part is fine but when I go to acquire the bios from my listed adaptors it says "unable to attain bios information. Not an ATI BIOS? - debug information: 'ReadBIOStoArray' reported error.

That happens everytime I try. I also tried running atiflash through cmd and executing the command atiwinflash -unlockrom 0 and I get an error saying "flash not detected"

Anyone know what is going on? I cant seem to find much in terms of what I am experiencing...Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!