• We've upgraded our forums. Please post any issues/requests in this thread.

Eurocom Offering MXM 3.0b, Onboard GeForce GTX 800M Graphics Options in Laptops

Eurocom offers a variety of fully upgradeable and customizable, high performance laptops that support the best available graphics, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 800M series included. Having the ability to customize your system allows users to have the perfect configuration for their needs and pay for only what they need. A variety of performance levels are offered with the line of graphics to allow customers to choose the precise performance level.

Show full news post

System Name Partial MOD
Processor Core i7 4790
Motherboard Asrock Z97 Extreme6
Cooling Nepton 280L
Memory 2x8 GB Team Xtreem LV DDR3 2666 Mhz
Video Card(s) R9 295X2
Storage ***********************************************************************************
Display(s) *****************************************************************************************
Case TT Core X9
Audio Device(s) ZxR
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i
Software TeamViewer
GPU is still not upgradable

System Name Alienware 17R4
Processor Intel Core i7-6820HK @ 3.6 Ghz
Motherboard Alienware 17R4
Cooling Laptop Cooling
Memory 32GB Crucial Ballistix LT DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) Nvidia Geforce 1070 GTX (Internal)/ASUS Geforce GTX 1080 Ti (in AMP)
Storage 500GB RD400 RevoDrive m2/ 1TB Cruical BX200
Display(s) ASUS Swift PG279
Case Alienware 17R4
Audio Device(s) Sennhesier GSX1000
Power Supply 330W Dell PSU
Mouse Razer Mamba TE Chroma
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
I like how they are keeping and maintaining the MXM module standard for Laptop Graphics. This really does make it easier to upgrade the laptops that support it. Though I highly doubt these new cards will work with my Sager NP8690 it does give me something to look forward too should I get a new laptop. It is very nice to be able to swap just about everything out of it.

svl7

GPU is still not upgradable
True, cause Clevo still messes up the MXM implementation in the BIOS, it's horrible. The system shown above is a P570WM, and you need the latest mobo revision to get the 880m working. Yet in my Alienware M15x from Sept. 2009 the 880m works perfectly fine. Quality firmware matters.

While eurocom (as Clevo reseller) always promotes the "MXM capability" of their systems, it's far from the truth to say that a Clevo shell is future-proof due to upgradability, the firmware always messes this up even though the hardware interface is there. I'm under the impression Clevo does this intentionally, so they can sell more new systems.