• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EVGA X15

pzogel

Reviewer
The X15 completes EVGA's X series of mice. Being an MMO mouse, the X15 has no less than 20 fully programmable buttons. On top of that, it comes with true 8000 Hz polling, PixArt's PMW3389 sensor, and LK optical main button switches rated for 70 million clicks.

Show full review

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
@pzogel the link to the chip used is borked.

pzogel

Reviewer
Another con would be lack of dpi indication via LEDs on the mouse itself.
The three bars on the right side below the EVGA logo (next to the 9 and 10 number buttons) do indicate the currently set CPI step.

The three bars on the right side below the EVGA logo (next to the 9 and 10 number buttons) do indicate the currently set CPI step.
Interesting placement, I thought they were just cosmetic additions for aesthetic reasons from the photos. Far too many mice these days skip those cpi/dpi indicators while providing option for buttons to change sensitivity.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
@pzogel Can you let us know if the X17 firmware latest updates has fixed its issues too?

Processor R7 5800X
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix B550 I
Cooling Fractal Celsius
Memory 32
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus RTX 4080 OC
Storage Lots
Display(s) LG 4k, Dell 1440p
Case Fractal Nano S
Audio Device(s) Vintage
Power Supply EVGA 650 SFF
Mouse Pwnage SYM2
Keyboard EVGA Z15
This thing is routinely on sale in the US for under $30

System Name Merc v8
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 with Arctic fans
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Flare X F5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3070 VENTUS 3X PLUS
Storage Solidigm P44 1TB, &2TB, Crucial MX500 2TB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 34GP950G-B
Case Caselabs Mercury S8
Audio Device(s) Some Schiit with Edifier S351DB
Power Supply Seasonic TX-750
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Epomaker TH80 SE (Silent Red switches)
Software W11Pro
Ah, nice replacement for the Logitech G600.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Ah, nice replacement for the Logitech G600.

I still have a g600 brand new in box. been sitting in my pile of mice for like 4 years or 5 years now. i think i got it on a lightning sale for $20 one time. lol i love my razer naga's so i decided to get that one as a backup. but the thing is, only 1 of my 3 naga's ever died on me. so i have never needed to go to my backups yet lol

DeusExMachina

The X15 is really the true successor to the G600. I find most reviews compare it to the Corsair Scimitar variants and the Razer, or even the Redragon, but there are stark differences. These three brands all do not have the E/G-Shift ring button that allows double mapping of keys (effectively doubling the amount of side buttons), nor do they have the middle mouse tilt (which adds another two buttons). Only the G600 and the X15 have this (the Redragon variant has the double mapping but not the middle mouse tilt).

So if you are looking for a replacement for the G600 for MMOs that require as many buttons as possible, the X15 fits the bill.

PsyaNyde

i have this mouse, coming from my awesome Roccat Kone Aimo, it's a bit odd to get used to, but with a bit of practice it should be fine, the problem i have is the software, it indicates you can UN link the 3 lighting zones and set them independantly, I have not been able to do this, it all just sets to the same colour, another flaw is the key mapping, sometimes it just refuses to accept a shift+ setting, and when you click 'apply' it reverts to whatever you have set the non shift+ function to, most notably in the scroll wheel left/right functions, hopefully these little annoyances will be ironed out as the software progresses.

PsyaNyde

i have this mouse, coming from my awesome Roccat Kone Aimo, it's a bit odd to get used to, but with a bit of practice it should be fine, the problem i have is the software, it indicates you can UN link the 3 lighting zones and set them independantly, I have not been able to do this, it all just sets to the same colour, another flaw is the key mapping, sometimes it just refuses to accept a shift+ setting, and when you click 'apply' it reverts to whatever you have set the non shift+ function to, most notably in the scroll wheel left/right functions, hopefully these little annoyances will be ironed out as the software progresses.
The 3 zone RGB seems to have resolved itself, no idea how, because the software (as far as i'm aware) hasn't updated :confused:, oh well at least it's working now, stll got the same problem mapping different commands with the shift+and left/right scroll button though, no biggie really.

My scroll wheel stopped working. I fixed it and now its quieter. I noticed while troubleshooting it was rocking the scroll mechanism inside the mouse so maybe messing with it somehow set it more firmly than from factory? It's a noticeably quieter now

Processor R7 5800X
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix B550 I
Cooling Fractal Celsius
Memory 32
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus RTX 4080 OC
Storage Lots
Display(s) LG 4k, Dell 1440p
Case Fractal Nano S
Audio Device(s) Vintage
Power Supply EVGA 650 SFF
Mouse Pwnage SYM2
Keyboard EVGA Z15
My scroll wheel stopped working. I fixed it and now its quieter. I noticed while troubleshooting it was rocking the scroll mechanism inside the mouse so maybe messing with it somehow set it more firmly than from factory? It's a noticeably quieter now
I have the same issue, and have yet to fix it.

I also bought a Pwnage Symm 2 wireless and overall like it better than the X15