1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Experiences with Newegg.

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Soylent Joe, Jun 4, 2009.

1. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    ^^^ Yeah that's true, it would have been cool if it was at least micro-fiber. hahaa

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. Reventon

Reventon New Member

Thanks Received:
    Haven't had any problems with them ever. I haven't ordered many parts from there, but they are always quick. Great prices, probably the best I've seen except for on phones. Never need to RMA but from what I've heard they are always quick to replace or refund your product.

3. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Newegg are untouchable.. And when i have had a issue which has been normally with cheaper things like Sata cable, card readers and fan controllers under $25 they just tell ya keep it or put it in the bin if you want and then they refund you + postage..

The worsted is getting your money back for me as refunds tend to take a week+. But thats more likely the dam bank than Newegg.

NEVER had a issue really so there is nothing at all i can say bad about them. Even the 4870 i sent back it was on the 30th day matter of hours before i could not send it back to them and without messing me around they just told me send it back and fully refunded me.

Spent over the years about 3k

Newegg Rocks!

4. sweeper

sweeper New Member

Thanks Received:
    I got a case sticker from them before for being a loyal customer. :D As for my memory *sigh... it's not directly Neweggs fault but it showed up via USPS stuffed in my apartment mailbox in an envelope (padded) in 90F temp. :shadedshu Newegg has great stuff and great prices but I wish they would ship UPS like they use to do way back in the day. I remember everything I got was off a UPS truck. It was like a candy truck going down the road :roll:. I was always thinking.. is that for me is that for me??? :toast:

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. TheGuruStud

TheGuruStud

Thanks Received:
    They need to get a contract with FedEx again. I'll pay more for it as most everyone that uses newegg will tell you. You get what you pay for and UPS is the pits.

Other than that they are perfect. I've spent so much money there, it's ridiculous haha.

Not always the lowest prices anymore, but their speed at getting items out the door makes up for a lot of it. Not to mention the impeccable customer service. Although, Amazon has grabbed my attention with RMAs. They do cross shipping.

And what's this I hear about DHL? I think I got one thing from them that was small, but that's the only time ever. But yeah, it was slower than UPS :shadedshu (and that's killer slow).

6. Reventon

Reventon New Member

Thanks Received:
    From what I've seen they still have consistently low prices for sure. Occasionally they aren't the lowest for certain items, but they have some good prices.

7. sweeper

sweeper New Member

Thanks Received:
    Newegg still beats everyone else hands down but I wish they would get back on the ball with there shipping. :ohwell:

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. TheGuruStud

TheGuruStud

Thanks Received:
    !Spelling nazi alert! *sirens*

9. BababooeyHTJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I love Newegg but their Fedex rates are crazy. I really hate UPS, that company is a prime example of everything that is wrong with unions.

10. sweeper

sweeper New Member

Thanks Received:
    :confused::nutkick:

10 Year Member at TPU
  11. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:

I hate it when people have ago at UPS and even more when the stuffs from egg.

Fact is it depends on were you live as Fedex is a pain and deliver at VERY random times were i'm at. However with UPS i've either received some thing between 12:30-12:45 or nowwhich it's from 18:00-18:30 without fail for over 6 years.
    What is strange is that we moved about 3 blocks down the road which made these time changes but they NEVER failed..

And for Fedex i noticed some thing gets delivered any time from 11am-17:00 which is a fail compared to UPS..

In the end it just depends were you live. And yes Fedex rates are totally crap for me..

12. TheGuruStud

TheGuruStud

Thanks Received:
    Fed Ex doesn't play soccer with my precious hardware. UPS acts as if it's a freakin tournament throwing packages around. Being slower is just another issue on top of it.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  13. vbx New Member

Thanks Received:
    I use to work at UPS. And the package handlers are always fighting against time. Package are tossed around from different conveyors belts to conveyor belts. The only package handled with care are the huge heavy package. Little package are tossed around. It is up to the shipper to package their goods properly.

And if we see any "handle with care, or this side up" stickers on the boxes, we ignore it and actually drop kick those packages. How dare you tell us how to handle those package. LOL. JK

UPS takes excellent care of their employees and their customers package.

--------------

Anyways, my recent newegg experience. Was ordering an open box item. And newegg was right. it didn't come with any accessories. What a bltch.

14. BababooeyHTJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have horror stories with UPS like when they left my brand new GTX260 at my front door, I live in the city needless to say that package wasn't there when I got home. Newegg handled that very well, btw. The last time that I used UPS a package that was loaded onto their truck at 5:30a.m. on a friday never arrived at my door since the driver claimed he couldn't find my house even though he pulled up in front of my house at about 6:00p.m. and never even got out of the truck (my mailbox and the front of the house are clearly marked) and that wasn't even the first time that that had happened, usually with a different excuse. Have you ever called UPS customer service, they don't care. Fedex customer service on the other hand is great. Like I said UPS is a perfect example of what is wrong with unions, those people would not last at Fedex or any other job for that matter with out a union watching their back.

15. Altered

Altered

Thanks Received:
    BababooeyHTJ I have the same issue with them leaving packages on my doorstep. Thousands of $ of race car parts just left sitting there. Many calls to UPS and Fed got me a few weeks of them handing it to someone but after that back to leaving it on the porch. Thank goodness so far no losses.

Personally I like UPS, Cute blond delivers to me and its consistently 4pm to 5:30pm except during holidays but still always delivered even at 9:30pm during the holiday season thank goodness it was my daughters present. :)

16. cdawall

cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    i just ordered $250 of more stuff so they better not monkey anything up lol

[​IMG]

building up the octafather!

the 9400GT's are a joke i just want some cards to clock the hell out of and kill

10 Year Member at TPU
  17. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    I ordered my new hdd on Monday and it on arrived Tuesday:rockout: I have nver had any problems with UPS of the Egg. They wrapped it in big bubble wrap (twice) and surrounded it in a box of peanuts. I hooked it up and the drive runs great.:)
    [​IMG]

Crunching for Team TPU
  18. TheGuruStud

TheGuruStud

Thanks Received:
    It pains me to see that BS tax on your pic. :(
    One or the other mr govt. Taxing me on goods and income is illegal, but what do I know. It's not like it's in the constitution or anything.

19. Dippyskoodlez

Thanks Received:
    The constitution was rendered Void while bush was around, didn't you get the memo? :p

Yeah, taxes are really weird with newegg. Glad I don't get any :D

10 Year Member at TPU
  20. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    Yeah sometimes I want too order from out of state (like maybe TigerDirect) so there are no taxes, but then I get hit with shipping. So I guess it evens out one way or another.

Crunching for Team TPU
  21. Studabaker

Studabaker New Member

Thanks Received:
    Have you ever used Google Shopping to compare prices? It is my new Pricewatch.

22. dieselcat18

dieselcat18

Thanks Received:
    FedEx is an overnight express and Ground company and their delivery commitment times vary depending what service the customer chooses that shipment to be delivered. It's also dependent on whether that delivery location is in a high density area or rural area. But those commitment times are set in stone, which means that package will be delivered to that zip code no later than what the commit time is for that particular service the customer has requested. And if your comparing rates of the ground service between UPS and FedEx, they are about the same and in some cases cheaper with FedEx. As for Newegg, they are a major account with UPS, thus getting huge discounted shipping rates from them, which is why it's generally cheaper than using FedEx 2nd, Express saver, or 4-5 day ground service when buying from the EGG.
    I'm not saying your not getting what you feel is good or bad service from whoever, you know what your getting and what it's costing you.
    I just wanted to clear up any mis-information concerning unreliable delivery and non competitive rates.....;)

*+

23. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Have been using NewEgg since 2004 and have never been disappointed. The only thing I dislike is that they do not use USPS as a shipping option. Shipping to Alaska is already expensive:(

Crunching for Team TPU
  24. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    No, I will check that out thanks buddy:)

Crunching for Team TPU
  25. Studabaker

Studabaker New Member

Thanks Received:
    No prob, what I like is seeing the fact that a lot of vendors, you can get the final price after shipping and tax, so it's pretty cool. And Google doesn't list any crap companies either.

t77snapshot says thanks.