• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fake nvidia card maybe

sisosaadi

Hi
so i recently bought 2 Macy (a vendor i never heard of) GT 730 2gb for my two low end PCs one core 2 duo and a quad core the cards seems to perform well but crashes whenever i play a heavy game these games runs well with 60 fps average but one thing is after i play for 10 minutes sometimes near 15 minutes the games crash so i began looking for the issue and it appears that if i use more than 1GB of vram the games instantly crash and when i looked online i found that my cards might be fake and with no way to limit the vram unless i can find a way to edit the vbios so the cards report only 1gb of vram

333.PNG

so can anyone help me edit the bios rom files (i attached the file)

sorry for my english

Attachments

System Name New compy
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600x
Motherboard MSI MEG x570 ACE
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S w. FHP141 + Xigmatek AOS
Memory Patriot Viper 16gb ddr4400
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 1070 HB SLI
Storage 9.5tb
Display(s) Alienware AW2518H 24" 240hz
Case Thermaltake Core v71
Audio Device(s) iFi Nano Idsd Le, Creative T20 + T50, Sennheiser HD6Mix
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 1000w
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero custom w. G900 scroll wheel mod
Keyboard Corsair K68 RGB + K70 RGB
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/83f50d
Can you take a pic of the gpu itself? Include all the back stickers and get a decent shot or 2 of the heatsink. Those numbers in gpu z look legit. A heat issue may be causing the shutdown, when I had a fake gpu I bought from china the heatsink itself would detach from the gpu die because the springs holding it were too weak. After replacing them it worked fine but was definitely a fake card, the hdmi port didn't even work.

There's a bios expert here that can probably help you in finding one, he'll need the pics I asked for.

Last edited:

sisosaadi

Can you take a pic of the gpu itself? Include all the back stickers and get a decent shot or 2 of the heatsink. Those numbers in gpu z look legit. A heat issue may be causing the shutdown, when I had a fake gpu I bought from china the heatsink itself would detach from the gpu die because the springs holding it were too weak. After replacing them it worked fine but was definitely a fake card, the hdmi port didn't even work.

There's a bios expert here that can probably help you in finding one, he'll need the pics I asked for.
ok will do tomorrow its 3 am + i dont think its a heat issue cuz i monitored the gpu temps it never reached more than 58c i even underclocked it to the lowest possible

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
1 moment

Since the cards are doubtful, you need to remove the heatsink and get a picture of the gpu die, clean and board shot front and back and a close up of a ram chip.

sisosaadi

1 moment

Since the cards are doubtful, you need to remove the heatsink and get a picture of the gpu die, clean and board shot front and back and a close up of a ram chip.
ok so here's some news i was able to flash another 730 vbios one that have 1024mb vram the card no longer crash BUT driver is acting up it says that i have two monitor attached but i only have one 1080p in the VGA port btw here's the vbios file i flashed https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/188541/188541 it has a higher clock but worked when i underclocked the gpu a little to 750
btw why my memory changed from samsung to Hynix ?

1111111111.PNG