• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Family shield on stock D-link firmware not working

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-7600K
Motherboard Asus PRIME Z270-P
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i
Memory 2 x 8GB Cruicial 2400 mhz DDR4 CL17
Video Card(s) RX 580 4GB NITRO+
Storage Cruicial M.2 275GB drive
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29"
Case TT URBAN R31
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Dell Somethin wireless
Software Windows 10 x 64 bits
Hi all,

I have a simple problem. I have two different routers on two different locations. First one is an old D-link DIR615. I bought it used and it came flashed with dd-wrt. I input the Family shield DNS and copy/paste these two command lines:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i br0 -s 192.168.1.128/25 -p udp --dport 53 -j DNAT --to $(nvram get lan_ipaddr)
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i br0 -s 192.168.1.128/25 -p tcp --dport 53 -j DNAT --to $(nvram get lan_ipaddr)

and it works flawlessly. It stops everything it is supposed to stop. However, on my second router: D-link DIR850L with stock firmware I follow the instructions on OpenDNS's page, which is only one thing: change to "enter DNS manually" and input the DNS address from their official webpage. That's all the instructions. I do that and it blocks nothing. What I am missing here? I am really not a "network guy", so anyone has an idea, I'd be glad to listen. And for all that's Monday today...have a lovely day :) It's gonna be a long week.