• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fantasy Strike Takes the Fight to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PC in July

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
Fantasy Strike, the fighting game from Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix lead designer David Sirlin, punches its way out of Steam Early Access and onto Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Windows, Mac, and Linux on July 25, 2019.

The secret to how Fantasy Strike works as both a deep tournament game for hardcore genre fans as well as an introduction to the genre for newcomers is that both ends of the spectrum benefit from the game's extreme emphasis on strategy over difficult controls. Both types of players can enjoy its innovations in making fighting games more readable and understandable than ever before, which help everyone make the most informed strategy decisions they can.

These innovations include a unique feature never seen in any fighting game before: a visual display of "frame advantage." These graphical effects communicate which player will recover first after every hit and in how much time. Fantasy Strike also goes the extra mile to get everyone thinking strategically by including, inside the game itself, in-depth tutorial videos for all ten characters narrated by game director David Sirlin.

Fantasy Strike offers: an Arcade Mode with illustrated narrative bookends, a Boss Rush Mode that allows players draft their own deck of powerups against progressively powerful opponents, and Ranked Mode with built-on-the-fly tournaments and 3-on-3 team battles designed to offer a variety of matchups while removing the concepts of counter-picks. It also includes four Survival modes, a once-per-day Daily Challenge Mode, and, of course, local and online Versus featuring best-in-class GGPO networking technology for a fast and responsive online experience.

"Online play is so important to fighting games that we're trying to push the genre forward here," said David Sirlin, game director, Fantasy Strike. "Part of that is on our technical implementation of networking which somehow allows me, in California, to play my friend in Tokyo and have it feel totally responsive and smooth. The other part is modernizing the genre conventions for user interface so it's just a single click to challenge a friend online and a single click to watch any friend's match. Come try it out with us on July 25."

Fantasy Strike will be available for $29.99 USD / 32.99 / 28.99 / $46.99 AUD with support for English, French, Spanish, Norwegian, and Japanese language options at launch.

To learn more about Fantasy Strike, visit the official website and follow the game on Twitter.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
I like fighting games but this games name sounds like a generic cell phone title.

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Asus M4A78LT-M
Cooling Ice Hammer IH-4***
Memory 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair
Video Card(s) Asus HD7870 2GB
Storage 500GB SATAII Samsung | 500GB SATAII Seagate
Display(s) 23" LG 23EA63V-P
Case Thermaltake V3 Black Edition
Audio Device(s) VIA VT1708S
Power Supply Corsair TX650W
Software Windows 10 x64
System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
Are they sure they didn't mean they are targeting PS1, N64 and the Dreamcast?

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
I like fighting games but this games name sounds like a generic cell phone title.

agreed, but still better then.... "Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix"