• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Faraday Future FF 91, WOW (semi-ironic all caps WOW)

Processor Intel i5 8400
Motherboard Asus Prime H370M-Plus/CSM
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken & Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap
Memory 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-O6G-GAMING
Storage 1TB 980 Pro
Display(s) Samsung UN55KU6300F
Case Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Software W11 Pro
No doubt the live broadcast will attain importance as the day a new species was announced. Things didn't go entirely smoothly but they did manage to get through a self parking demo and side step the issue of executives diving away like the company is a sinking ship. Many, many. many, many expected them to cancel and hold the audience captive for a drawling lecture on failure being success. Following the botched announcement last year simply having a functional car was nigh on unexpected.

I have reservations concerning the legality of all the fancy tech displayed this evening. LIDAR popping out of the hood and the UFO design language that translates to a large aerodynamic bayonet fixed just behind both rear doors. Safely self valeting equates to unreasonably lengthy and tedious conscientious deferrals sure to make everyone actually driving their car want to murder you. Then there is the phone based internet of things a car without keys or external locks is bound to rely on. Steal the phone, drive off with the car, wallet, personal belongings and unfettered access to personal data. It even has two full speed routers for the hackers to play with. Basically a lot of untested tech and legal snafus to navigate while the company face is a battered and much maligned punching bag.

It is quick though. Supposedly quicker than a track prepped Ferrari while it wears road tires and a full complement of baggy camouflage. There is also the matter of real world battery longevity. A battle currently being won by the futuristic looking and purposely detuned BMW i8. There is much to be critical about but 1000+ BHP would stand proud by far. If their power management systems are at all revolutionary enough to cope with a 400 mile one way trip under real world circumstances at legal speeds, WOW. I came away feeling I'd actually seen a car. Not a new species but something that has a shot at actually being good at being a car. The back seat looks like a limo and you can expect the drivers seat to put you in control of complex suite of entertainment rich features. All that remains to be seen is if the Chinese backers can pump enough money and warm bodies into key roles to make this a functional company.