• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

FarCry 4

System Name Dragons Breath
Processor Intel i7-3770K OCd to 5ghz Not Delidded
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth Z77
Cooling CPU TEC Chilled Water Cooling, GPU Radiator Cooled
Memory G.Skill Trident 1600mhz 8G 2 x 4G
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 w EK Copper/Acetal Water Block
Storage Samsung 1T SSD, WD HDD 7200rpm 2T Backup
Display(s) 46" Toshiba HDTV 1080P
Case Antec 900/2 main machine, Azza 1000 cooling
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster z
Power Supply Corsair RM1000X, and 1000w Silverstone TEC Cooling
Mouse Microsoft Trackball Explorer
Keyboard Logitech Illuminated wired
Software Win7 Pro 64bit
I searched to see if this game was already covered but the search returned nothing so here goes.

In my opinion FarCry 4 is frustratingly addictive, the game scenery is amazing and many aspects of the game are new and fresh, and some of the old in the previous games is gone, which is good.

I 've played it through twice the first time I played it Sabals way, the 2nd time Amitas way, with differing outcomes with each choice path, even though the choices you make during the game play through change with your choices, in the end you basically have 3 options no matter how you play through.

Has anyone else played FarCry 4?

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
I did not even play FarCry 3 yet :D, it's still waiting for me in my steam account :p
The game looks pretty impressive graphics wise from what I've seen on videos though, I like it.
Waiting now for the videocard I've ordered.

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E
Cooling DeepCool Castle 360EX
Memory G Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600
Video Card(s) RX 5700 XT Pulse
Storage Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard G Skill KM570 MX Silver
Software Windows 10 Pro
Far Cry 4 was very in my opinion. While there were many similarities to FC3, 4 introduced several new aspects which I really liked, especially the whole Shangri La thing; that was a nice touch and a lot of fun.

I also really liked how they developed the emotional aspect of the game. On one hand, there's this crazy war-lord-ish guy ruling and creating trouble for the people; on the other hand, the 2 that was to replace him have nothing better to offer the people and will further bring different hardships. I like it because for me it let me think about the sides, the people, the difference between them. (this emotional aspect wasn't really present in FC3).

Yeah I need to replay it again.

Software Win7 Pro 64bit
I did not even play FarCry 3 yet :D, it's still waiting for me in my steam account :p
The game looks pretty impressive graphics wise from what I've seen on videos though, I like it.
Waiting now for the videocard I've ordered.

FarCry 3 was a serious disappointment to me and please let me explain why.

I never completed FarCry 3 to the end of the game, because I completely lost interest in the game after I killed Vaas.

Vaas, is the main baddie you have to deal with from the beginning, Vaas is responsible for the death of your brother in the game and Vaas became my sole point of playing the game.

But once Vaas was dead even though the game was not over in my mindset it was over, and I lost my desire to play it anymore.

I don't know if you can understand that explanation with words as you've never played any of the game, but later I discovered I was not the only one it affected like that.

FarCry 4 does not cheat you out of the end satisfaction of getting the bad guy, that I can solidly guarantee you!

Software Win7 Pro 64bit
Far Cry 4 was very in my opinion. While there were many similarities to FC3, 4 introduced several new aspects which I really liked, especially the whole Shangri La thing; that was a nice touch and a lot of fun.

I also really liked how they developed the emotional aspect of the game. On one hand, there's this crazy war-lord-ish guy ruling and creating trouble for the people; on the other hand, the 2 that was to replace him have nothing better to offer the people and will further bring different hardships. I like it because for me it let me think about the sides, the people, the difference between them. (this emotional aspect wasn't really present in FC3).

Yeah I need to replay it again.

Plus having the Buzzer, the little gyro copter saved so much time being able to go as the crow flies to a destination, and being able to fire the grenade launcher from it, gave you the ability to rain down fire on an outpost!

The Buzzsaw, my favorite weapon in a serious trouble situation, could actually take down a helicopter if you had no other rocket or grenade options available at the time.

The emotional aspect to me was the worst when you were sent to kill those you really did not want to, for the game to progress forward, and sometimes I didn't do it, but it did not change anything as far as the game layout plan was concerned.

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
FarCry 3 was a serious disappointment to me and please let me explain why.

I never completed FarCry 3 to the end of the game, because I completely lost interest in the game after I killed Vaas.

Vaas, is the main baddie you have to deal with from the beginning, Vaas is responsible for the death of your brother in the game and Vaas became my sole point of playing the game.

But once Vaas was dead even though the game was not over in my mindset it was over, and I lost my desire to play it anymore.

I don't know if you can understand that explanation with words as you've never played any of the game, but later I discovered I was not the only one it affected like that.

FarCry 4 does not cheat you out of the end satisfaction of getting the bad guy, that I can solidly guarantee you!

I may buy FarCry 4 when it's on sale again.

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E
Cooling DeepCool Castle 360EX
Memory G Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600
Video Card(s) RX 5700 XT Pulse
Storage Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard G Skill KM570 MX Silver
Software Windows 10 Pro

I agree with this about Vaas, it was a mistake to take him out 1/2 way through the game. Hoyt wasn't as cool of a baddie, and it was mess satisfying when dealing him out. Vaas should have been kept in longer.

That said, I did play through FC3 2 times and it was fun; I did enjoy the south Island and many of the missions, oh and the wingsuit!

Plus having the Buzzer, the little gyro copter saved so much time being able to go as the crow flies to a destination, and being able to fire the grenade launcher from it, gave you the ability to rain down fire on an outpost!

The Buzzsaw, my favorite weapon in a serious trouble situation, could actually take down a helicopter if you had no other rocket or grenade options available at the time.

The emotional aspect to me was the worst when you were sent to kill those you really did not want to, for the game to progress forward, and sometimes I didn't do it, but it did not change anything as far as the game layout plan was concerned.

Again, I share this feeling. I had forgotten the name but the gyro chopper thing was very cool, very nice way to travel, and being able to fire grenades down was awesome. I'd do that in game for fun!

Software Win7 Pro 64bit
Did any of you play, FarCry 3 : Blood Dragon?

Now I did like that, it used some of the FarCry 3 map, but was a completely different gaming experience, some liked it, some didn't!

I especially liked the sound of the Sniper Rifle.

There are some things in the different games we all play that stand out.

peche

Thermaltake fanboy
System Name Athenna
Processor intel i7 3770 *Dellided*
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.1
Cooling Thermaltake Water 3.0 Pro + Tt Riing12 x2 / Tt ThunderBlade / Gelid Slim 120UV fans
Memory 16GB DRR3 Kingoston with Custom Tt spreaders + HyperX Fan
Video Card(s) GeForce GTX 980 4GB Nvidia Sample
Storage Crucial M4 SSD 64GB's / Seagate Barracuda 2TB / Seagate Barracuda 320GB's
Display(s) 22" LG FLATRON 1920 x 1280p
Case Thermaltake Commander G42 Window
Audio Device(s) On-board Dolby 5.1+ Kingston HyperX Cloud 1
Power Supply Themaltake TR2 700W 80plus bronce & APC Pro backup 1000Va
Mouse Tt eSports Level 10M Rev 1.0 Diamond Black & Tt Conkor "L" mouse pad
Keyboard Tt eSports KNUCKER
Software windows 10x64Pro
Benchmark Scores well I've fried a 775' P4 12 years ago, that counts?
im still on FarCry 1, what a large game dammit....
i got all 3 games on sale in steam with all DLC's, gotta end 1 for starting 2 and over,

Regards,