• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

(FC4) A icon on Shanath but Amita not there

Processor Intel i7 950 @ 3.2GHz
Motherboard ASUS P6X58D-E
Cooling Corsair H50 push/pull
Memory Kingston HyperX 1600 8GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 7970 OC
Storage Plextor M5P 128GB/WD Black 2x1TB,1x6TB/Seagate 1TB
Display(s) Panasonic TC-L32U3
Case Antec DF-85
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371 AVR
Power Supply XFX 850w Black Edition
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech K120
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
It's been a while since I played this and I know this question comes up a lot. I'm well aware there's certain mission progression required to get the A Key To The North mission to be available, but I've done Shoot The Messenger and the 3 Willis missions and Don't Look Down. As the title says, I'm seeing an A icon on the Shanath trading post, but Amita is not there.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but it seems to me whenever a mission icon shows up, you're supposed to be able to access it aren't you? What, if anything am I missing here?

System Name Pioneer
Processor Intel i9 9900k
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 @ 13-13-13-33-2T
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2
Storage Mushkin Pilot-E 2TB NVMe SSD w/ EKWB M.2 Heatsink
Display(s) LG 32GK850G-B 1440p 32" AMVA Panel G-Sync 144hz Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) Onboard TOSLINK to Schiit Modi MB to Schiit Asgard 2 Amp to AKG K7XX Ruby Red Massdrop Headphones
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova T2 850W 80Plus Titanium
Mouse ROCCAT Kone EMP
Keyboard WASD CODE 104-Key w/ Cherry MX Green Keyswitches, Doubleshot Vortex PBT White Transluscent Keycaps
Software Windows 10 x64 Enterprise... yes, it's legit.
I first read this as "An icon on Shegorath but Amanita not there"

I must've played too much elder scrolls in my youth... ignore me.

Processor Intel i7 950 @ 3.2GHz
Motherboard ASUS P6X58D-E
Cooling Corsair H50 push/pull
Memory Kingston HyperX 1600 8GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 7970 OC
Storage Plextor M5P 128GB/WD Black 2x1TB,1x6TB/Seagate 1TB
Display(s) Panasonic TC-L32U3
Case Antec DF-85
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371 AVR
Power Supply XFX 850w Black Edition
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech K120
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
LOL, it's OK, I should be the one feeling odd, because last night I realized, after updating GPU driver and reinstalling the game no less, that it was just an oversight on my part. You see I decided to make this play through as hard as possible, so I had it on hardest difficulty plus all HUD elements turned off. I'd simply forgotten you have to go to the floor above the trading post, and with World Icons turned off, it wasn't obvious. It's hard to even notice that there are stairs to either side of the lower entrance leading up there, especially when you think you finally have a chance to get to the North after spending hours doing all the missions necessary to get there. It was a combination of forgetfulness, lack of attention to detail, and trying to rush through it.

So all's good, and sorry for the wasted thread TPU staff. At 59 my eyes (and memory) aren't what they used to be. :oops: I still have the anxiety of a teenager at times though. LOL

Last edited: