• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

FFXIV shows massive incompetence in server stability.

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
No way FF is linear and stat based? This game has ALWAYS been linear and stat based.. I never understood how people liked this junk

Shib, it's not quite that simple and the offline games are different than the online games - obviously they are turn based which suits the basic RNG system.

The complaint(s) are concerning that you have a fairly casual game that feels modern in terms of MMO mechanics, which suddenly gets stupid difficult at the end with no transition phases and you are limited simply by a few points of attributes on your equipment.
In short, they've made a game within a game that's not only frustrating but contrary to the overall game's approach.

It's like they said in Claptrap voice "Do not worry all you aspiring to be Koreans, you hardcore devil dogs you ;nudge nudge;. We've got you covered! Looking for gloriously stupid mechanics, look no further! Want to be frustrated by yet another MMO end game, step right up. Have you considered FFXIV : ARR, we aim to please everyone and you elitist freaks are no different. Come one come all, may you time sink unnecessarily for the simple sake of it and have all the fun drained right out of your playing experience. Aren't you happy to know that you let real life pass you by every night for three months just so you could complete a dungeon to acquire gear that you don't actually need..... yet ..... haha En Garde!"

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
I wish there was a starter package or something for this game. I really want to try it now.

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
No indie game style starter pack, nor are there any trial/buddy invites however the game cost is cheap and you get the customary first month free.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
I haven't played for like a week, got bored after hitting level 50 and getting into the grind

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
I haven't played for like a week, got bored after hitting level 50 and getting into the grind

I took my main class to 32sh and then leveled a few quickly up to 15 for unlocking jobs.
The rest of play time has been spent on DoH and DoL jobs with the goal of getting them all up to even level with my DoW.

Are you doing only adventure/class playing? Cause if so, I could see how that would get boring - especially with the mind numbing combat play.

bogmali

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi
System Name Daily Driver/Part Time
Processor Core i7-13700K/Ryzen R5-7600
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX/Asrock B650 Pro RS Wi-Fi
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT AIO/Deep Cool LS-520 White
Memory Patriot 2x16GB DDR5-7200/XPG Lancer Blade 2X16GB DDR-5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX-4080 Super/Sapphire Radeon RX-7800XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe 2TB/KingSpec XG 7000 4TB M.2 NVMe/Crucial P5 Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW
Case Corsair 5000d AirFlow/Asus AP201 White
Audio Device(s) AudioEngine D1 DAC/Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra 1K Watt/Seagotep 750W
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard Adata XPG Summoner
Software Win11 Pro 64
Benchmark Scores Xbox Live Gamertag=jondonken

Had to take break myself due to the server issues (especially Jap ones), been playing regularly now since they've fixed most of the issues and on my way LVL 50 DRG.

System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Motherboard MSI Pro B660M-A WIFI DDR4
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II High Performance CPU Water cooler- 240mm
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (2x16GB) 3600
Video Card(s) 7900XTX gigabyte OC edition
Storage WD Black SN770 1TB SSD M.2 2280 NVME x2
Display(s) TV LG C2
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 Full Tower Case Tempered
Audio Device(s) Mother board + Sennhiser HD650+ Elgato wave xlr + shure SM7B
Power Supply EVGA 1600w G+
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Keyboard Corsair RBG mini K65 + Steelseries Apex150
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores over 9000
are EU servers ok now?no lags crashes and login problems,havent played for 3weeks now,because still waitin for v card replacement

bogmali

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi
System Name Daily Driver/Part Time
Processor Core i7-13700K/Ryzen R5-7600
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX/Asrock B650 Pro RS Wi-Fi
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT AIO/Deep Cool LS-520 White
Memory Patriot 2x16GB DDR5-7200/XPG Lancer Blade 2X16GB DDR-5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX-4080 Super/Sapphire Radeon RX-7800XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe 2TB/KingSpec XG 7000 4TB M.2 NVMe/Crucial P5 Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW
Case Corsair 5000d AirFlow/Asus AP201 White
Audio Device(s) AudioEngine D1 DAC/Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra 1K Watt/Seagotep 750W
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard Adata XPG Summoner
Software Win11 Pro 64
Benchmark Scores Xbox Live Gamertag=jondonken
Well after the server issues went away, here comes another one! Apparently if your initial subscription runs out (like mine did) and you try to extend it through SE's site-their third party payment processing company is broke. Lots of error 401 and 601 going around and SE's Q&A section points the blame to the financial institutions when the banks are not even seeing the charges go through and cannot offer an explanation. So the trail points back to SE:wtf: Read more about it HERE (55 pages of disappointed customer comments).

I know I'm flogging a dead horse here, but why are people playing this game?

For every positive comment there are 8 negatives. For every problem that is fixed, another one crops up.

Guild Wars 2 is free to play, but grind heavy. They've got a decent update rate, but they're only addressing some substantial issues (from launch) recently.

WoW has the player base, though it is hemorrhaging. They charge a monthly fee, but you get years of content.

There are a billion other intermediary flavors. Unless you absolutely can't live without the references to older FF games I don't see what the point is. Gaming is supposed to make you happy, and Squeenix has failed to do that (for PC users) for the better part of a decade. Come on people, let's smile a little and enjoy what our PCs can do.

System Name White Theme
Processor Intel 12700K CPU
Motherboard ASUS STRIX Z690-A D4
Cooling Lian Li Galahad Uni w/ AL120 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aero 4080 Super 16GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0
Display(s) Alienware 38" 3840x1600 (165Hz)
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO White
Audio Device(s) 2i2 Scarlett Solo + Schiit Magni 3 AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX 1000 Platinum
I know I'm flogging a dead horse here, but why are people playing this game?

For every positive comment there are 8 negatives. For every problem that is fixed, another one crops up.

Guild Wars 2 is free to play, but grind heavy. They've got a decent update rate, but they're only addressing some substantial issues (from launch) recently.

WoW has the player base, though it is hemorrhaging. They charge a monthly fee, but you get years of content.

There are a billion other intermediary flavors. Unless you absolutely can't live without the references to older FF games I don't see what the point is. Gaming is supposed to make you happy, and Squeenix has failed to do that (for PC users) for the better part of a decade. Come on people, let's smile a little and enjoy what our PCs can do.

My question is, have you played it? If not, you should really play it yourself to find out why instead of asking such a blind question and bashing SE for a game you haven't played, I personally found the game to be really well done and fun at least until after the main story quest. Otherwise as Wizzard said level 50 is pretty grindy but the list of content patches coming up will hopefully change that since from what they say looks awesome. The nightmarish server errors have been taken care off and I've been logging hours into the game fine without interruption unless they announce 1-2 hours of maintenance here and there, not sure what else people expect from a recently launched MMO.

My question is, have you played it? If not, you should really play it yourself to find out why instead of asking such a blind question and bashing SE for a game you haven't played, I personally found the game to be really well done and fun at least until after the main story quest. Otherwise as Wizzard said level 50 is pretty grindy but the list of content patches coming up will hopefully change that since from what they say looks awesome. The nightmarish server errors have been taken care off and I've been logging hours into the game fine without interruption unless they announce 1-2 hours of maintenance here and there, not sure what else people expect from a recently launched MMO.

I have played for a few hours. It seems like a fine enough game, but my point was not that it was a bad game. My point was that every time there's a new MMO released there's hate and vitriol launched at them without any warrant. As others have pointed out, wait a month or two for the bugs to be worked out.

I watched the Guild Wars 2 thread here and the same thing happened. The first month was buggy, then a succession of patches and changes fixed most of the issues. Once the issues were fixed, people moaned about the grinding that plagued the high levels.

WoW has the exact same love. Each new expansion is met with hate. It can't possibly be any good, there are bugs, then a sort of quiet falls over everything. If people waited just a bit before spewing bile, they could be happy.

Maybe this game is better than my experience indicates. I can't see it myself. All I see is a slightly different, FF flavored, approach to the same MMO. The trappings are slightly different, but the core grind hasn't changed. None of this is bad mind you, but if it doesn't make you happy then why inflict yourself with it?

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
In response to the previous posts I am however tired of MMOs coming out with the same flavor and STILL having the a-typical usual bugs. It would be one thing IF the game was revolutionary and took risks and THAT explained it's short comings in other (what would normally be standard) areas.

Servers are better now for sure, though they do need European data centers.

System Name HAL
Processor Core i9 13900k @5.8-6.1
Motherboard Z790 Arous master
Cooling EKWB Quantum Velocity V2 & (2) 360 Corsair XR7 Rads push/pull
Memory 2x 32GB (64GB) Gskill trident 6000 CL30 @28 1T
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 Gigagbyte gaming OC @ +200/1300
Storage (M2's) 2x Samsung 980 pro 2TB, 1xWD Black 2TB, 1x SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB
Display(s) 65" LG OLED 120HZ
Case Lian Li dyanmic Evo11 with distro plate
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350
Software Microsoft Windows 11 x64
Hows that stability working out for you guys?
Idk about you, but I have 90k/kicked error, everyday.
Bosses in T5 go into stupid mode and you can glitch win it.
Major boss fights have been glitchable for wins = nubs with relics and allagan.
People lagging so badly, that they freeze from 1-8 seconds at a time..
20 minutes wait ques, going up to 40 minutes, for major dungeons like AK.
I mean..
Pretty stable right? lol..
I'm totally looking forward to being on turn 5 and having the boss at 5%, to watch 3 of us 90k out.
That will be a blast..

BTW I am on turn 5...
But hey, I rant right?
Yea, not so much...

This has a been a known issue since release. I mean, they announced day one they knew about the problem. They stopped allowing people to purchase the game and are doing a TON of maintenance tomorrow to help alleviate these issues. You should really take the time to read about these things before making a rant on a forum.

Please, tell me how you really feel.

You are not the only one who is going through these issues, however you are easily the most butthurt that I've seen. It's a game. Most games, especially MMOs have issues at launch. You'd think you would have learned by now.

Lol at another fan boy, who can't think of a single reasonable thing to say, so he tosses out insults, as if they make for valid statements..
Lol in full.

Servers are bad, people are paying for them and they are still bad..
Still, even after months of "giving them time"
It has gotten worse in some cases..
In no way do I consider this to be a stable game, by any stretch of the imagination.
No one does..
Not a single person playing it is happy with it.. Not one..
Needs to be fixed ids all I'm sayin.. It's not ok..

Last edited: