1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Finally Building a New PC Need Advice!!

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by petepete, Jul 12, 2008.

1. petepete

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, I'm selling this pc in my specs to a friend so I need advice on when/what I should purchase with a budget of no over 2000$. I am hearing Nehalem coming out soon but I want to know if I should wait for AMD's next top phenoms or Intels top processors and if they will support my budget?
    I am planning to get a HD 4870 x2 and might get two of them in the future
    I also want to purchase my computer before October.. so the Real
    question I have is

1. Should I wait for the next processors? and also is there any word on both Intel's and AMD's top CPU's coming out?

2. Should I get DDR3 or DDR2 ram?

3. 8 gb as opposed to 4 gb of RAM since I am getting vista and I heared when you get 8 gb you get more pagefile or something which increases speed

4. RAID 0 worth it substantially?

Thanks a lot for your advice beforehand, I just really want to know if this is a good time for me to get a new pc, or I should wait a little more for something huge??

pete

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:

I am personally waiting for the new load of Intel to come out. only after the first load of price cuts will i buy one of them though. and by then maybe a new load of graphics will be out as well.